Victory Is Your Duty - PBS documentary on junior cuban amateurs (MUST WATCH)

Those kids are tougher than me. I felt so weak compared to those kids I actually went out and ran and lifted weights.

What I liked most about this Doc (which I'm going to put in the Amateurs thread) is that it showed also the Political effects Boxing can have on a place.

What I think Cuba is hoping for is that Fidel's Brother will be more relaxed and laid-back about things, and so far there seems to be glimmers of reasons to hope. If he opens up possibilities for Professional Boxing, it could do wonders for the Country's economy at this point because Fighters who didn't defect would be allowed to make a living doing what they did best.

Here's to hoping.

i'd like to see what they DON"T show on camera. u know that doc was heavily edited and doublechecked by the Cuban gov't.

i've heard plenty of stories from Cubans who have no happy stories about their home island. I really hope things turn around for them.

i'd like to see what they DON"T show on camera. u know that doc was heavily edited and doublechecked by the Cuban gov't.

i've heard plenty of stories from Cubans who have no happy stories about their home island. I really hope things turn around for them.

I'm sure they limited what they were able to shoot, but the Cuban gov't wouldn't be involved in post-production whatsoever were back at PBS. I think the doc put a positive spin on the development program without ignoring the underlying propaganda forced upon these kids at an early age.

Either way, it was a great piece of work.

Back