Very close fight. DC might be champ had he scored 1 takedown in rounds 1,3,5.

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Jones' TD defense won him the fight but it was a reallyyy close one despite what the scorecard and people are saying. Agree?

Jones' TD defense won him the fight but it was a reallyyy close one despite what the scorecard and people are saying. Agree?

I had DC winning Rounds 2 and 3.

Based on the scorecards, though, he'd have needed one TD in at least two of those rounds, though.

Yeah, if he had been a better fighter and beaten Jones, he would have won.

If he didn't run out of gas he would have won. But stamina is a big part of the game and you can't take away Jones' management of it.

I had DC winning Rounds 2 and 3.

Based on the scorecards, though, he'd have needed one TD in at least two of those rounds, though.

Did you watch the fight? DC had a takedown in the 5th. Just so you guys know a takedown really means anything if you pop right back up. Which is why Cormiers takedown didnt really mean much in scoring round 5
Edit: i meant to post this under TS thread.

I doubt scoring three td's would've won him the fight.

Rounds 1 through 3 were very close. Round 4 was the most dominant round of the fight, and it was Jones' round, which is why people are acting like it was a blowout. Round 5 was largely uneventful.

Yes if he had a big take down in the 1st he would of won the first. The third I thought he won but a takedown would of secured that round for him. The fifth he got a cheap takedown. If he would have slammed jones that probably won him the fight. He needed that to happen twice the way it was judged but the way I scored it he only needed one takedown to win.

But he COULDNT. Jones would have won the fight if he COULD have landed a flush flying knee, but he tried, and couldnt.

Face it. Being an olympic wrestler means as much as being a BJJ black belt in mma. It helps, but it doesnt automatically guarantee you takedowns or subs.

Can a victory be given for 3 extra takedowns where the champ pops right back up

All I need to know to tell who won was to look at the broken man sitting to the left of Dana White at the post-fight presser. That man knows who won.

Can a victory be given for 3 extra takedowns where the champ pops right back up

As close as those rounds were, yes of course it could of changed the fight. Didn't happen though. I think the point of this thread was to speculate if DC has what it takes to win and I would have to say yes after last night. Doesnt mean he will.

dc's takedown defense prevented more jones td's too. if jones had more td's he could have won by more.

If DC decided to Suplex Jones ass when his hands were in the air. We may of had a new champ.

EDIT: Also I would of liked DC to attempt more double legs. Instead of trying to underhook and single leg a much taller fighter. It really baffles me that DC didn't realize it's very hard to take someone down when you have to reach past your own base. (Chest)

This. I really thought he'd be the guy to do it. Jon jones is just too fucking good

respect these kinds of posts - the Jones doubt and hate was out of control for this fight - but he lived up to his talk

Back