Version 2.0 superior versions of old fighters

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Holloway is a superior version of Nick/ Nate Diaz.

Gillespie is a superior version of Chael Sonnen.

What are some more? What do you think?

Holloway is a superior version of Nick/ Nate Diaz.

Gillespie is a superior version of Chael Sonnen.

What are some more? What do you think?
you cant say gillespie is superior version of chael with 0 top 10 wins and yancy as his best win. for all you know the dude might never reach chaels level.

Holloway is in no way shape of form superior version of nate/nick his ground game compared to theirs is none existent. and he gets demoralized when fights dont go his way like he did in his last fight. Nate would keep slapping the F out of you even when hes losing.

No Holloway is not a better version
Nate is
  • Bigger
  • Longer
  • Better chin
  • Better BJJ
  • Harder puncher
  • Better boxer(real boxers respect him)
Better overall fighter imo

Holloway has better TDD and kicks but that’s it.
Mendes is super Hughes as someone else mentioned.

Gregor isn’t proven enough for the chael comparison.

I like the Diaz bro but you guys write it like they are superior to Max.
2 brothers 0 UFC belt I think that sums it up.

you cant say gillespie is superior version of chael with 0 top 10 wins and yancy as his best win. for all you know the dude might never reach chaels level.
I can't prove it but I know what I see when I see it. I get the same feeling watching Gillespie that I got when I saw Jones and Khabib demolishing lesser skilled guys.. like holy shit this guy's good, future champ, and Jones I knew he was a GOAT immediately. Gillespies on that level if he can get some big fights before he gets ancient. He won't even call guys out though so he's gonna get scraps while everyone else calling other guys out to get bigger fights will move up the rankings. He might not get a top 10/ top 5 fight, let a lone a title fight, let alone some title defenses, until he's 35-40 if he stays this timid.

Holloway is in no way shape of form superior version of nate/nick his ground game compared to theirs is none existent. and he gets demoralized when fights dont go his way like he did in his last fight. Nate would keep slapping the F out of you even when hes losing.

He's a world champion. That surpasses their skill levels at their peaks.

Yoel Romero - Kevin Randleman (kind of)
Matt Hughes - Pat Miletich

I can't prove it but I know what I see when I see it. I get the same feeling watching Gillespie that I got when I saw Jones and Khabib demolishing lesser skilled guys.. like holy shit this guy's good, future champ, and Jones I knew he was a GOAT immediately. Gillespies on that level if he can get some big fights before he gets ancient. He won't even call guys out though so he's gonna get scraps while everyone else calling other guys out to get bigger fights will move up the rankings. He might not get a top 10/ top 5 fight, let a lone a title fight, let alone some title defenses, until he's 35-40 if he stays this timid.

He's a world champion. That surpasses their skill levels at their peaks.
i agree with gillespie but his career seems like its moving forward too slow... and hes not younger than the champ or most guys in that division. but yes he possess a great skill set.

Roy Nelson was basically tank Abbot with superior cardio and bjj.

i agree with gillespie but his career seems like its moving forward too slow... and hes not younger than the champ or most guys in that division. but yes he possess a great skill set.
The funniest thing is that Gillespie looks like a total bum. The first time I saw him, I was like this can is about to get thrashed. Then this guy that looks like Cody McKenzie starts bitch tossing Yancy Medeiros all over the cage.. I almost spat out my drink out of a combination of laughter and shock. then I watched his older fights, guys a monster.

The funniest thing is that Gillespie looks like a total bum. The first time I saw him, I was like this can is about to get thrashed. Then this guy that looks like Cody McKenzie starts bitch tossing Yancy Medeiros all over the cage.. I almost spat out my drink out of a combination of laughter and shock. then I watched his older fights, guys a monster.
i watched all his fights. great talent. him and makhachev would be a good fight.

On the flip side, Sam Alvey is a shitty boring version of Chris Leben.

No Holloway is not a better version
Nate is
  • Bigger
  • Longer
  • Better chin
  • Better BJJ
  • Harder puncher
  • Better boxer(real boxers respect him)
Better overall fighter imo

Holloway has better TDD and kicks but that’s it.
Mendes is super Hughes as someone else mentioned.

Gregor isn’t proven enough for the chael comparison.

is this a joke? Multiple title defenses vs no major belt

Back