Very strong correlation between diet and striking power

gungfudisciple

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A light easily digestible diet results in much clearer neural passages so that the mind/body connection is enhanced. This is why dairy, red meat, most white meats, processed grains and sugars must be avoided. I have tried striking workouts after eating tofu and steamed vegetables, versus several big macs, fries, shake and soda pop.

I could barely snap my kicks and punches, and my knees and elbows were frozen after the fast food. Omn the light diet day, I pepper the bag with swift kicks, punches and everything. I think this 100%, but off course this is just my opinion I welcome your answers.

what you are feeling is the different digestive responses to calorie loads of your meals.

if you eat a big mac and large fries abviously this has a huge calorie load. Same as your tofu and vegies would have a low cal load. The higher cal meal will make you slower temporairly because it takes alot of energy to digest all those cal. Where as the low cal meal puts little to no stress at all on the digestive trackt causing little to no energy loss.

Bottom line, plan your meals around this. before a workout eat a low cal meal. any time you have a huge rest period eat a good filling meal. Also you may want to cut the tofu for some real protien like turkey or fish (if alergic lean chicken breast). i've heard nothing but bad things about that pretend food tofu.

yea if you eat some of the stuff you mentiond pre workout you might feel a little sluggish, but i can think of 5 friends of the top of my head who eat like utter shit and still punch hard as fucking hell

yeh after eating several big macs, fries, shake and soda im not surprised you couldn't move fast.

yomon said:
what you are feeling is the different digestive responses to calorie loads of your meals.

if you eat a big mac and large fries abviously this has a huge calorie load. Same as your tofu and vegies would have a low cal load. The higher cal meal will make you slower temporairly because it takes alot of energy to digest all those cal. Where as the low cal meal puts little to no stress at all on the digestive trackt causing little to no energy loss.

What if you give your body a complete rest from such high calorie loads? All that energy your body wastes day after day of dealing with the huge amounts of sticky, fatty, meaty food...clogging your veins and neurons day by day. Give your digestive tract a break, and your body will use the energy you save wisely my friend.

did you try eating some type of meat or dairy that wasn't fast food?

SteveX said:
did you try eating some type of meat or dairy that wasn't fast food?

This is same question that popped into my head. Comparing eating turds to McDonalds is probably gonna have some people thinking turds are some kind of superfood.

I think a better comparison would be tofu and steamed vegetables and comparing it with a meal where the tofu is replaced by chicken or lean red meat with possibly the addition of some sort of additional carb source like fruit or whole wheat something or other.

And I don't think meat gets clogged in my neurons, but I might just be special.

gungfudisciple said:
What if you give your body a complete rest from such high calorie loads? All that energy your body wastes day after day of dealing with the huge amounts of sticky, fatty, meaty food...clogging your veins and neurons day by day. Give your digestive tract a break, and your body will use the energy you save wisely my friend.

thats the point.

eat only raw or natural foods and you won't wast so much energy digesting. i'm not sure where you got this blocking your nerons from, but more acuratly you can say that the energy is not being used properly in the first place. Your bodies spending all it's energy trying to detoxify and digest unatural substances, so much so, that you are left with little left to function on.

it has very little to do with actualy blocking the nerological pathways, but ineficient use of resources.

I would never eat anything like fast food before training. Its so bad for you and full of crap and grease that you feel like shit for thge rest of the day.
And if you don't mind me saying, comparing McDonalds with tofu etc seems a bit retarded because they're not even prepared the same way and using the McDonalds meal as a test case for against the ingestion of meat is just plain silly.
I'd be like me comparing a grilled burger and rice to deep fried mars bar and veg.

gungfudisciple said:
A light easily digestible diet results in much clearer neural passages so that the mind/body connection is enhanced. This is why dairy, red meat, most white meats, processed grains and sugars must be avoided. I have tried striking workouts after eating tofu and steamed vegetables, versus several big macs, fries, shake and soda pop.

