Victors write history, the sad part about Fedor not coming to UFC in 2009 and beating Brock

Emelianenko was scared of Tim Sylvia?

700full.jpg

Emelianenko didn't sign with the UFC after Pride collapsed, Sylvia was the UFC Heavyweight champion at that time, and yet when they fought Sylvia got destroyed.

The UFC wasn't going to allow Emelianenko to compete in Sambo, which he was doing till 2008, the UFC had (and continues) to have extremely controlling contracts, and Dana White himself has forever treated fighters with a great deal of disrespect; it's for those reasons that Emelianenko refused to sign with the UFC.

When they fought Sylvia wasn't champion. The guy who'd dummied him before Fedor ever did was. And he went on to lose to the very guy this thread is about Fedor also not fighting.

You guys always do this. "Look at this person who WASN'T Fedor's counterpart that he beat!!!!". It's not at all the same thing.

You guys always do this.
And you offered no rebuttal to all the reasons I gave for why Emelianenko never signed with the UFC; when presented with facts, haters always pretend like nothing was ever said in the first place <Lmaoo>.

Henderson stopped Fedor while Brock managed to survive Carwin's savage beating until he gassed. No way does Fedor survive against Carwin or JDS at that time
Bizzare logic. Shot chin Fedor getting KO'd by Hendo of all people is indicative of...nothing.

Fedor got outwrestled and KO'd by a MW in Henderson. Brock beats him to a pulp

I think there's an alternate universe where Fedor graces the cover of Sports Illustrated and is best
selling UFC atheltes starts Russian 12 vodka

Despite what people believe calling me a Fedor hater before. I actually used to say he was the best ever ad nobody could beat him ever.

I now regard him as the current HW GOAT in terms of accomplishments but not the most
unbeatable HW, I believe there are several prime HW who would be a rightful favor or match for him (Prime Werdum, Ubereem, Ngannou, Stipe, possibly Cormier, Cain maybe JDS). I also think that Stipe, and if Ngannou career has many defenses could challenge him in career accomplishments (for example Fedor beat a lot of top guys but also beat like 11 opponents with losing records, Ngannou and Stipe have only faced like 3 cans each) so that needs to always be taken into account.

I also always believed and still do that Fedor would of TKO Brock brutally, would of beat Randy, beat Mir, and short of haymaker punch would of beat Carwin. The UFC Division in 2009, and 2010 was not good and Big Foot and Werdum then were much more difficult matches for Fedor then Brock, Randy, Mir, and Carwin would of been.

Fedor superfans dont get it!

If Fedor came to the UFC then he would of DESTROYED Brock via an embarassing TKO like Cain did but probably in 2nd round after maybe being takendown 1x and then getting up and taking some punches. Fedor then would of DESTROYED Frank Mir, and KO Randy, and probably submitted Carwin

Fedor would of been a UFC HW Champion and have at least 2x title defenses. He would of then had the UFC promotion machine and been inducted in the hall of fame, the UFC would claim him as their own.

But by never going to UFC they wont write about him and they control MMA´s future and every year more and more fans are created in MMA and they wont really know of Fedor and the promotion machine of the UFC will paint what Stipe or what Ngannou may do as better.

It is sad but this is the truth

The UFC is a joke....They can't make super fights happen.

Fedor vs Brock, Failed

GSP vs Anderson Silva, Failed

GSP vs Khabib, Failed

Dana/UFC are holding the sport back...Superfights is what pushes MMA/Boxing to new eras.....MMA would've benefited alot by these super fights...The hype would've been amazing.
Whats so "Super" about Fedor vs Brock other than Brock Lesnar?

At the time I would have favoured Fedor, now in hindsight i'd slightly favour 09 Brock over 09 Fedor. It would have been a compelling match up though because Fedor didnt look completely washed yet.

When they fought Sylvia wasn't champion. The guy who'd dummied him before Fedor ever did was. And he went on to lose to the very guy this thread is about Fedor also not fighting.

You guys always do this. "Look at this person who WASN'T Fedor's counterpart that he beat!!!!". It's not at all the same thing.

Randy sat out for about 2 years and when you are in your 40s 2 years is a very long time. I believe he was 46 when he lost to Brock.

Randy sat out, because he wanted to fight Fedor. The UFC was to afraid he would lose. Fedor offered a 1 fight contract to fight Randy in the UFC. UFC turned it down. Again they were afraid Randy would lose.

dude BigFoot was a roided to the gills when he beat Fedor. I was there live in NJ when this happened. This happened prior to USADA sticking their nose into MMA business.

And yet a green DC was able to decapitate him with ease at the time. You nuthuggers need to stop making Bigfoot sound like he was this unstoppable monster.

