Verizon Developer Paid 250K A Year And He Outsourced His Work To Chinese For 50K

NetGeek

Occupying Sherdog
Reaction score
I saw this story and its so ridiculous its sounds like something published from the Onion. Basically Verizon hired this guy and paid him a lot of money, he hired a developer in China and paid him 50K so he could watch cat videos and sell stuff on Ebay.

This was his daily schedule.

9:00 a.m.

Dude knows what's up. To bad he got caught, he had a sweet gig going.

Obviously there is some issue with it, but I don't really have that big of a problem with the concept. They were paying him $250k a year for results - he got them satisfactory results.

Obviously there is some issues with it, but I don't really have that big of a problem with the concept. They were paying him $250k a year for results - he got them satisfactory results.

If anything he's 10x smarter than the company itself. His mistake was getting caught.

I really thought this was funny because it sounds like the average Sherdogger.:)

I can't decide if this dude was a genius or an idiot...

Dude lived the dream. I am reminded of Homer's bid for sanitation jingle.

ebank got pwnt

Only potential problem I see for him is that he gave unauthorized access to the company's VPN which might be legally actionable.

Only potential problem I see for him is that he gave unauthorized access to the company's VPN which might be legally actionable.

Haha true.

The Chinese got 50k in consulting fees and 100 million in patent thefts

Does sound like an Onion story.
Funny. I'm sure Verizon is fine using the exact same practices.

Dude lived the dream. I am reminded of Homer's bid for sanitation jingle.

In my last job I earned quite a lot and had pretty much the same schedule, except I didn't have to outsource anything because I didn't have anything to do.
And I certainly wasn't the only one, there were guys making way more, doing shit all day.

now there's gonna be a rush of "programmers" doing this. Hell i wish i thought of this!

I've been doing this for over 6 months now.

why cat videos....lol

My only real problem with this is that a man was sitting in a cubicle somewhere watching cat videos.

Back