Very interesting details on Dustin/Conor fight...

Much better.

Man Poirer got stooged in the first fight. If it's true they are basically stacking the contract so that people won't wrestle with Conor haha. I know Dustin is chasing the money which is smart because who cares about the belt really with Khabib going out on top, but I really hope he wins now. I almost wish he could have said no and just ruined Mcgregor ever being a legit threat to the belt.

I hope Poirer wrestles him for 5 rounds and make him tap in the 5th again.
Dustin has 1 submission win in 10 years and that was vs Brookins. A lot can happen but I doubt he will wrestle heavy or sub McGregor

Dustin has 1 submission win in 10 years and that was vs Brookins. A lot can happen but I doubt he will wrestle heavy or sub McGregor

I agree. I hope Poirer does though because the leg kick surely won't be there again. Mixing in takedowns would be a great way to shut Conor down and take away that power and timing. Conor will give up the sub if you let him and I say that as someone who still thinks he is a great fighter who just got too comfortable after making millions.

It’s not that interesting at all. I’m a fight fan, not a fighter financial fan. Get real.

Porier would/ve knocked conor the fuck out regardless

This could affect a fighter's gameplan by causing him to take risks.

I guess it's good for Poirier if the upcoming fight will be his biggest payday.

Dustin should be the A side in the rubber match. Fook McG.

The cardio thing is massively overblown. He doesn’t lose all fighting ability after 8 minutes. Hasn’t gassed out badly in years
That's what I noticed too. So many people call out his bad cardio but have no evidence to support their claim.

Much better.

Man Poirer got stooged in the first fight. If it's true they are basically stacking the contract so that people won't wrestle with Conor haha. I know Dustin is chasing the money which is smart because who cares about the belt really with Khabib going out on top, but I really hope he wins now. I almost wish he could have said no and just ruined Mcgregor ever being a legit threat to the belt.

I hope Poirer wrestles him for 5 rounds and make him tap in the 5th again.
Poirier is not able to beat conor with wrestling this is just bullshits..then this way of make contracts is pretty weird if not suspicious..

Poirier is not able to beat conor with wrestling this is just bullshits..then this way of make contracts is pretty weird if not suspicious..

I said I hope. Though I did accidently write again on the end.

So for some cliffs:
- Dustin had no back-end ppv points on first fight
- Had an automatic rematch clause if he were to beat Conor
- In order to get the big payday and backend PPV points on automatic rematch he had to knock Conor out in the first fight.
- He didn't confirm if there were tiers to what the payout would be based on KO, submission, or decision.
Does this dude mention his sources?
The automatic clause seems a bit off since Dana said Dustin was offered the Oli fight for the belt.

Thanks for the cliffs!

Conor will take the fight seriously this time and KO Dustin in the first round.
Conor is definitely taking this seriously, I think this IG posting is BS and he is just making out he is bumming around.

If I am wrong, and he is not taking this serious then he is finished and good riddance

I sat through that garbage and can give cliff
  • DP stands to make big money in the rematch due to back end clause
  • Clause only activated if he knocked Conor out

Interesting if true. I really doubt he only made $1.5 million in last fight though. He probably got paid more.

Well he is about to become ultra rich in this Trilogy fight for sure though

Sherdoggers check this out. Hopefully this has not been posted before.

Basically, Dustin had to win the last fight by TKO to get any back end (PPV) for the next fight. Apparently, Dustin did not get PPV and probably maid 1.5 million on the last fight.

Obviously, he stands to make a lot more money on their 3rd fight.

""

super strange!

You think this was this meant to demean him and alter his confidence, or ultra motivate him?
Are any other contracts like this?

Edit:
Wait, this is just some unverified guy? Not Dustin? Lol

Very odd if true. Thanks again.
It actually seems pretty shady if true, basically offering a much larger payout if Dustin was to keep it standing and get the KO. He'd have to play into Conor's strengths. But then again I think I saw a thread the other day about fighters saying the reported money in the contracts doesn't tell the whole story of fighter pay, so who knows maybe there is some validity to it.

It actually seems pretty shady if true, basically offering a much larger payout if Dustin was to keep it standing and get the KO. He'd have to play into Conor's strengths. But then again I think I saw a thread the other day about fighters saying the reported money in the contracts doesn't tell the whole story of fighter pay, so who knows maybe there is some validity to it.
If it's true, it'll open a whole new issue for the company. That's a bunch of problems the UFC could be facing.

Back