Victors write history, the sad part about Fedor not coming to UFC in 2009 and beating Brock

P.S. That "never should have lost" era of Overeem also got TKO'd by a gusty breeze from Travis Brown (next fight), and TKO'd by the striking expert Ben Rothwell. . . . and Overeem's fight against a fat, gassed Mir was an embarrassment. You've got some serious revisionist history going on.

You're the one doing serious revisionist history. Overeem also never should've lost the Browne fight, and arguably stopped him giving Browne was screaming while turtled and being pummelled. That's a verbal stoppage, let alone the TKO that was going. Instead the ref let it go and Overeem gassed himself out.

Rothwell he lost fair and square. Just too good of a chin there, and Overeem was too reckless trying to put away a guy who wasn't likely to be put away. That's entirely his fault. And he still broke Rothwell's arm which might've earned him a stoppage had it gone to the end of the round.

Most of what you're talking about is Overeem being the better striker, but having extremely poor cardio and fight IQ. There's a reason why the next "version" of Overeem was Econoreem.

Fedor has wins over Coleman X2, Randelman, Big Nog X2, Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski and Mir. All of those guys were UFC or Pride champs during Fedors Prime. The only guys that were champs from his era that he didn't fight were Couture and Barnett.

Literally none of those guys besides Nog was champ when Fedor fought them.

Like I said, you guys always try and say "Look at this guy who WASN'T the champion who Fedor beat". You always try and ignore that if they're NOT the champion then clearly someone else is and THAT is the actual counterpart of Fedor to compare him to. He never fought a single one of them besides Nog, who is who he stole the title from in the first place.

Reminder Fedor’s camp accused Bigfoot of voodoo during their fight. Google it.

Despite what people believe calling me a Fedor hater before. I actually used to say he was the best ever ad nobody could beat him ever.

I now regard him as the current HW GOAT in terms of accomplishments but not the most
unbeatable HW, I believe there are several prime HW who would be a rightful favor or match for him (Prime Werdum, Ubereem, Ngannou, Stipe, possibly Cormier, Cain maybe JDS). I also think that Stipe, and if Ngannou career has many defenses could challenge him in career accomplishments (for example Fedor beat a lot of top guys but also beat like 11 opponents with losing records, Ngannou and Stipe have only faced like 3 cans each) so that needs to always be taken into account.

I also always believed and still do that Fedor would of TKO Brock brutally, would of beat Randy, beat Mir, and short of haymaker punch would of beat Carwin. The UFC Division in 2009, and 2010 was not good and Big Foot and Werdum then were much more difficult matches for Fedor then Brock, Randy, Mir, and Carwin would of been.

Fedor superfans dont get it!

If Fedor came to the UFC then he would of DESTROYED Brock via an embarassing TKO like Cain did but probably in 2nd round after maybe being takendown 1x and then getting up and taking some punches. Fedor then would of DESTROYED Frank Mir, and KO Randy, and probably submitted Carwin

Fedor would of been a UFC HW Champion and have at least 2x title defenses. He would of then had the UFC promotion machine and been inducted in the hall of fame, the UFC would claim him as their own.

But by never going to UFC they wont write about him and they control MMA´s future and every year more and more fans are created in MMA and they wont really know of Fedor and the promotion machine of the UFC will paint what Stipe or what Ngannou may do as better.

It is sad but this is the truth
First of all, I think it is utter BS to claim Fedor would lose to any HW.
You don't know, and Fedor proved that at the top of his career, he beat all who were put in front of him.

But you put far too much stock on the UFC hype machine.
They can say whatever the fuck they want, it won't change the fact Fedor was the GOAT.

But time is always moving forward, and this is true for ANY sport.
Same as no one remember Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell or even Magic when talking about NBA GOAT. It is only Jordan or LeBron.
They salivate about Jordan's 6 rings, but they have absolutely no clue that Russell has 11.

Soccer: Anyone remember Pele? Maradonna?
No, today they only know Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar with few other exceptions.
Heck, even the Ronaldo's are already forgotten...

So this is nothing new, and not unique to MMA. It's only natural that people will remember the latest and greatest, and the old guys will be forgotten.
But this has nothing to do with Fedor not coming to the UFC.
Because anyone that followed his career knows he would have murdered Lesnar. And let us not forget that StrikeForce at that time had a much better HW division, so he went where the talent was.

First of all, I think it is utter BS to claim Fedor would lose to any HW.
You don't know, and Fedor proved that at the top of his career, he beat all who were put in front of him.

But you put far too much stock on the UFC hype machine.
They can say whatever the fuck they want, it won't change the fact Fedor was the GOAT.

But time is always moving forward, and this is true for ANY sport.
Same as no one remember Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell or even Magic when talking about NBA GOAT. It is only Jordan or LeBron.
They salivate about Jordan's 6 rings, but they have absolutely no clue that Russell has 11.

Soccer: Anyone remember Pele? Maradonna?
No, today they only know Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar with few other exceptions.
Heck, even the Ronaldo's are already forgotten...

So this is nothing new, and not unique to MMA. It's only natural that people will remember the latest and greatest, and the old guys will be forgotten.
But this has nothing to do with Fedor not coming to the UFC.
Because anyone that followed his career knows he would have murdered Lesnar. And let us not forget that StrikeForce at that time had a much better HW division, so he went where the talent was.
Nah, cain and brock would have smashed fedor easily.

The goat of HW is Stipe! He is better than Fedor! He is the champion... He... UFC shills are unsufferable.

