Very impressed with Jacare

Could be really good.

Ya but what's the point?

No matter who wins, the chances are Anderson will find a number of ways to get out of having to fight either of them.

Then his fans will create thread after thread about how incredibly awesome Anderson is for doing so.

herman hasnt even fought any elite competition

edit : simpson belcher maia shields .

top wins are against glover in 2005 and loiseau in 2009

i mean cmon man, stop acting like herman is a one step win from a title fight.

Yeah, Jacare did what he was supposed to do to a fighter like Herman imo. It was a solid win because he dominated but I don't know what's up with all the "beating a guy like Herman" stuff like he's elite.

Yeah, Jacare did what he was supposed to do to a fighter like Herman imo. It was a solid win because he dominated but I don't know what's up with all the "beating a guy like Herman" stuff like he's elite.

I was thinking the same... did everyone forget Jason Macdonald and Maia both summarily tapped Herman? He's a tough middle of the pack dude but he's not exactly a litmus test for greatness in the UFC.

Literally in his last fight we saw Shields take Ed's back and out grapple him in his firs fight back at MW and took a relatively easy UD.

Jacare was massive last night at 194, he is most definitely a guy that suffers from the cut to 180 and looks a lot sharper without the cost to his body. He won't get that benefit next time.

Luke Rockhold definitely shut him down, I have a feeling that the seasoned kick boxers with cardio like Bisping could do the same. I don't think he's going to submit guy like Okami either.

People calling for Weidman are out of their mind. Weidman is well above his paygrade right now, he's at the top of the heap. Jacare is a big win, or two, away from what is essentially a title eliminator. He hasn't fought anybody yet.

Ya but what's the point?

No matter who wins, the chances are Anderson will find a number of ways to get out of having to fight either of them.

Then his fans will create thread after thread about how incredibly awesome Anderson is for doing so.

Your Anderson hate persists. Fucking lulz.

Yes! Imagine the ground exchanges.
I think Weidman is one of the few guys in the division who could make it interesting.

His last two performances have me convinced that he had a bad night against rockhold, I think he could win a rematch
I think he's improved since his loss, not to mention he hasn't been fighting elite competition.

I think the reason he lost to Rockhold was mainly his gameplan though. Iirc, he was just looking to land one big punch and didn't press the takedowns enough.
I'm all for Jacare, big fan, but why do people have all this build up for Herman? He's typically struggled against elite competition.

Its just that he got dominated in every facet of the fight. I agree though, he needs a fight against someone like Okami or Vitor to see where he's really at.

Your Anderson hate persists. Fucking lulz.

I guarantee at least half of his posts are him coming into a thread that doesn't even have anything to do with Anderson and some spinning it into an Anderson hate thread. He's got a gift for hate.

Wow, the Jacare hype is getting a tad ridiculous. He beat Ed Herman. Yeah, it was extremely impressive. But it was also Ed Herman. Fringe top 15 at best.

I was thinking the same... did everyone forget Jason Macdonald and Maia both summarily tapped Herman? He's a tough middle of the pack dude but he's not exactly a litmus test for greatness in the UFC.

Literally in his last fight we saw Shields take Ed's back and out grapple him in his firs fight back at MW and took a relatively easy UD.

Jacare was massive last night at 194, he is most definitely a guy that suffers from the cut to 180 and looks a lot sharper without the cost to his body. He won't get that benefit next time.

Luke Rockhold definitely shut him down, I have a feeling that the seasoned kick boxers with cardio like Bisping could do the same. I don't think he's going to submit guy like Okami either.

People calling for Weidman are out of their mind. Weidman is well above his paygrade right now, he's at the top of the heap. Jacare is a big win, or two, away from what is essentially a title eliminator. He hasn't fought anybody yet.

this is not true at all. Jacare said he only walks around at 195-200 before he even starts training. He barely cuts at all to make mw. He's actually smaller than a lot of ww's.

Jacare has wins over Derek Brunson, Tim Kennedy, Robbie Lawler, Alexander Schlmenko, Mayhem Miller and Ed Herman. He's also fought both Rockhold and Mousasi. How is that not fighting anyone?

Weidman's two best wins are over MUnoz and Maia. neither of whom are as good as Jacare and both of whom actually have worse resumes than Jacare.

It's pretty obvious you haven't seen jacare fight much. He wouldn't have to take Okami down because he's a far better striker than Okami

Jacare is a scary dude, that guy is immensely talented. His striking looked great this last outing, the way he cranked that submission was boss.

Jacare is one strong SOB, and his ground skills (jiu jitsu or MMA) are fiercely crafty.

His shortcomings are primarily that he's not exceptionally quick, and he doesn't consistently dictate the pace.

I'd presume him to do well in the UFC. Always been a fan. I don't believe his skillset will guarantee him a consistent presence amongst the Top 5, so far as rankings go. Most top level UFC fighters are very well prepped for his type.

Jacare is good but he has many holes. I think if Weidman beats him instant title shot. :icon_chee

this is not true at all. Jacare said he only walks around at 195-200 before he even starts training. He barely cuts at all to make mw. He's actually smaller than a lot of ww's.

Jacare has wins over Derek Brunson, Tim Kennedy, Robbie Lawler, Alexander Schlmenko, Mayhem Miller and Ed Herman. He's also fought both Rockhold and Mousasi. How is that not fighting anyone?

Weidman's two best wins are over MUnoz and Maia. neither of whom are as good as Jacare and both of whom actually have worse resumes than Jacare.

