Victors write history, the sad part about Fedor not coming to UFC in 2009 and beating Brock

Bigfoot got the shit kicked out of him for 2 rounds by an Overeem who was too cocky to put him away and instead gassed himself out prolonging the fight, and then came out for the 3rd still a cocky fucking idiot despite being gassed.

He never should've lost that fight. He was very clearly the better fighter, and the problem was he also knew that.

At all implying Bigfoot could've ever had this fight with Brock is simply embarrassing. Say what you will about Brock, but he was kill or be killed. He's coming out with a blast double and trying to put Bigfoot on his ass and pound him out in 30 seconds. Which very likely would've happened.
LOL. Brock was a glass cannon with no striking. He was fed Heath Herring and a comidically undersized (and old) Couture. . . and then got destroyed by Carwin (and it could have been a stoppage) who, in turn, comedically gassed. . . and then went on to get his shit pushed in twice by guys who, when they tagged him, sent him cowering and cart-wheeling away to the canvas.

P.S. That "never should have lost" era of Overeem also got TKO'd by a gusty breeze from Travis Brown (next fight), and TKO'd by the striking expert Ben Rothwell. . . . and Overeem's fight against a fat, gassed Mir was an embarrassment. You've got some serious revisionist history going on.

LOL. Brock was a glass cannon with no striking. He was fed Heath Herring and a comidically undersized (and old) Couture. . . and then got destroyed by Carwin (and it could have been a stoppage) who, in turn, comedically gassed. . . and then went on to get his shit pushed in twice by guys who, when they tagged him, sent him cowering and cart-wheeling away to the canvas.

P.S. That "never should have lost" era of Overeem also got TKO'd by a gusty breeze from Travis Brown (next fight), and TKO'd by the striking expert Ben Rothwell. . . . and Overeem's fight against a fat, gassed Mir was an embarrassment. You've got some serious revisionist history going on.
Typical hater, did you miss the hunt fight where brock actually won the standup? he even got hit a few times and it was like nothing for him. You clearly are a hater(and you wont be 1/100 of the fighter brock is in your lifetime) lol

Big fan a both - don't really care what anyone says to the negative on either.

At the time I would have favored Brock (as a fan) but with little sense of security.

Big fan a both - don't really care what anyone says to the negative on either.

At the time I would have favored Brock (as a fan) but with little sense of security.
Look how brock manhandled mir on the ground, he would do the same to fedor, smother him so he couldnt attempt an armbar and just smash him on the ground

Look how brock manhandled mir on the ground, he would do the same to fedor, smother him so he couldnt attempt an armbar and just smash him on the ground

I still despise Maz for that 1st fight!

Typical hater, did you miss the hunt fight where brock actually won the standup? he even got hit a few times and it was like nothing for him. You clearly are a hater(and you wont be 1/100 of the fighter brock is in your lifetime) lol
LOL you sound 14. I'm a huge mma fan, former amateur fighter, and still train. You sound like a but-hurt Brock nut-hugger. Dime a dozen.

I still despise Maz for that 1st fight!
Me too, Mir would have lost if not for that unfair stoppage, brock didnt even mean to hit him in the back of the head, mir actually turned his head down and brock accidently hit it, also he got no warning.
LOL you sound 14. I'm a huge mma fan, former amateur fighter, and still train. You sound like a but-hurt Brock nut-hugger. Dime a dozen.
You are the one sounding like a 14 year old dismissing all brocks wins when the guy came in with no experience and smashed everyone until he got a seriousl illness, also you are an amateur fighter but you arent a ncaa div 1 wrestling and ufc hw champion so you shouldnt talk down on a guy like that cause he is clearly better than you will ever be at fighting.

When they fought Sylvia wasn't champion. The guy who'd dummied him before Fedor ever did was. And he went on to lose to the very guy this thread is about Fedor also not fighting.

You guys always do this. "Look at this person who WASN'T Fedor's counterpart that he beat!!!!". It's not at all the same thing.
Fedor has wins over Coleman X2, Randelman, Big Nog X2, Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski and Mir. All of those guys were UFC or Pride champs during Fedors Prime. The only guys that were champs from his era that he didn't fight were Couture and Barnett.

Fedor has wins over Coleman X2, Randelman, Big Nog X2, Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski and Mir. All of those guys were UFC or Pride champs during Fedors Prime. The only guys that were champs from his era that he didn't fight were Couture and Barnett.
Fedors best win was cro cop and we all know what happened to cro cop in the ufc.

Good for fedor because he would get SMASHED by Brock if he did come to UFC.
Maybe, We'll never know how that fight would've went down if it had happened when it should have. My personal opinion is that if Brock got on top of him against the cage he would win. If it stayed on the feet for any significant amount of time Fedor probably wins. If that fight had happened in 2009 or 2010 it would've been the highest grossing PPV in the history of the sport up until that time. So both promotions dropped the ball on that one.

UFC may or may not have the best athletes.

But they unquestionably have the best marketing, the best distribution, the highest visibility, and the strongest overall brand.

The UFC knows how to make their athlete into l stars amongst the combat community more so then any other promotion and as such they will always be PERCEIVED as better
The ufc undeniably has the best talent in mma right now

So what I gathered from reading the OP is that the TS let propaganda change his opinion.

Ufc only had the best heavyweights after strike force was purchased, so fedor at the end of his prime was chasing the better comp in america when he went to strike force instead of ufc.
He wasn't chasing anything but money. Fedor and M1 would have preferred the ufc, but the ufc wouldn't co promote

Maybe, We'll never know how that fight would've went down if it had happened when it should have. My personal opinion is that if Brock got on top of him against the cage he would win. If it stayed on the feet for any significant amount of time Fedor probably wins. If that fight had happened in 2009 or 2010 it would've been the highest grossing PPV in the history of the sport up until that time. So both promotions dropped the ball on that one.
I dont know if he would have won the standup either because brocks reach is like tim sylvias and it would hard for fedor to strike with him and he would most likely get taken down and smothered like mir.

I dont know if he would have won the standup either because brocks reach is like tim sylvias and it would hard for fedor to strike with him and he would most likely get taken down and smothered like mir.
Fedor was far superior to Brock on the feet and faster as far as striking goes. Brock was basically a bigger stronger version of Coleman. I'm a Brock fan so I would never totally write him off. Fedor just had more ways to win. That being said it was probably a fight that could go either way depending on the circumstances.

Fedor was far superior to Brock on the feet and faster as far as striking goes. Brock was basically a bigger stronger version of Coleman. I'm a Brock fan so I would never totally write him off. Fedor just had more ways to win. That being said it was probably a fight that could go either way depending on the circumstances.
Fedor was faster on the feet when striking yes but brock is very fast at getting takedowns and his reach would keep fedor outside, as soon as fedor would go for strikes brock would double leg him, look what happened to hunt, he could barely attack brock.

Lmao actual Brock nut-huggers on this site are few and far between, and hasn’t really been a thing for years other than memes. Versus Fedor’s cult like fanbase that’s still prominent today.

One fanbase feels the need to make countless threads about their deity after every high profile HW fight because of their insecurity. The other doesn’t. I’ll let you guess which one.

Last edited:
Back