VERY interesting article about the HPV vaccine

The pitch “earlier vaccination for HPV” is meant to increase maximize effectiveness of the drug/vaccine.

Is it about how clicking those links will permanently affect your online ad experience?

i lost a ton of faith in the medical industry and scientists when i watched a documentary on how the profit factor changed the pharmaceutical industry radically believe it or not with Listerine.

Medicine was always seen as reactive. You get sick, you go get a fix or cure. But of course only a small percent of the population got sick. Then came along Listerine with a brilliant marketing plan. It was to treat the POTENTIAL of bad breath before it happened. 'Preventative' and EVERYONE needed to prevent the bad breath monsters. It was one of the first Billion dollar products for Big Pharma.

From that point on the entire focus changed. How can we make all meds preventative? And thus get EVERYONE on therm sick or not. The biggest win was high blood pressure medicines. You had a certain percent of people on them who had high blood pressure but what if the science said 'people at risk' need to get on and that number was much lower than what was considered 'sick' or 'at risk' prior?

They showed all sorts of exposed internal documents where Big Pharma had all the profits mapped out. If they could get the high blood pressure 'risk' number reduced by 5%, 10%, 15% then here was the correlating profit as more people were forced on Meds by their doctors. Of those people % would have negative correlating reactions and need another Med and here was the profit on that. Over night they got the blood pressure numbers lowered and a whole wave of 'not sick yet' people were put on blood pressure meds.

At the end of the documentary they showed the big Pharma was lobbying to again lower that number which would mean more people on meds and more record profits.

So ya. When I am healthy I am not jumping on the flu vaccine or any 'preventative' medicines. Sorry. I have become a skeptic and doubter of the need. I wish I did not feel that way but science has been bought.

Do you remember what the documentary was called?

I ask because I was just reading an article on "biohacking" where a guy was taking "preventative" Metformin and thyroid hormone, which as far as I'm aware are only currently prescribed after a diagnosis of high blood sugar or hypothyroidism, and no coaxing by Big Pharma was required.

High blood pressure is another condition that can wreak all kinds of havoc if left uncontrolled, and we know people are poorly compliant with their prescriptions. If hypertension meds for at-risk, undiagnosed men in their 40s, for example, were actually preventative (see also: statins), could this be a case where the profit motive actually converges with public health benefits?

Surprised there aren't more sherbros throwing pejoratives around itt. Guess the article is too poignant...

Cochrane just did a meta-analysis of almost all RCT trials on record with over 70.000 participants and they showed high evidence for the vaccine to work as a profylactic measure in 15-26 year old females. Also, they couldn't point to any proven adverse effects as both controls and vaccined had about a 7% rate of adverse effects. When you speak about deaths, can you link to the evidence? The meta analysis found 11/10.000 deaths in controls and 14/10.000 deaths in vaccined group without an established cause or link.

https://www.cochrane.org/news/does-...vical-cancer-are-there-harms-associated-being

It's true that they need longer follow ups to determine the efficacy in its entirety though, and it only protects from certain kinds of HPV cancer.

A few things. Cochrane only reviews existing studies, and often these studies are found to be of very low quality. Regarding adverse effects, the design of the studies is paramount and those funding these studies have an obvious incentive to minimize these outcomes which can be done prior to the initiation of the study, and sometimes after the study has begun. One example is setting short time frames for catching such incidents...

Then you have the unknowns surrounding research that was not published, often because it did not provide favorable results for those funding them, look up the file drawer effect. If I remember correctly there was a Ted talk on this topic which estimated around 50% of trials are NOT published. I know in my field (psychology), it is well known that pharma had to run numerous studies before they could "prove" anti depressant (i forget which one) was "effective."

Are unvaccinated children a danger to vaccinated children?

And if so, wtf is the point of vaccinating your child? Just so you can feel above the people who dont?

You don't get it, it's about saving all the immonocompromised kids, you savage. This is part of the social contract... /sarcasm

Shit is disgusting. Even worse are the common folks who will attack you for questioning this crap.

It really is fascinating from a psychological perspective, and fits closely with conditioned responding and cognitive dissonance. The responses and vitriol are shocking, and the vast majority of the time provaxxers have very little actual knowledge on the subject which can be very nuanced.

Do you remember what the documentary was called?

I ask because I was just reading an article on "biohacking" where a guy was taking "preventative" Metformin and thyroid hormone, which as far as I'm aware are only currently prescribed after a diagnosis of high blood sugar or hypothyroidism, and no coaxing by Big Pharma was required.

High blood pressure is another condition that can wreak all kinds of havoc if left uncontrolled, and we know people are poorly compliant with their prescriptions. If hypertension meds for at-risk, undiagnosed men in their 40s, for example, were actually preventative (see also: statins), could this be a case where the profit motive actually converges with public health benefits?
unfortunately no. I was on an airplane and always watch various business and documentaries when flying and I have googled searched trying to find that one with no luck.

i dont get vaccines dont want autism
A guy we do business with went into basically a coma about 14 months go. Healthy 45 year old with no priors. They had no idea and thought he would be a vegetable and never recover. He has to about 60%. At the end of the day the only working theory they have is an adverse reaction the Flu shot he got about 3 days prior. They have no other suspects.

A guy we do business with went into basically a coma about 14 months go. Healthy 45 year old with no priors. They had no idea and thought he would be a vegetable and never recover. He has to about 60%. At the end of the day the only working theory they have is an adverse reaction the Flu shot he got about 3 days prior. They have no other suspects.
But did he get the flu?

Mission accomplished.

Didn't a big shot CEO get throat cancer from eating HPV flavored pussy?

Back