Very interesting news on the state of Viacom

This whole discussion is just stupid. Viacom stock prices are in NO WAY related to Bellator and their freak show fights. In case everyone here is too young to understand, the entire stock market has been tanking for a while. It’s just the way it goes. Bellator is a VERY small part of Viacom and it’s doubtful it even has much effect on their bottom line, and zero impact on stock prices.

I'm just going to quote this so some other people see it. So many dumb dumbs...

This is in the wrong forum anyways so I'm just going to post something more entertaining

Liddell/Wand/Lesnar VS Rumble/Igor/Kerr Tag Team? Who wins this?

TEAM 1:

Chuck-Liddell-5.jpg

Wanderlei-Silva-ficou-famoso-por-seus-pis%C3%B5es-e-tiros-de-meta-no-Pride-Foto-Marcelo-Alonso.jpg

byz81v0ixm1pq3ion.jpg

Currently, not much of a fight, two guys with shot Chins and a guy who turtles up when he gets hit vs two of the hardest punchers ever and a fat washed up former stud. (Sorry but Kerr is beyond useless in a fight now)

Leave Kerr on the sidelines and let rumble or Igor decide who wants to KO whoever dares step in the cage from team A.

Everyone in their prime I still take team B

Viacom is an enormous company. Bellator will neither sink it nor save it. This has nothing to do with them putting on freak show fights. That's for Bellator's bottom line.

just one counter example:
would love to see this guy facing ufc competition, ufc has the better roster but bellator has quite a few good fighters

just one counter example:
would love to see this guy facing ufc competition, ufc has the better roster but bellator has quite a few good fighters

Mma fans are horrible. Pride fighters sucked, Strikeforce,wec, bellator all shit to these guys.
They have no eye for talent which means I don't think they know what their watching. They have to be told who are the best.

Like the idea of Jacare not being able to hang in the ufc.( I could write a paragraph of fighters) People thought this and will continue to think.

These same guys, if NBA fans would think Jordan while playing for the wizards had his hype train derailed and was never any good.

Viacom is an enormous company. Bellator will neither sink it nor save it. This has nothing to do with them putting on freak show fights. That's for Bellator's bottom line.
This. But i wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bellator for sale if they fall below profitability and/or Viacom decides to streamline their product. Also, Coker would have to make one hell of a PowerPoint if they want to convince the higher ups that they need more money to sign fighters.

Mma fans are horrible. Pride fighters sucked, Strikeforce,wec, bellator all shit to these guys.
They have no eye for talent which means I don't think they know what their watching. They have to be told who are the best.

Like the idea of Jacare not being able to hang in the ufc.( I could write a paragraph of fighters) People thought this and will continue to think.

These same guys, if NBA fans would think Jordan while playing for the wizards had his hype train derailed and was never any good.

Other sports fans are fucking awful, even worse than MMA imo. I usually stick to NFL and international soccer, but their model of the road fans would give the worst mma fans a run for their money.

Bullshit. Best fighters does not mean best champions. 2 different questions. With your rationale, Bellator can have the top 9 fighters in any class in all general/global rankings, but if UFC had the best champ, they would have the "best fighters". You can see that doesn't make sense. That's your rationale.

That doesn't mean a whole lot when most of UFC's top 3 are miles ahead of that relative UFC division. It says a lot about those specific top 2-3. It doesn't speak on UFC's roster other than the rest of the roster is miles behind. As far as UFC's top 3 (not counting the champ since they aren't #1 within UFC rankings), I can see Will Brooks beating Alvarez and Pettis. The rest of the UFC LW doesnt have much for RDA and Khabib as it is, though the LW top 10 are savages. I can also see Liam beating Gustaffson and Glover.

If UFC has the best top3 in each division they have the best fighters in the world. Liam is unproven. Brooks is slightly more proven but really hasn't fought any top guys.

I think bellator putting freakshows on is just Coker trying to make bellator pull its on weight and stabilize. I'm sure most of them will get phased one when Coker makes enough benson like signing and builds decent names in bellator.

I also feel that bellator will be here for a while. I can't pinpoint an exact source, but I've read that tv/ movie content is on the decline, while live sport content in general is on the up and up. People just want to watch sports.

Bellator is a bit more important to Viacom than some people would like to think. I want to believe when Coker says the bendo signing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not a huge deal at all Viacom drops every few years but always gains back plus what they lost.

Check ur 401K lately? Thanks to the Obama admin every damn stock has dropped lately.

Other sports fans are fucking awful, even worse than MMA imo. I usually stick to NFL and international soccer, but their model of the road fans would give the worst mma fans a run for their money.

I'm from Nebraska and we have husker football. That is all... I appreciate entertaining fighters. Humble, Arrogant even skinny jeans do not matter to me in the fight game.

maybe they will sell bellator in the coming year and the UFC will reach their goal of becoming a NH/'MLB/NBA level organiztion.

fighter union before please
UFC can't buy them while the lawsuit is ongoing.

Freak show fight sell.

Kimbo vs Brock would sell 1million +

The internet is destroying the need for media giants. I even dropped Netflix and Hulu as I found a site that has almost every movie ever made as well as TV series (old and new) in either 380p, 720p, and 1080p. I simply get cast it. Fuck these companies. They've screwed us over for too long.
Please share. I'm paying for both :/

i honestly doubt bellator is a large enough part of viacom to really make much of a difference on its bottom line.
I think that's the important point here. People seem to love Scott Coker and the dumb fights he puts on but not me. He has no long term planning ability and it's only a matter of time before Bellator is only a dog and pony show.

Back