Victim no more! Chanel Miller goes public on Brock Turner!

No, but there's just something a little unseemly about trying to cash in on your own alleged rape.

Why?

You seem to be fixated on a certain behaviour that 'victims' need to fulfill.

First off, he never raped her.

She has claimed she has NO memory of the event, so not sure what the "tell all" can even say. She never testified in any manner.

Lastly, with both incredibly drunk and well over the limit the prosecution couldnt prove whether the kissing and touching was consensual. There was no evidence she was dragged and nobody saw him "carrying" her out. People saw them flirting and her rubbing his shoulders at the party. She also placed phone calls to her boyfriend and family members that night leading up to the event. This is why he got off with a light sentence, not because he was a swimmer lmao. Who gives a shit about swimming?
No one really gives a shit about swimming but note that Brock was attending Stanford at the time and both his father and the judge were Stanford alumni. So it appeared to some that the judge was being lenient on a student from his Alma Mater and that's where the outrage came form.

Why?

You seem to be fixated on a certain behaviour that 'victims' need to fulfill.
It seems like for some people the proper way for a victim to act is to disappear from public life. In reality, its normal for victims to speak out about their trauma. We see this from people who are diagnosed with serious illnesses as well, many celebrities who are make public awareness about their disease one of their public causes.

Of course these same right wingers don't mind when victims speak out if they are speaking out against like violence from illegal immigrants or gangs and whatnot, they just don't like when the victim happens to bring attention to a cause that is traditionally seen as a liberal one(in this case the issue of sexual violence and so called male privilege).

It just is. Especially in cases like this where all the facts aren't known. I'm not saying what they should or shouldn't do, just commenting on how it can be interpreted.

Sensationalizing your own alleged rape for profit is rather unseemly. You don't have to agree.

Well, for one, I would advise my sister and daughter to not get wasted to a point where their BAC is above 0.20, let alone hang out at parties where drinks are served freely and potential sexual predators may loom. Maybe I'm a square and a bore, but I'm not a fan of fraternities or any other organizations that encourage foolish behaviors such as this. While I'm not pinning the blame on the victim, It was her decision to drink excessively and make herself highly vulnerable to sexual assault.
I agree but this cuts both ways. Its no secret that alcohol doesn't facilitate measured reasoning so as a man if you're going to get wasted and then find yourself alone with a woman you barely know who is also wasted, you're putting yourself in a situation where you're liable to make some bad decisions and even if you don't you're in a situation in which you're vulnerable to malicious false accusations.

Yes, i think rape should be a capital crime. I dont believe rapists can be rehabilitated, like child molesters. they can never be allowed near other people safely again. Same solution, for the same reason.
Thanks for your response. I agree with you that rape should be considered a capital crime. For the death penalty to be applied the burden of proof would need to be very high.

Aside: I live in a small city in Poland, my dude. Prior to that I lived in North Vegas and worked with at-risk youth. Prior to that I lived in Managua, Nicaragua and worked with impoverished peoples. Prior to that I lived in a ranching town in True NorCal and worked with victims of sexual assault.

Just because you think you're a strongkboi edgelorde doesn't mean you're not also a pos. I've seen pos posters like you for nearly 2 decades. You're not special, you're just sad.

I’m not your “dude,” bruh. Sounds like you want people to think you’re a good person, possibly compensating for a lack of meaningful skills. News flash: you never helped anyone but yourself. You’re just another self-congratulatory prick trying to colllect a check, and a tiny one at that. You’re not better than anyone else. Brock Turner bless.

Ridiculous situation.

This isn't a defense of Turner, because he's a piece of shit. But this woman is no hero, and the fact that she's clearly trying to profit off of a high profile rape case just seems a bit scummy to me.

Ridiculous situation.

This isn't a defense of Turner, because he's a piece of shit. But this woman is no hero, and the fact that she's clearly trying to profit off of a high profile rape case just seems a bit scummy to me.
also this. couldn't of said it better

Of course these same right wingers don't mind when victims speak out if they are speaking out against like violence from illegal immigrants or gangs and whatnot, they just don't like when the victim happens to bring attention to a cause that is traditionally seen as a liberal one(in this case the issue of sexual violence and so called male privilege).
You can just compare and contrast the replies here with the numerous threads about Andy Ngo. Many of the same posters here blaming the victim sure as fuck rallied behind Ngo- a troll grifter who intentionally agitates others.

You can just compare and contrast the replies here with the numerous threads about Andy Ngo. Many of the same posters here blaming the victim sure as fuck rallied behind Ngo- a troll grifter who intentionally agitates others.
Oh yeah some on the right have no issue exploiting the kind of victimhood politics they ostensibly critique when the minute its convenient for them.

He literally carried off a passed out girl to fuck behind a dumpster. And everyone calls him a rapist cause hes a convicted rapist.
Wrong. Zero evidence he carried her a passed out girl anywhere. Surely there would be witnesses that a little man carried a drunk girl from a frat party lol.

I just hope her boyfriend didnt leave her after it was all said and done. Theres nothing wrong with giving a freshman boy a back rub in front of multiple witnesses and leaving with him well after midnight to not have sex. Hopefully he stayed by her side.

So, if your sister or daughter made a poor choice & was sexually assaulted while intoxicated then she'd be fair game? An individual could rape her & not be held accountable by you because she put herself in that position?

This argument always bothers me. When some folks get bullied they would be told that it's their fault for " looking like a bitch" It's victim blaming and it's disgusting.

I can't speak on everyone's community but I am see tons of hateful human beings that take joy from the suffering of others. Their personality can infect a person's creativity and personality.

Back