I agree a lot with the TS. Fedor imo is still a top 4-5 GOAT (arguably #1) and I still consider him the GOAT HW but not by a significant margin anymore. Unfortunately over time as long as the UFC is the top promotion, more and more will forget about Fedor or at least not really remember him for how great he really was. Especially with the popular fighters getting more broadcast and media time, their opinions which often times are going to align with the UFC management's opinions are going to be the 'truths' that the new fans learn. 5 years from now I won't be surprised if we start seeing threads like "Today I just learned about Fedor" and shit like that lol.

You're the one doing serious revisionist history. Overeem also never should've lost the Browne fight, and arguably stopped him giving Browne was screaming while turtled and being pummelled. That's a verbal stoppage, let alone the TKO that was going. Instead the ref let it go and Overeem gassed himself out.

Rothwell he lost fair and square. Just too good of a chin there, and Overeem was too reckless trying to put away a guy who wasn't likely to be put away. That's entirely his fault. And he still broke Rothwell's arm which might've earned him a stoppage had it gone to the end of the round.

Most of what you're talking about is Overeem being the better striker, but having extremely poor cardio and fight IQ. There's a reason why the next "version" of Overeem was Econoreem.

Literally none of those guys besides Nog was champ when Fedor fought them.

Like I said, you guys always try and say "Look at this guy who WASN'T the champion who Fedor beat". You always try and ignore that if they're NOT the champion then clearly someone else is and THAT is the actual counterpart of Fedor to compare him to. He never fought a single one of them besides Nog, who is who he stole the title from in the first place.
I said those guys were champs during his era. I didn't say they held the belt at the time of their fight with Fedor. Every single one of them were highly ranked when they fought Fedor except for Mir. That fight took place once they were both over the hill. Champ vs Champ fights weren't possible because the UFC won't co-promote.

Me too, Mir would have lost if not for that unfair stoppage, brock didnt even mean to hit him in the back of the head, mir actually turned his head down and brock accidently hit it, also he got no warning.

You are the one sounding like a 14 year old dismissing all brocks wins when the guy came in with no experience and smashed everyone until he got a seriousl illness, also you are an amateur fighter but you arent a ncaa div 1 wrestling and ufc hw champion so you shouldnt talk down on a guy like that cause he is clearly better than you will ever be at fighting.
No, you are! Poopy head!
Q6Lk.gif

Lmao actual Brock nut-huggers on this site are few and far between, and hasn’t really been a thing for years other than memes. Versus Fedor’s cult like fanbase that’s still prominent today.

One fanbase feels the need to make countless threads about their deity after every high profile HW fight because of their insecurity. The other doesn’t. I’ll let you guess which one.
I guess you're the nut-hugger authority on this one. The guy sounds like a 14 year old defending his dad in a hypothetical fight. Whether he's nut hugging or not, my earlier points were valid. . . he just pretended they didn't exist. What does that make him? I'll let you guess.

I agree a lot with the TS. Fedor imo is still a top 4-5 GOAT (arguably #1) and I still consider him the GOAT HW but not by a significant margin anymore. Unfortunately over time as long as the UFC is the top promotion, more and more will forget about Fedor or at least not really remember him for how great he really was. Especially with the popular fighters getting more broadcast and media time, their opinions which often times are going to align with the UFC management's opinions are going to be the 'truths' that the new fans learn. 5 years from now I won't be surprised if we start seeing threads like "Today I just learned about Fedor" and shit like that lol.
The early 2000's up until about 2012 will be remembered as the golden era of MMA much like the mid 80's and late 90's is remembered in pro wrestling. Those were the boom periods before the one big Company killed all the competition and ended a once thriving industry that never recovered. WWE won the war ,put everyone else out of business and now we are left with a shitty product. UFC won the war ,put everyone else out of business and now we are left with a shitty product.

LOL
200w.gif

Valid counter-points and argument= "revisionist history" gotchya.

I guess you're the nut-hugger authority on this one. The guy sounds like a 14 year old defending his dad in a hypothetical fight. Whether he's nut hugging or not, my earlier points were valid. . . he just pretended they didn't exist. What does that make him? I'll let you guess.

And my point still stands. Fedor’s nuthuggers far exceed the remnants of whatever’s left of Brock’s fans. Nice deflection about that though.

Bizzare logic. Shot chin Fedor getting KO'd by Hendo of all people is indicative of...nothing.
There's 0 chance that a guy who can't take a shot from a middleweight will survive Carwin's shots

There's 0 chance that a guy who can't take a shot from a middleweight will survive Carwin's shots
How is a guy with a shot chin getting KO'd indicative of anything? Please explain.

Shaddows

You are the one dreaming if you think fedor could beat either even in his prime.

And my point still stands. Fedor’s nuthuggers far exceed the remnants of whatever’s left of Brock’s fans. Nice deflection about that though.
??? You sound insecure. What am I deflecting? I agree with you ya tard. I wasn't referring to or even mentioning Fedor or his nuthuggers (of which I agree there are many) in any of my points or comments. You're cool/nice deflection/projection

Prime vs prime he absolutely starches Ngannou, Cain, Werdum and JDS. I don’t think competing under a banner outside the UFC means much in terms of legacy but since your argument is that they won’t tell the truth, you’re right. And the fans they cater to are retards who only know about Conor. So you’re probably right about some of that.

??? You sound insecure. What am I deflecting? I agree with you ya tard. I wasn't referring to or even mentioning Fedor or his nuthuggers (of which I agree there are many) in any of my points or comments. You're cool/nice deflection/projection

I called out your idiotic “dime a dozen Brock nut-huggers” comment in regards to Fedor and now you’re angry as hell about it. Talking about insecurity when you’re the one slinging childish insults to everyone lol.

Back