Very strong correlation between diet and striking power

*EDIT*

Ah, shit, his last post is conciliatory. That's too bad for all you guys because the original of this post was GREAT.

Gung, no hard feelings. You just got bombarded by a few people who don't agree with your way of evaluating things. I think a lot of us here have open minds (some much more than others) and are open to possibilites. In my experience, and some others on this board there is a fine line between what is true and what can be tested. IMO, the VAST majority of things that are true can be tested. So, to convince me that something is true when evidence says it isn't is a very hard job. This is because life has almost an infinite amout of variables, so IMO to get at the truth things need to be reduced.

So, to end this rant and babbling I think it takes a great amount of courage to say what you said, as I don't even think I would ever say that myself. I think if you keep an open mind, and choose to take from here the good things and maybe leave behind some misconcieved notions you'll end up better and smarter. Good luck.

nice to see your not being a child about things because they didn't conform to your ideas and willing to learn

Good attitude, it'll get you far in life

gungfudisciple said:
A light easily digestible diet results in much clearer neural passages so that the mind/body connection is enhanced. This is why dairy, red meat, most white meats, processed grains and sugars must be avoided. I have tried striking workouts after eating tofu and steamed vegetables, versus several big macs, fries, shake and soda pop.

I could barely snap my kicks and punches, and my knees and elbows were frozen after the fast food. Omn the light diet day, I pepper the bag with swift kicks, punches and everything. I think this 100%, but off course this is just my opinion I welcome your answers.
Wtf, no way. How later after eating did you work out? I eat corned beef hash, baked potatoes and heavy sour cream, or homade cheeseburgers with fries and mayo. (I'm on the carnal salvation diet and exercise program.) I go at the heavy bag for cardio, and I'm still fast as mongoose.

I think there is defintely a roll for meditation in martial arts. I'm not very experienced but I've thought about it alot.

When you start out, you have to think about doing every new physical thing your learn. I have to think, ok I'm gonna kick this guy thats attacking me in the nuts. He's coming at me this fast so I need to kick NOW! I equate this with being in the TV thats showing a MMA fight.

When you've gained some experience and practice and techniques, the old stuff starts to come automatic especially if you've been doing alot of sparing/rolling. Instead of just having to think about it, you will see the guy rushing your and your mind/body will have a tendency to go with what work and what you've practice. WOOMF! Nut shot. Most of this is going on in the background, especially if you were to get into a fight or flight situation in a real life .. life or death fight. In fact I imagine its hard to find a middle ground where its not completely automatic and fast OR completely thought out and slow.

When its on autopilot its fast and its like watching the MMA fight on the tv, or your trying to overcontrol everything and pop into the tv and everythings slow.

Finally when you gain what might be called a mastery of your combat system.....you outside the TV watching and MMA fight but you have a X-box controller in you hands and you removed enough that stuff happens fast and automatic but your in controll enough to make second to second strategic decisions on what to use.

I think where meditation might come in is simply getting you comfortable with these types of mental states. Especially visualization/meditation techniques where your imagining yourself doing your techniques, in a fight, etc.

Obviously this is a simplified model, but this is how I "think" it might play out.

Back