Elections Very frustrated Andrew Yang calls out DeBlasio on schools not reopening

Why is the MSM including NYT, MSNBC, and Politico still doing smear pieces on him?

Is he controlled opposition - like Bernie Sanders?

BTW even rightwing political commentator Styxhexenhammer666 commented on the vid with: "Yang is insane but he's right with this one". lol instead of commenting about the topic all you do is smear another person on your side. Where is that energy when AOC and the Squad sell you out to Pelosi...hmmm.
They wanted Joe Rogan canceled for saying men shouldn't beat up women ffs.

Because it's irresponsible, reactionary, and based on a ton of conspiracies about corrupt scientists, power-hungry politicians, and cooked COVID stats. Across the globe, it's selfish, tiny-brained right wingers making big stinks about lockdowns infringing on their convenience.

This is the brain dead, anti-science take at this point. It's time to open.

This is the brain dead, anti-science take at this point. It's time to open.
It’s not like re-opening schools means no masks and a bunch of smelly kids breathing all over their teachers.

I guess he is so afraid of being affiliated with the right that even sensible things like not taking a year off of a child’s development via depriving them of education and socialization is apparently reactionary.

Why does everyone hate Yang again? I never followed the guy but he never came off as awful as everyone in this thread seems to think of him.

Yang seems like a nice-enough guy, and I don't think he's widely hated, but he does embody a kind of myth that someone with no policy knowledge or general economics training or anything can just, by virtue of "common sense," figure out exactly what needs to be done. Predictably, a lot of his ideas have been really bad, and also predictably, he's not reacted reasonably to having that pointed out.

Yang seems like a nice-enough guy, and I don't think he's widely hated, but he does embody a kind of myth that someone with no policy knowledge or general economics training or anything can just, by virtue of "common sense," figure out exactly what needs to be done. Predictably, a lot of his ideas have been really bad, and also predictably, he's not reacted reasonably to having that pointed out.
Yeah I never paid attention to him because his claim to fame was pushing UBI and that seems like a remnant from 2009-2010.

I don’t remember exactly what year he became popular but it must have been towards the end of the Obama years when unemployment was shrinking and we were due for a booming economy. Cant really say that automation is taking all the jobs when you’re under 5% unemployment.

Yeah I never paid attention to him because his claim to fame was pushing UBI and that seems like a remnant from 2009-2010.

I don’t remember exactly what year he became popular but it must have been towards the end of the Obama years when unemployment was shrinking and we were due for a booming economy. Cant really say that automation is taking all the jobs when you’re under 5% unemployment.

I didn't really know anything about him until his presidential run. I'd heard the name before, but that's it. I would have thought that UBI would have been a thing at the height of the recession rather than as it wound down. There was a whole fad of trying to find non-demand-related explanations for high unemployment to justify inaction.

Offer a take on the topic or take a hike.

I feel like I hit a nerve. How long have you been working for Tusk, Mick?

(Also, already clearly stated I agree with Andy on NYC school openings.)

Back