News Vicente Luque vs Randy Brown UFC Portland (Apr 11th)

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.fightsports.tv/esparza-waterson-luque-brown-added-to-ufc-portland/

Randy Brown (12-3) is looking for his third win in a row. The 29-year-old last fought back in 2019, beating Warley Alves via submission. He is 3-1 in his last four fights. Brown faces a multiple-time “Performance of the Night” winner in Luque (17-7-1), who is coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Stephen Thompson back in November at UFC 244. Prior to that, Luque was on a six-fight win streak. He is 10-2 in his last twelve fights.

-----------

I'm a huge Luque fan. Was disappointed with his performance against Wonderboy. He looked slow and unprepared for Wonderboy's style. Granted, WB makes alot of fighters look bad.

I'm surprised he got matched up and accepted a fight with Brown. A win does nothing for him and a loss is crushing. I think he should beat him though. If we go by MMMath, Brown was finished by Niko Price and Belal Muhammad, two guys Luque destroyed.
That aside, I think Luque can beat anyone who doesn't have elite footwork and evasion/defense like Thompson.

Should be a good fight.

Luque is my boy but he needs to stop taking so much punishment. That last beating was baaaaad. If you're a Luque fan that must've been pretty hard to watch

Brown has looked good since he got KO'd by Niko Price. He used his lenght and footwork to play the matador against Barberena. Can he do the same against Luque? I could see him trying to emulate Wonderboy to a degree. This fight is gonna be his hardest test yet.

Last edited:
Was disappointed with Luque’s performance against Wonderboy??
The man is a plodding brawler, which is exactly what a karate style like Wonderboy’s is made for.
Seeing how Brown looked in his last fight, I could see him recreating the same game plan and winning.

If Luque decides to use his jiu jitsu I see him finishing quick
But I don´t believe he will... So we are up to another stand up war, Randy is a dangerous guy on his feet
Luque by UD still

Shit matchmaking

Massive step back for Luque

Should be fighting someone ranked

I love this guy

Just hope he doesn't end up ruining his career with these wars. That man is flying under the radar, a smart, technical performance against Brown could be good for his mental health, which hopefully would contribute to his physical health.

Shit matchmaking

Massive step back for Luque

Should be fighting someone ranked

Gotta agree I do like both men but think Luque should be moving towards those fights that actually get him into the sacred circle. Luque should have this fight Randy is very athletic and strong but his fight IQ is stuck on imbecile level...

Luque looked great in the Wonderboy fight IMO. Wonderboy was forced to fight and engage in a war, when he's danced on good aggressive fighters.

Luque should take this, he pours on so much damage and Brown doesn't have the footwork to evade like wonderboy did

I'd like to see Luque win but Brown by upset due to momentum.

Back