Vibrams for boxing?

Which model do you recommend?
Thanks!

If you are a professional, they make (or used to make) a pair for boxing if you called directly.

I would go to a store and try on a bunch of different pairs and see which ones feel the best for your foot. Personally, if i wanted a pair I would get the lace ups instead of the slip on and velcro. Sadly, they don't fit my feet well.

Thanks nomilk, then you think that would be a good choice for boxing shoes?
Im not a pro at all, just enthusiast :icon_lol:

I have the velcros and they fit fine. They're supposed to fit weird to stabalize the feet and work on those tiny bones and joints. Your whole life you're wearing padded shoes, sometimes with gel insoles and ect. It'd be weird if they DIDN'T fit weird at first.

First day i got a pair, I ran 5 miles. Don't do this, I ended up with blisters and a world of pain. Start with only a mile, max.

I have the KSOs I use them for Running, Hiking and lifting. but cant imagine using them for boxing. For the price, you could get a sweet pair of nike boxing boots.

Thanks golden, besides for running, you recommend them for sparring too right? I was planning on using them for sparring mainly.

How about the Komodo LS model?

A couple guys I know wear either Vibrams or some other form of minimalist shoe for sparring, I think they look incredibly retarded so I don't wear them. They seem to like them a lot though.

I am obviously an incredibly vein person, that is why I won't try them.

The vibrams KMD Komodo shoe is the best since its designed for lateral movement

The vibrams KMD Komodo shoe is the best since its designed for lateral movement

How are those for pivots and turning on the balls of your feet for hooks, uppercuts?

I'm new and training in running shoes on a very grippy surface and it's killing my knees when I hook.

From my limited experience boxing in running shoes are a pain because of too much traction. I think I'm going to go the gym today in basketball shoes because I don't have boxing shoes yet.

A couple guys I know wear either Vibrams or some other form of minimalist shoe for sparring, I think they look incredibly retarded so I don't wear them. They seem to like them a lot though.

I am obviously an incredibly vein person, that is why I won't try them.
hehe, which ones do you use?

I just use boxing boots... I never got into the gorilla foot look.

It looks good on me imo. I've never boxed with them on, but I really wish I could try to one day.

I have the velcros and they fit fine. They're supposed to fit weird to stabalize the feet and work on those tiny bones and joints. Your whole life you're wearing padded shoes, sometimes with gel insoles and ect. It'd be weird if they DIDN'T fit weird at first.

First day i got a pair, I ran 5 miles. Don't do this, I ended up with blisters and a world of pain. Start with only a mile, max.

I had a pair, then I returned them and bought a bag of socks and spray on rubber. Hah, I made the same running mistake, but my feet were sore for a week.

How are those for pivots and turning on the balls of your feet for hooks, uppercuts?

I'm new and training in running shoes on a very grippy surface and it's killing my knees when I hook.

From my limited experience boxing in running shoes are a pain because of too much traction. I think I'm going to go the gym today in basketball shoes because I don't have boxing shoes yet.
sorry

i cant tell you since I only own a pair of bilkas for running.... all i know is the KMD are designed more for cross training/ GYM/ Cross fit

Been thinking of trying the tabi boot myself, like my boy Daiki Kameda.

tumblr_lj12y99no51qc0z0ao1_400.jpg

Yeah, their website says to only do 5-10 minute walks at most fir the first little bit and gradually do more from there.

Back