[VID] Overeem arrives at Jackson's, "likes the vibe"

Thanks for the video. I think this move will be good for him.

Does Browne haze him in the vid. If not, will not click.

I hope he KOs Browne in sparring, then leaves.

I read "I like the vibe" in his voice. Then I watched the video and it was exactly as I imagined.

Hopefully Jackson doesn't turn Reem into a lay and pray fighter.

Hopefully Jackson doesn't turn Reem into a lay and pray fighter.

I don't think Jackson really does that he just gets guys to game plan better and fight to their strengths more, you have to remember Condit and Cerrone also fight at that camp and are very exciting and when Guillard was there he was still very exciting as well just more successful than he was prior to joining them and after leaving. I think Overeem will be more patient and more like the Overeem we saw in the Mir fight but hopefully more polished.

EconoReem is taking dat title.

I'm not sure if he will but he's got a better chance of beating Cain than anyone except maybe Werdum. His ability to counter strike, his clinch game, his guillotine, ground game and ability to finish the fight in the first round(30 first round finishes) makes him a very dangerous match up for Cain.

Thanks for the vid TS

I don't know if the gym is gonna help him. He's been to many after Golden Glory. Bas said it years ago, the trainers at GG taught him to cover that glass chin but he bailed on them.

How long did he stay at Mike's gym, the Blackzillions, the training camps in Thailand, the gyms in L.A. and Vegas.

It's his second day at Greg's and he is already sure he will be doing partial training camps in Thailand. He isn't committed and that's fine if it works for him but if he is gonna be a gypsy how much time you think Greg is gonna invest in a 34 year old fighter?

His body language and eyes told the whole story in that vid. I'm not sure if he believed what he was saying. To me it seemed like he was just trying to say the right things. Obvious is obvious.

Good for him man, Alistair Overeem 2.0 is born

Yep first practice is just vocular chords, making duck sounds "quaack quackk quuaack". I heard LHW champ runs that one. Then him and Greg will do a joint effort about sports psychology called "ducking is normal, how to weasel yourself out of anything in 30 days".
Gonna be great!

Reem just doesn't seem like a one camp guy. He wants the entire camp to revolve around him and moves all of the time. I can't see it lasting but hopefully Jackson can teach him a few things before he goes.

Thanks for the vid TS

I don't know if the gym is gonna help him. He's been to many after Golden Glory. Bas said it years ago, the trainers at GG taught him to cover that glass chin but he bailed on them.

How long did he stay at Mike's gym, the Blackzillions, the training camps in Thailand, the gyms in L.A. and Vegas.

It's his second day at Greg's and he is already sure he will be doing partial training camps in Thailand. He isn't committed and that's fine if it works for him but if he is gonna be a gypsy how much time you think Greg is gonna invest in a 34 year old fighter?

His body language and eyes told the whole story in that vid. I'm not sure if he believed what he was saying. To me it seemed like he was just trying to say the right things. Obvious is obvious.

Where did he say that? It wasn't in this interview. I think you're seeing things that aren't there, Overeem is always like this, he's very analytical and careful in what he says and how he says things.

Yep first practice is just vocular chords, making duck sounds "quaack quackk quuaack". I heard LHW champ runs that one. Then him and Greg will do a joint effort about sports psychology called "ducking is normal, how to weasel yourself out of anything in 30 days".
Gonna be great!
Oh god, go make your funnies in one of the many other Jones hate threads.

Where did he say that? It wasn't in this interview. I think you're seeing things that aren't there, Overeem is always like this, he's very analytical and careful in what he says and how he says things.

He said in the interview that he may go back to Thailand for a part of a future training camp but that it is too far away to have whole camps there. He just said he wasn't ruling it out. Overeem is one of my favorite fighters but I do sort of agree with Tonycpa that he is a bit wishy washy and doesn't commit to one group of coaches/trainers. It's like he only wants to do things his way and when a coach tries to change his tendencies he is likely to move on. Only to have the same problems at his new camp.

He needs a kick ass striking coach to sharpen his strengths. His wrestling/TDD should only be the MAIN focus if he's fighting Cain. Otherwise he should try to get his striking back near the K1 Champ level of 2008. IMO his striking is not nearly as deadly as it was a few years back.

Back