Victors write history, the sad part about Fedor not coming to UFC in 2009 and beating Brock

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
Despite what people believe calling me a Fedor hater before. I actually used to say he was the best ever ad nobody could beat him ever.

I now regard him as the current HW GOAT in terms of accomplishments but not the most
unbeatable HW, I believe there are several prime HW who would be a rightful favor or match for him (Prime Werdum, Ubereem, Ngannou, Stipe, possibly Cormier, Cain maybe JDS). I also think that Stipe, and if Ngannou career has many defenses could challenge him in career accomplishments (for example Fedor beat a lot of top guys but also beat like 11 opponents with losing records, Ngannou and Stipe have only faced like 3 cans each) so that needs to always be taken into account.

I also always believed and still do that Fedor would of TKO Brock brutally, would of beat Randy, beat Mir, and short of haymaker punch would of beat Carwin. The UFC Division in 2009, and 2010 was not good and Big Foot and Werdum then were much more difficult matches for Fedor then Brock, Randy, Mir, and Carwin would of been.

Fedor superfans dont get it!

If Fedor came to the UFC then he would of DESTROYED Brock via an embarassing TKO like Cain did but probably in 2nd round after maybe being takendown 1x and then getting up and taking some punches. Fedor then would of DESTROYED Frank Mir, and KO Randy, and probably submitted Carwin

Fedor would of been a UFC HW Champion and have at least 2x title defenses. He would of then had the UFC promotion machine and been inducted in the hall of fame, the UFC would claim him as their own.

But by never going to UFC they wont write about him and they control MMA´s future and every year more and more fans are created in MMA and they wont really know of Fedor and the promotion machine of the UFC will paint what Stipe or what Ngannou may do as better.

It is sad but this is the truth

Last edited:
Lol at Bigfoot being a harder opponent than Brock and Carwin

He beat tougher competition
He has a black belt
He has suprinsingly good cardio
He is strong
He is huge
He is 290lbs in the cage and was on TRT. When Big Foot was TRTing he was pretty scary, he started to lose after he got off TRT and gave up on his career just fighting for a paycheck

And Werdum certainly is better than Carwin (1 and done) and Brock (afraid to get hit, no stand up, and fear of pain)

Last edited:
It is true that history is written by the victorious. I do think Fedor is the HW GOAT in overall resume. Eventually, as the yrs go by, the % of people who feel that way will greatly diminish to the point where it'd be like 1-5% at some point

He has a black belt
He is strong
He is huge
He is 290lbs in the cage and was on TRT

And Werdum certainly is better than Carwin (1 and done) and Brock (afraid to get hit, no stand up, and fear of pain)

Besides Fedor, he has 3 good wins and 2 of them were beating his ass till they gassed or got caught.

He's a small step above freak show fighter

UFC may or may not have the best athletes.

But they unquestionably have the best marketing, the best distribution, the highest visibility, and the strongest overall brand.

The UFC knows how to make their athlete into l stars amongst the combat community more so then any other promotion and as such they will always be PERCEIVED as better

The UFC is a joke....They can't make super fights happen.

Fedor vs Brock, Failed

GSP vs Anderson Silva, Failed

GSP vs Khabib, Failed

Dana/UFC are holding the sport back...Superfights is what pushes MMA/Boxing to new eras.....MMA would've benefited alot by these super fights...The hype would've been amazing.

I was dying to see Fedor KO Brock at the time, but I had the unnerving feeling that he would get trapped under Brock and pummeled like Mir. Let's not forget that after the UFC negotiations fell through he went to Strikeforce, KO'd Brett Rogers, then lost consecutive bouts to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo. He had lost a ton of muscle by then and I'm not sure he could have kept Brock off of him.

Besides Fedor, he has 3 good wins and 2 of them were beating his ass till they gassed or got caught.

He's a small step above freak show fighter
To me he has 4 great wins, but to each to own. Brock got lucky beating carwin, destroyed by Overeem and Cain, and beating Herring and Couture not so great compared to some of big foots wins. But whatever
I was dying to see Fedor KO Brock at the time, but I had the unnerving feeling that he would get trapped under Brock and pummeled like Mir. Let's not forget that after the UFC negotiations fell through he went to Strikeforce, KO'd Brett Rogers, then lost consecutive bouts to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo. He had lost a ton of muscle by then and I'm not sure he could have kept Brock off of him.

