Very few people in MMA history have a better resume of wins than The Chris

The Machida that fought Weidman wasn't Machida in his athletic prime, proven even moreso following the Chris fight. Get it?
Yes, you picked an arbitrary grouping of fights
and said
he started losing here
prime over

Now I understand

I think it's an extension of "he got lucky vs Silva" and posters are looking for evidence in his career ever since. They want us to believe he didn't deserve it, twice.

Yes, you picked an arbitrary grouping of fights
and said
he started losing here
prime over

Now I understand

I can smell the passive aggressiveness from over here, it's pretty evident. Are you saying Machida is in his prime still now then? He's still winning fights now so must be with your logic?

Just because Weidman holds a win over Anderson doesn't mean he has one of the greatest resumes of all time, fact up to it. (Although one of my favourite opinions I've ever seen on Sherdog)

I can smell the passive aggressiveness from over here, it's pretty evident. Are you saying Machida is in his prime still now then? He's still winning fights now so must be with your logic?

Just because Weidman holds a win over Anderson doesn't mean he has one of the greatest resumes of all time, fact up to it. (Although one of my favourite opinions I've ever seen on Sherdog)
Bro
I get it
You're saying that a guy started losing, so he's past his prime. I understand your claim.
You're beating the dead horse, helax

I can quite easily, you said no-one has dominated Anderson besides Weidman, fact is that DC did. You can dominate a fighter and KO them or you can dominate them and still get a decision. I get your point, maybe dominated wasn't the best choice of words though.
He got knocked out twice and snapped his leg in half in under a total of 15 minutes against Weidman. He hasn't taken anywhere close to the same amount of damage since then in 6 fights and 5 decisions.

That's true, but in fairness. Jon didn't have an Anderson Silva in his division. And if Anderson decided to move up to fight him, it would have been a one sided beat down with Jones winning imo..

Disagree...DC was as great as Silva. Not as flashy but more solid and beat Silva. The fact Jones handled DC!

Disagree...DC was as great as Silva. Not as flashy but more solid and beat Silva. The fact Jones handled DC!
Agreed. I personally think Anderson was greater, but an argument could be made for DC's side..

Too many people focus on his losing streak but before he ran into Rockhold, he looked incredible. I was a real salty Anderoid fan but it was hard to ignore how good the Chris was

Weidman GOAT became USADA GOAT.

Surprised he doesn't get more respect as the MW GOAT.
The only reason to argue for him as the MW GOAT though is if you are making the argument that Anderson doesn't count due to roids. I mean the biggest strength of Chris' resume is the fact that he beat the actual GOAT twice. Not to diminish what he did, but the fact is that Anderson is the GOAT.

Very few fighters have had such a down fall after IV ban.

Back