I could barely snap my kicks and punches, and my knees and elbows were frozen after the fast food. Omn the light diet day, I pepper the bag with swift kicks, punches and everything. I think this 100%, but off course this is just my opinion I welcome your answers.

I agree somewhat.

I have one question. Why on earth would a guy with some obvious knowledge of food and metabolic function do a comparison including McDonalds?

The point you make is known also as "common sense". Except for the tofu part, thats just tom foolery.

Ultrashogun said:
Please explain the "clogging" of neurons.

It comes to me from intuitive knowlege I gather and record during meditation. Its very hard to understand, one must understand lateral thinking and be in touch with their bodily energy, or chi.

spare us the feng shui bullshit.

and about the original post, if you compared eating dirt and grass to eating a big mac and a milkshake and then working out after, you'd probably have the same results.

gungfudisciple said:
It comes to me from intuitive knowlege I gather and record during meditation. Its very hard to understand, one must understand lateral thinking and be in touch with their bodily energy, or chi.

Stay away from any topics in the OT section.

Dude, I clicked on this thread overjoyed anticipating some study being linked.

I feel jipped.

Yeah, my meditation and lefward right side thinking makes me come to the conclusion that at least 95% of this is placebo. Confucious say, "Those who think McDonalds makes them slow, become slow." I think it was in the same book he said "Any man can shit, only wise man flush."

If you guys think that food you eat an hour to 1/2 an hour will effect your punching speed you need to meditate less, think less, and just punch. I would agree FOOD in your stomach, and the amount would matter, but what food? Please. Put down your feng shui books and learn physiology that will tell you that a french fry from Mc. Donalds cannot be digested and absorbed and transfered to your tricep which it will inhibit contraction all within 2 hours.

Rjkd12 said:
Yeah, my meditation and lefward right side thinking makes me come to the conclusion that at least 95% of this is placebo. Confucious say, "Those who think McDonalds makes them slow, become slow." I think it was in the same book he said "Any man can shit, only wise man flush."

If you guys think that food you eat an hour to 1/2 an hour will effect your punching speed you need to meditate less, think less, and just punch. I would agree FOOD in your stomach, and the amount would matter, but what food? Please. Put down your feng shui books and learn physiology that will tell you that a french fry from Mc. Donalds cannot be digested and absorbed and transfered to your tricep which it will inhibit contraction all within 2 hours.
LMFAO

lol yeah that was good. brightened my day a little

gungfudisciple said:
We mock what we dont understand.

Without really meaning to offend I have to say that I've seen guys like you in a lot of combat sports. As the sport matures, a 'sport' mentality starts to rule and the chi flow, nearly religious b.s. thought process tends to disappear.

Bascily when a sport is being competed at on a low level, all kinds of mentalities can still be competitive as the sport itself has not matured. As the level of competition increases, the level of mysticism tends to decrease. I saw it happen similairly in Olympic TaeKwonDo as the tradionalists faded away from being capable of competing in high level competition.

From your screen name I'm assuming a similair instance with the 'gung fu disciple'. I've never seen a die-hard KungFu type be able to hang with competitors who train for sport.

Now, when you mix scientific terms of 'correlation, neurons, etc.' with your scientific process of "intutive knowledge and meditation" you truly get your own brand of b.s. :icon_idea

As to 'digestive energies' being lost, whole foods should actually take more energy to digest. An extremely complex, unrefined carb like oatmeal or brown rice will take more action from the body to digest than the more refined white breads and sugars in more processed foods actually.

Moreover, translating a pre-fight meal into a long-term nutrition plan is also not a good plan as the requirements differ. Dairy, red meats, and white meat are all good nutrition sources. The very fact that you think that red meat equals McDonalds shows you don't know what you are talking about. Come to think of it, I seem to remember that some of the 'burgers' from McDonalds are actually soy products (or at least were a few years ago when I read the study).

I can't tell you strongly enough how much your pseudo-science mysticism cr@p annoys me.

Back