The only reason Fedor didn't join the UFC is because of Fedor and his management. The UFC begged him to join but his management made all kinds of outlandish requests they knew the UFC couldn't agree to so that they could save face when they said no.

Fedor could have joined the UFC when he signed with Strikeforce, when he signed with Bellator etc.

You can either blame him or his management or both but for once the UFC is not at fault here.

I love both guys. I still would be fired up for the fight today.

dude BigFoot was a roided to the gills when he beat Fedor. I was there live in NJ when this happened. This happened prior to USADA sticking their nose into MMA business.

TRT wasn't banned until Feb 2014 which means Bigfoot was fully juiced up when both Cormier and Cain (twice) obliterated him easily....

If Fedor came to the UFC then he would of DESTROYED Brock via an embarassing TKO like Cain did but probably in 2nd round after maybe being takendown 1x and then getting up and taking some punches. Fedor then would of DESTROYED Frank Mir, and KO Randy, and probably submitted Carwin

Fedor would of been a UFC HW Champion and have at least 2x title defenses. He would of then had the UFC promotion machine and been inducted in the hall of fame, the UFC would claim him as their own.

But by never going to UFC they wont write about him and they control MMA´s future and every year more and more fans are created in MMA and they wont really know of Fedor and the promotion machine of the UFC will paint what Stipe or what Ngannou may do as better.

It is sad but this is the truth
This is all you had to say brother
{<redford}

This isn't true at all. Bigfoot specifically couldn't have been "roided to the gills" against Fedor precisely due to the fact that the fight was occurring in NJ. The NJ commission was concerned about his pituitary gland/acromegaly situation and made him pass additional and random blood tests to licence him and let him fight.

Bigfoot was by far the most tested fighter of the card. This is well documented, but the Fedor fans always pretend otherwise.

And regardless, as already mentioned elsewhere, a green DC KO'd Bigfoot only 7 months later. He wasn't unbeatable. Fedor lost fair and square.

Brock would have easily taken down and smashed fedor, easily.

The question was why didn't Fedor come to the UFC at ANY point? Which you obviously don't have an answer for, hence the strawman about specifically after his 3 losses.

Facts are:
  • Fedor went on a 3 fight win streak after his Strikeforce losses before his retirement. Didn't sign then either.
  • Fedor retired for 3 years. Fair enough.
  • Fedor unretired. Still didn't sign then, but instead took fights in Rizin and M1.
  • Fedor is now on a 5 fight winning streak. Still didn't sign then.
  • Fedor instead signs with Bellator. He's been with them for 4 years now, and isn't retired.
Facts are that Fedor has NEVER signed with the UFC, despite there being plenty of time and opportunity to. You guys instead try and strawmen it to that he HAD to sign when he was #1, and then just pigeon hole that he could've signed at ANY point, whether he was #1 or not. And in fact had he ever wanted to reclaim his #1 spot he'd have had to sign with the UFC... which again, he didn't.

It's beyond amazing to watch people try and bend themselves over backwards to defend him never having done so in the 14 years since Pride folded. He was active for 11/14 of them. The dude has avoided the UFC like the plague. That's the simple truth.
He never wanted to fight for the UFC nor did he need to. Dana talked crap about him for years. The UFC were never willing to co-promote with M1 and that's one of the things Fedor wanted. He signed with Strikeforce because they met his contract demands and the UFC didn't. The same with Affliction. Strikeforce arguably had a better heavyweight division than the UFC did then. Fedor had 2 fights in Affliction and faced Sylvia & Arlovski when they were both ranked in the top 5. Fedor has always had well paying options outside the UFC and the freedom to do anything else he wanted to. Fedor and his management team have always handled his career more like a top boxer would rather than how MMA fighters usually have to. He was fortunate to make a name for himself outside the UFC and at a time when the UFC wasn't the top MMA promotion. No one has been able to do that since because of the stranglehold the UFC has on the sport.

He never wanted to fight for the UFC nor did he need to. Dana talked crap about him for years. The UFC were never willing to co-promote with M1 and that's one of the things Fedor wanted. He signed with Strikeforce because they met his contract demands and the UFC didn't. The same with Affliction. Strikeforce arguably had a better heavyweight division than the UFC did then. Fedor had 2 fights in Affliction and faced Sylvia & Arlovski when they were both ranked in the top 5. Fedor has always had well paying options outside the UFC and the freedom to do anything else he wanted to. Fedor and his management team have always handled his career more like a top boxer would rather than how MMA fighters usually have to. He was fortunate to make a name for himself outside the UFC and at a time when the UFC wasn't the top MMA promotion. No one has been able to do that since because of the stranglehold the UFC has on the sport.
Good for fedor because he would get SMASHED by Brock if he did come to UFC.

Back