Very few people in MMA history have a better resume of wins than The Chris

2 big wins and then some ok ones. You didn't even mention Weidmans win over Kelvin which is more impressive than old Machida and Belfort.

Just off the top of my head, most of Anderson's other losses debatably have better resumes.

Cormier - Stipe, Anderson, Gustafsson, Henderson, Rumble x2

Bisping: - Anderson, Henderson, Rockhold

Israel - Whitaker, Anderson, Gastelum

All better than an over the hill Machida, TRTless Belfort and a freak Anderson injury in the second one.

Some fighters have other fighters numbers, doesn't make them a better fighter necessarily i.e. Hallman/Hughes.

Machida wasn't old.

His run pre-USADA was excellent. It's a different sport now. SInce USADA he has some of the most memorable KO's (receiving them) in the sport. Rockhold and Vick are up there. At least he's still in the sport. Doesn't Big Rig own a barbecue restaurant now?
Big Rig Steak House flopped and closed

Machida wasn't old.

He looked it. He couldn't string more than 2 wins together since before the Rashad fight, it wasn't that impressive of a win in hindsight, a good win but there's a lot better resumes.

The thing that spanks his legacy is that

1. Mysterious decline as soon as usada is implemented.

2. Anderson, his biggest accomplishment, has never performed like he once did since the losses. You can say Weidman “stole his soul” but it’s also possible to argue Anderson was already on a decline after some long wars prior to the Weidman fight. Either way, it’s tough to argue Anderson was in his prime.

1. If you look at the opponents he fought after USADA was implemented you might not think it's that mysterious.

2. Anderson hasn't been knocked out or dominated since losing to Weidman and he has fought 2 middleweight champions, light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier since then.

He looked it. He couldn't string more than 2 wins together since before the Rashad fight, it wasn't that impressive of a win in hindsight, a good win but there's a lot better resumes.
On that run he lost to Jones, who is the GOAT
Rampage, who like 90% of people think he beat
Phil Davis, who people think he beat
He beat Ryan Bader, Gegard Mousasi, and Mark Munoz - all quality top 10 type wins across two divisions
Then he fought Chris, who no one think he beat

Then he got assaulted by prime Luke and prime-ish You'll Romero and fell off a cliff

He wasn't old or past his prime when he was beat by Chris

we can't just say "oh a guy started losing he's past his prime"
it is possible to lose in your prime. Chris, Luke and You'll can all look at the Machida fight as a very very good win

1. If you look at the opponents he fought after USADA was implemented you might not think it's that mysterious.

2. Anderson hasn't been knocked out or dominated since losing to Weidman and he has fought 2 middleweight champions, light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier since then.

He was dominated by DC, lost to Brunson was gifted a decision and lost to Israel.

Chris was definitely doing something before USADA, google his testosterone levels for the Belfort fight, they were abnormal.

He was dominated by DC, lost to Brunson was gifted a decision and lost to Israel.

Chris was definitely doing something before USADA, google his testosterone levels for the Belfort fight, they were abnormal.

Neither of those losses were as brutal as the losses to Weidman.

I'm not arguing that he didn't do anything pre USADA. I'm saying that blaming USADA for his losses to Luke, You'll, Mousasi in a row is stupid.

we can't just say "oh a guy started losing he's past his prime"
n

Considering at one point he was 1-4 in five fights where the only one win is CB Dolloway I think it's safe to say he was past his prime. He definitely wasn't in his prime. Clearly you're a Weidman fan boy but the fact is, Machida is Chris's 2nd best win and isn't that impressive in hindsight. Machida was losing fights and then got suspended by USADA aswell, he then came back and got KO'd by Brunson.

That's not a prime Machida.

Considering at one point he was 1-4 in five fights where the only one win is CB Dolloway I think it's safe to say he was past his prime. He definitely wasn't in his prime. Clearly you're a Weidman fan boy but the fact is, Machida is Chris's 2nd best win and isn't that impressive in hindsight. Machida was losing fights and then got suspended by USADA aswell, he then came back and got KO'd by Brunson.

That's not a prime Machida.

Okay, so you are saying "he started losing he's not in his prime"

Neither of those losses were as brutal as the losses to Weidman.

I'm not arguing that he didn't do anything pre USADA. I'm saying that blaming USADA for his losses to Luke, You'll, Mousasi in a row is stupid.

Not brutal because Weidman KO'd him and the others were decisions, you said dominated though, he was dominiated by DC and scored one liver kick and people assume that made it a close fight.

I agree he didn't fight easy competition after USADA but he also didn't look the same fighter, I would have been adamant Weidman would have all the tools to beat Mousasi before.

No, I'm saying when Weidman fought Machida he wasn't in his prime. Said it several times.
Based on the fact that he went 1-4 starting with that fight
so
he started losing
and he wasn't in his prime
now I understand

Not brutal because Weidman KO'd him and the others were decisions, you said dominated though, he was dominiated by DC and scored one liver kick and people assume that made it a close fight.
I mean I can't help you if you can't see the difference in those losses, bud.

How about Israel? Dude beat Prime Anderson, Prime Kevin & Prime Bob = BEAST

NOW HE'S THE BEST EVA

Phil-Beach.JPG

Prime Anderson??? O.K. if you say so.

Based on the fact that he went 1-4 starting with that fight
so
he started losing
and he wasn't in his prime
now I understand

The Machida that fought Weidman wasn't Machida in his athletic prime, proven even moreso following the Chris fight. Get it?

I mean I can't help you if you can't see the difference in those losses, bud.

I can quite easily, you said no-one has dominated Anderson besides Weidman, fact is that DC did. You can dominate a fighter and KO them or you can dominate them and still get a decision. I get your point, maybe dominated wasn't the best choice of words though.

Back