It's pretty obvious you haven't seen jacare fight much. He wouldn't have to take Okami down because he's a far better striker than Okami

I can believe Jacare or my lying eyes. He looked massive last night, noticeably larger than when he's at MW. If you want to say he didn't gas out fighting against Luke, go ahead, but it was plain to see he did and lost a clean cut UD because of it.

Munoz and Maia have had a much stronger strength of schedule, so I don't see your point. The best guy Jacare has faced is Luke who easily out pointed him and second to that Mousassi who knocked him out with an upkick of all things.

Robbie Lawler has been stopped by average guys - he's a slugger who couldn't hack it in the UFC. Entertaining at times, but considered by no one as a well rounded MMA fighter. Mayhem got embarrased badly in the UFC, fantastically stopped by Bisping (who doesn't stop elite guys) and easily beaten by the guy Amir Sadollah armbarred, twice. Lets real talk here dude.

Alan Belcher is a much better striker than Okami, how did that work out for him?

Jacare looks to be a decent challenge, but getting out pointed easily by Luke Rockhold, KO'd by Mousassi and having no other substantial wins on your entire record means you are unproven.

Unproven guys don't fight the #1 contender in the UFC, they fight someone commensurate with their standing in the division.

I can believe Jacare or my lying eyes. He looked massive last night, noticeably larger than when he's at MW. If you want to say he didn't gas out fighting against Luke, go ahead, but it was plain to see he did and lost a clean cut UD because of it.

Munoz and Maia have had a much stronger strength of schedule, so I don't see your point. The best guy Jacare has faced is Luke who easily out pointed him and second to that Mousassi who knocked him out with an upkick of all things.

Robbie Lawler has been stopped by average guys - he's a slugger who couldn't hack it in the UFC. Entertaining at times, but considered by no one as a well rounded MMA fighter. Mayhem got embarrased badly in the UFC, fantastically stopped by Bisping (who doesn't stop elite guys) and easily beaten by the guy Amir Sadollah armbarred, twice. Lets real talk here dude.

Alan Belcher is a much better striker than Okami, how did that work out for him?

Jacare looks to be a decent challenge, but getting out pointed easily by Luke Rockhold, KO'd by Mousassi and having no other substantial wins on your entire record means you are unproven.

Unproven guys don't fight the #1 contender in the UFC, they fight someone commensurate with their standing in the division.

You make a good points. But remember, Thales Leites, Maia, Cote and others have gotten title shots for less. I guess things are different now and Middleweight is getting much more competitive.

I at least think as a former Strikeforce champ, and with a competitve loss to Rockhold (who I believe is easily in the top 10, and will probably prove to go higher), Jacare should be two top fights away from a title shot.

Give Rockhold the Lombard/Okami winner and Jacare the winner of Stann/Wand and if Jacare can win that and another one after that, I think he'd have earned a shot.

You make a good points. But remember, Thales Leites, Maia, Cote and others have gotten title shots for less. I guess things are different now and Middleweight is getting much more competitive.

I at least think as a former Strikeforce champ, and with a competitve loss to Rockhold (who I believe is easily in the top 10, and will probably prove to go higher), Jacare should be two top fights away from a title shot.

Give Rockhold the Lombard/Okami winner and Jacare the winner of Stann/Wand and if Jacare can win that and another one after that, I think he'd have earned a shot.

You are right 'things are different' now.

Cote was on a 5 fight stretch in the UFC and that means something in any division. At that point in time it was enough, especially back when a win over Almeida was considered meaningful.

Maia got a title shot as a replacement, its moot.

I have no problem with your suggestion that Jacare is two fights from a title shot, but I am against (as some people have suggested) a fight with Weidman because that would essentially be a title eliminator.

]I can believe Jacare or my lying eyes. He looked massive last night, noticeably larger than when he's at MW. If you want to say he didn't gas out fighting against Luke, go ahead, but it was plain to see he did and lost a clean cut UD because of it.[/B]

lol I didn't know your eyes were able to clearly analyze a fighters body mass and weight them. I want some of those eyes

lol I didn't know your eyes were able to clearly analyze a fighters body mass and weight them. I want some of those eyes

It's a subjective opinion and nothing else, but this is the place where we give... wait for it... subjective opinions.

I don't know how many hundreds upon hundreds of hours I've spent the last decade watching MMA and fighters, but it's quite a bit in the aggregate. I don't think anyone would say it seems outrageous that Jacare looked "big" in his appearance at 194lbs, because its common sense. I forget which commentator made it a point to bring it up his appearance during the bout, but I'd guess many people thought the same.

Jacare looked awesome, I just wonder what will happen when he gets close to a titleshot, would Andy accept or not.

It's a subjective opinion and nothing else, but this is the place where we give... wait for it... subjective opinions.

I don't know how many hundreds upon hundreds of hours I've spent the last decade watching MMA and fighters, but it's quite a bit in the aggregate. I don't think anyone would say it seems outrageous that Jacare looked "big" in his appearance at 194lbs, because its common sense. I forget which commentator made it a point to bring it up his appearance during the bout, but I'd guess many people thought the same.

Jacare is 6'0" tall. To think he's 220 pounds would be crazy..

People seem to constantly think more defined muscles somehow equal a much higher weight. Herman is actually taller and larger than Jacare(he is the one who insisted on the catch weight) yet no one remarked on his size. All because he's not lean. You could see this when they were clinched up. Herman has a broader back and thicker frame yet everyone thought Jacare was larger because he has ripped biceps.

It's the exact same reason everyone thought Marquardt was a huge mw and could never cut to ww even though he's barely foot tall.

Not used to you being such a player-hater. What's your beef with Souza?

No beef. Great jitz, but people need to temper their expectations. He's been very up and down. I eagerly anticipate his debut there.

Back