This is true but fights start standing, fedor fast, brock still has to take him down without getting clipped and has to try hard to not be submitted or to hold position. Mir freezes when hit and isnt the fighter or striker Fedor is. Also Mir and Randy would of been favorable matches for Fedor

woulda
coulda
shoulda

who knows what might have happen?

He has a black belt
He is strong
He is huge
He is 290lbs in the cage and was on TRT. When Big Foot was TRTing he was pretty scary, he started to lose after he got off TRT and gave up on his career just fighting for a paycheck

Word. Bigfoot Ko'd a super-hyped Overeem stiff. . . and Overeem made Brock look like a child. So it's not much of a stretch to say that prime Bigfoot might have beaten Brock. UFC/American MMA fanboys are just hyper-sensitive.

Despite what people believe calling me a Fedor hater before. I actually used to say he was the best ever ad nobody could beat him ever.

I now regard him as the current HW GOAT in terms of accomplishments but not the most
unbeatable HW, I believe there are several prime HW who would be a rightful favor or match for him (Prime Werdum, Ubereem, Ngannou, Stipe, possibly Cormier, Cain maybe JDS). I also think that Stipe, and if Ngannou career has many defenses could challenge him in career accomplishments (for example Fedor beat a lot of top guys but also beat like 11 opponents with losing records, Ngannou and Stipe have only faced like 3 cans each) so that needs to always be taken into account.

I also always believed and still do that Fedor would of TKO Brock brutally, would of beat Randy, beat Mir, and short of haymaker punch would of beat Carwin. The UFC Division in 2009, and 2010 was not good and Big Foot and Werdum then were much more difficult matches for Fedor then Brock, Randy, Mir, and Carwin would of been.

If Fedor came to the UFC then he would of DESTROYED Brock via an embarassing TKO like Cain did but probably in 2nd round after maybe being takendown 1x and then getting up and taking some punches. Fedor then would of DESTROYED Frank Mir, and KO Randy, and probably submitted Carwin

Fedor would of been a UFC HW Champion and have at least 2x title defenses. He would of then had the UFC promotion machine and been inducted in the hall of fame, the UFC would claim him as their own.

But by never going to UFC they wont write about him and they control MMA´s future and every year more and more fans are created in MMA and they wont really know of Fedor and the promotion machine of the UFC will paint what Stipe or what Ngannou may do as better.

Dana publicly insulted Fedor for several years before the negotiations. Then said that Fedor wouldn't be allowed to do the sport he loved (sambo) while in the UFC. No one with any self-respect would work for a boss like that. Seriously, if your boss went to the press regularly saying how lousy you were, and even that you were a coward, would you just suck it up or would you tell him to take a hike?

Maybe its a different generation, but I and just about everyone I know would tell a boss who did that to take his job and shove it where the the sun doesn't shine -- and I can't believe people blame Fedor for not turning into a sheep and accepting all the shit Dana dumped on him. Are people really so desperate for work that they think being shit on by your boss is normal and should be accepted?

Another arbitrary ‘GOAT’ debate that doesn't hold any credence at all… yawn.​

Word. Bigfoot Ko'd a super-hyped Overeem stiff. . . and Overeem made Brock look like a child. So it's not much of a stretch to say that prime Bigfoot might have beaten Brock. UFC/American MMA fanboys are just hyper-sensitive.

Bigfoot got the shit kicked out of him for 2 rounds by an Overeem who was too cocky to put him away and instead gassed himself out prolonging the fight, and then came out for the 3rd still a cocky fucking idiot despite being gassed.

He never should've lost that fight. He was very clearly the better fighter, and the problem was he also knew that.

At all implying Bigfoot could've ever had this fight with Brock is simply embarrassing. Say what you will about Brock, but he was kill or be killed. He's coming out with a blast double and trying to put Bigfoot on his ass and pound him out in 30 seconds. Which very likely would've happened.

In his prime he was the goat, Khabib recognizes him as one of the p4p. Other MMA fighters during his time saw him as the best.

"Victors write history"... Not sure people do understand what really happened in that JMMA scene...

Back