Vettori the New

I see him as a new Bisping rather than a new Weidman
I’d agree with that. People look at his physique and assume he has not had tank. I actually think his gas tank is one of his strengths. And I don’t think he has a particularly strong skill set either way. Just generally well rounded.

Who actually said that first? Seems like a Colby nick but heard i Till say it too? Either way it works perfect for Marvin. haha
Man i never heard it before but its one of those aka's that are too obvious for u to be the only one who thought of it, so i cant copyright claim lol

Man i never heard it before but its one of those aka's that are too obvious for u to be the only one who thought of it, so i cant copyright claim lol
I heard Till say it but he said something like Adalasagna. lol I can't remember where i heard him say it tho. lol Hope if Marvin gets the fight he runs with it.

I see him as a new Bisping rather than a new Weidman

I’d agree with that. People look at his physique and assume he has not had tank. I actually think his gas tank is one of his strengths. And I don’t think he has a particularly strong skill set either way. Just generally well rounded.
The Weidman comparison is a bit odd. Bisping is much more comparable. just two hard working dudes that may not really have that one thing! you know..

Chris Weidman was beating up a bunch of old guys. Relax.
This narrative does Weidman a tremendous disservice. He's one of the greatest MMA wrestlers of all-time, and we all saw him dominate Anderson, twice. DC didn't dominate Anderson. Adesanya didn't dominate Anderson. Weidman never had the best cardio but prior to his chin going he was as good as they come.

The Weidman comparison is a bit odd. Bisping is much more comparable. just two hard working dudes that may not really have that one thing! you know..
Neither are perfect but Weidman is closer IMO, simply because of the grappling. Bisping never had that. Weidman's wrestling is as good as it gets so while Vettori isn't quite at that level, he's still pretty damn good. What separates him from Weidman now is chin.

Vettori loses handily to Adesanya the second time around, gets outclassed by Whittaker and probably loses to Costa as well.

He is the new white hope but he is too angry for no reason.

Neither are perfect but Weidman is closer IMO, simply because of the grappling. Bisping never had that. Weidman's wrestling is as good as it gets so while Vettori isn't quite at that level, he's still pretty damn good. What separates him from Weidman now is chin.
It's kinda crazy how good Bisping was at using the cage to get back up when being held down. A bit of an underrated skill there.imho

edit: Plus a feel that i have always viewed vettori always as a striker but he has definitely learned how to adapt to MMA and win MMA fights using grappling he has way more subs that KO's..

You are gonna sit here and discredit the wins of former champ Whitaker who just beat Till and Cannonier but praise Vettori for a late notice Holland and Hermansson?
Equally dangerous guys imo

It's kinda crazy how good Bisping was at using the cage to get back up when being held down. A bit of an underrated skill there.imho

edit: Plus a feel that i have always viewed vettori always as a striker but he has definitely learned how to adapt to MMA and win MMA fights using grappling he has way more subs that KO's..
Pings wrestling or tdd impressed me in his Chael fight. Top notch versous a roided Sonnen.

Equally dangerous guys imo
I mean everyone is welcomed to their opinion but at no point have Vettori's wins been higher ranked than Whittaker's, so for him to attack whittakers strength of schedule is a little ridiculous.

I mean everyone is welcomed to their opinion but at no point have Vettori's wins been higher ranked than Whittaker's, so for him to attack whittakers strength of schedule is a little ridiculous.
Atm despite his loss i agree whittakers last 3 outweigh Vettoris but im more interested in how their next few look as I dont think the Till and Holland wins will age well

Back