Rumored "Famous Irish Sports Star" under investigation - sexual assaults (MEGA THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely off the rails. I start to feel sorry for him, and then I remember him parading around in that purple suit directly following the rape inquiry. Just ugly all around.

BIG NEWS in a newspaper in Ireland today - the star newspaper (not online so no link) has an article saying that the Irish police is making a recommendation to the prosecution service (DPP) that a case be brought forward and charges made against the alleged for the rape case in December

so the likelihood of a court case happening just went up A LOT

Doesn't look good for the sex fiend??

you never know how these things will go with the DPP.

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes on whether the victim is prepared to testify etc.

hopefully it will make it to court.

My understanding is members of the management team are in Dublin, supporting the alleged as this prepares to hit. They are also advising other Irish clients how to deal with the incoming shit storm.

My understanding is members of the management team are in Dublin, supporting the alleged as this prepares to hit. They are also advising other Irish clients how to deal with the incoming shit storm.
What have you heard?Is shit storm coming soon?

this may not "hit" for a while yet as the DPP makes up its mind to go fwd with a case or not. even if a case was approved a court date would be a long way off.

what do you mean by "other Irish clients" - members of the goon gang who were at the hotel also that night?

Who is familiar enough with Irish law to answer that question: Is the DPP obligated to start an indictment even if the victim does not press charges? In Germany e.g. a felony must be indicted even if the victim is not willing to testify or press charges. Even if the victim is testifying for the defense her statement could easily be dismissed by the court as non-credible when she made a different statement earlier. Is that the case in Ireland as well? Of course my question is trying to address the matter of Conor buying himself off.

Who is familiar enough with Irish law to answer that question: Is the DPP obligated to start an indictment even if the victim does not press charges? In Germany e.g. a felony must be indicted even if the victim is not willing to testify or press charges. Even if the victim is testifying for the defense her statement could easily be dismissed by the court as non-credible when she made a different statement earlier. Is that the case in Ireland as well? Of course my question is trying to address the matter of Conor buying himself off.

the DPP are not "obligated" but they can decide to go fwd with a case if they think that justice should be served and have a good chance of winning it. they have the official statement from the victim without which there could not be a case, although it's not known obviously what was alleged in that.

there is no "pressing charges" in Ireland. The closest to that would be making the official statement.

if the victim decided not to testify she could be treated as a "hostile witness" and summoned by subpoena. however, this is not desirable in a rape case as victim testimony is seen as a crucial element as in many cases it's a "he said, she said" situation.

Sooo funny.Just had John Kavanagh on Late Late show here in Ireland being interviewed tonight about him and McGregor and their future and nothing about what’s going on about the rape.This Country’s laws are mad

Story waiting on moderator approval.A file has been sent to DPP over the assault in Dublin pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back