Vid now or not

joshetc

butthole hurts from teh gay
Reaction score
I joined St. Wilhelm's a while ago and still need to make a vid. I was thinking for my first vid I'd deadlift 435. Which would be about 2.8x bodyweight deadlift. The problem I'm having is trying to decide if I should make the vid today or on Tuesday. I deadlifted on Tuesday the 22nd and maxed Power Clean on Tuesday the 29th, so I know I'm not 100%. I still think I have a shot at doing it, though. The real problem is basically if I attempt it today, and fail. I more than likely wont be able to attempt again for at least a week. If I were to workout somewhat light today and attempt next Tuesday (the 6th) I would more than likely make the lift.

Should I just man up and take a gamble or be conservative and wait a few more days? I've been thinking about this for 3 or 4 days now and still can't decide...

Do what feels right. St Wilhelm's is not about succeeding or failing, but giving it your best.

We still love you either way!

Just the fact that you're asking "should I wait?" tells me you should wait.

Hesitation is the enemy of goal realization.

Rofl. Its just that I'm so damn anxious to make my first vid. This will also be my first lifting vid in general. I think I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and try it. I check my ego at the door when I go to the gym, so the only real downside is that St. Wilhelm's will have to wait a bit longer for me to post a vid...

True, but there's also something satisfying about hesitating, then saying "Oh fuck it" and doing it anyway.

edit: Damnit, don't make a decision! We have to all disagree and keep you confused and hesitant!

Rofl. Its just that I'm so damn anxious to make my first vid. This will also be my first lifting vid in general. I think I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and try it. I check my ego at the door when I go to the gym, so the only real downside is that St. Wilhelm's will have to wait a bit longer for me to post a vid...

edit: Good job sherdog. Telling me I hit the flood defense thing, then going ahead and making my post for me anyway. Thanks.

Do a test run. My first camera attempt at deadlifting was epicly awesome failure as anyone who saw it can attest.

Do a test run. My first camera attempt at deadlifting was epicly awesome failure as anyone who saw it can attest.

QFT. Take test run videos to get the camera where you want it. Watch for overhead lighting interferance. You can get really bad glare or shadows.

Almost 3x BW? Not too shabby. Wait until you're 100%

Almost 3x BW? Not too shabby. Wait until you're 100%

Thats my goal for 2008. I plan to be 165lbs with a 5 plate deadlift.

Also, I've actually got a friend that is going to hold the camera for me. If anything goes wrong I'll lay him out under my next PR attempt while I drop the weight on his head :)

Don't these two statements contradict each other?

I would say don't be affraid of failure. Be affraid of not trying your hardest. Cause we can tell. If you have an epic battle with 435 and fail, you earn our respect more than if you post a vid of an easy lift. But I guess I need to join the Church before I can say stuff like this huh. I've just been waiting until I "get around to it." Anybody know where I can get "a round toit"?

Don't these two statements contradict each other?

I probably should've phrased things differently.

What I mean is, there's nothing wrong with waiting until you feel ready.

Trying to do something when you don't feel ready may result in failure due to lack of focus, lack of effort, etc.

Back