Media Vettori comments on Stylebender post

ScholarlyUnitedHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

Is the image in the OP not working for anyone else? Just me?

I'm a fan of Izzy inside the octagon, but his online presence seems weird at best. Obviously a decorated champion, but not sure why he spends so much time looking in the rearview. Whittaker will dethrone him if he isn't careful. Let Costa and Vettori sort themselves out and worry about the task at hand. Losing to Jan was fine since he could fall back on his MW belt. Lose that and it's another uphill climb.

I'm a fan of Izzy inside the octagon, but his online presence seems weird at best. Obviously a decorated champion, but not sure why he spends so much time looking in the rearview. Whittaker will dethrone him if he isn't careful. Let Costa and Vettori sort themselves out and worry about the task at hand. Losing to Jan was fine since he could fall back on his MW belt. Lose that and it's another uphill climb.
Nope

I think Izzy is a super skilled fighter but I don’t think you can ever be a true master unless you take risks. I think if he took more risks during the Jan fight he could have won.

He does realize he lost though he said in an interview that he knows he lost and also what he is reacting to and calling delusional?

I think Izzy is a super skilled fighter but I don’t think you can ever be a true master unless you take risks. I think if he took more risks during the Jan fight he could have won.

I will agree with the Jan assessment. Might be in the minority with that but I do feel in that particular fight had he taken a few more risk things could have been different. Izzy has a very diverse and impressive array of strikes when he decides to open up. He just hasn’t in the last few fights. In his defense he is constantly fighting guys that outweigh him so that might factor into it.

Back