Verhoeven vs. Hari 3 in december

I don't care where he trains or with who. He needs to fight somewhere else before having any business being in Glory or even ONE.

I don't care where he trains or with who. He needs to fight somewhere else before having any business being in Glory or even ONE.
He is really not expensive, can fight bums like Tafa, Wrzosek or Abdallah in Glory first. Then Mozny or Mahieddine. Then Marshall or Plazibat. And then maybe the elite. Do you afraid he is rusty?

But you are somehow true. Londt fought at Mix Fight at return. Not that Sljivar though was a hell of an opponent. Sljivar is kind of bum these days, past prime.

Do you afraid he is rusty?
Yea I mean he hasn't exactly fought a lot lately. He needs to have a fight in Romania or wherever and show something and show he doesn't completely gas our after throwing one flurry.

Yea I mean he hasn't exactly fought a lot lately. He needs to have a fight in Romania or wherever and show something and show he doesn't completely gas out after throwing one flurry.
Yes, you are right, a lot more than the signed Badr Hari by Glory with no fight in 1 year and a half. I hope Cătinaș does well and Golden Fighter starts soon, because outside are not many other options.

Viable options, like fighters with great cardio and scoring points fighters, or hard hitters to threaten at least. In the 95 kg there are a lot more. Now HW Fabio Kwasi could be an option but in 2018 he did bad, against Kornilov who proved he is slow for Glory and and also lost a decision to Aygun. I like him, he is very technical, but I am not sure he would do even as good as Marshall in Glory. Toughness is also required. Marshall is pretty unidimensional but does good what we does. Kwasi is technical though, could improve like Marshall did in Glory.

Nidal Bchiri from Enfusion is interesting as a prospect but has to fight more. Cătinaș would surely be my 1st choice if he makes return in style, then from Kwasi and Bchiri I definitely choose Kwasi. Aygun also deserves a chance, he is not worse than Mahieddine. But from all of these I think only Cătinaș could make some noise.

Last edited:
Cătinaș is also an interesting option. Regarding Gerges, I do not agree that he should be banned from Glory. Back in the days he had a good record, he is a former It`s Showtime champion. Lately he was out of shape and lost to guys like Wilnis and Brestovac. If he could come back in shape, it should be a viable option since he has a lot of experience at a high level.

Regarding his dopping problems, let`s be clear: everybody does it. You think Rico is natural? C`mon. There were fighters who weren`t caught like Aerts or LeBanner. They were unusually muscular for their age (past 40) showing tipical signs of steroids. Based on this logic Badr should be banned also. They both got suspended and the suspension period expired. Badr came back. So should Hesdy.

Finally, regarding his legal problems, it is not unusually for fighters to have problems with the law. Look at Badr, he arguably wasted his best years because of his problems. His "successor", Mohamed Jarayah is also on this road. The point is these people are not role models, indifferently what the audience is expecting from them.

Cătinaș is also an interesting option. Regarding Gerges, I do not agree that he should be banned from Glory. Back in the days he had a good record, he is a former It`s Showtime champion. Lately he was out of shape and lost to guys like Wilnis and Brestovac. If he could come back in shape, it should be a viable option since he has a lot of experience at a high level.

Regarding his dopping problems, let`s be clear: everybody does it. You think Rico is natural? C`mon. There were fighters who weren`t caught like Aerts or LeBanner. They were unusually muscular for their age (past 40) showing tipical signs of steroids. Based on this logic Badr should be banned also. They both got suspended and the suspension period expired. Badr came back. So should Hesdy.

Finally, regarding his legal problems, it is not unusually for fighters to have problems with the law. Look at Badr, he arguably wasted his best years because of his problems. His "successor", Mohamed Jarayah is also on this road. The point is these people are not role models, indifferently what the audience is expecting from them.

Are you Gerges himself or related to him?

I don't know any fight fan who is interested in seeing Gerges returning to the ring.

Are you Gerges himself or related to him?

I don't know any fight fan who is interested in seeing Gerges returning to the ring.

I am not related to him by any mean. I`m from Romania. How many fight fans do you know :)? My point is that at this stage, Glory must come up with better HW fighters. Hesdy is a good fighter and a former champion. If Tafa and Abdallah have a place in Glory, than Hesdy may join also.

@Broadcast can you confirm this?
No idea who is the guy. New user of Effin maybe? Usually the Romanian fans are on our kickboxing pages, on MMA usually more on Sherdog. Plus another 1-2 with Effin on Kakutougi.

Anyway, he can be right. 36 years old is not a problem, just that Gerges has been pretty much inactive and now revealed in his book he had mafia ties. Basically he is pretty much as inactive as Cătinaș.

We must see him 1st like Shadess said. I just cannot believe he was hiding under religion, when he was a criminal.

I used to be a Fighterheart fan. Anyway, surely a better option than Smolik for example in my opinion (who was fed with bums in Germany). While Wrsozek, Abdallah and Tafa have been kept in Glory by Hemmers and Co. Maybe Tafa is not trash, just that he has no leg kicks, but the other two are good enough. Abdallah under Smolik for example. They are not Glory material at all. Mozny is also questionable.

I feel sorry if I offend someone, I don"t want to create any general opinion, it"s a personal one. Plus these fighters have the chance to prove wrong.

My point is that at this stage, Glory must come up with better HW fighters.

Not so many, several are in ONE now. The HW at elite level is more stacked (at elite level) than many other divisions in GLORY now (Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Hari, and Marshall and Plazibat are decent). They just need some more to fill it. A few, about 2-3.

And I would remove Jahfarr Wilnis if he doesn"t want to lose weight. This guy is like Jekyll and Hyde.

Another mistake from Glory is keeping Brestovac inactive for some bums. Not to mention Adegbuyi also asked for more fights. If you don"t have 3 fights per year is bad.

Hesdy is a good fighter and a former champion. If Tafa and Abdallah have a place in Glory, than Hesdy may join also.

Wrsozek is you wake up Cătinaș from sleep, wouldn"t least 1 round with Raul. Surely Abdallah and probably even Tafa would also get KOed. I hope my Polish friends agree about his potential.

I would rather remove them and sign Gerges and Cătinaș, instead of some bums. I would rather give chances to Gerges and Cătinaș, for lower purses than usual at the beginning, than keeping NON-QUALIFIED fighters. Gerges and Cătinaș and be really good, while the others have no potential. Maybe my opinion, our opinions are good, maybe the opinion of Shades (no idea), but than losing Gerges and Cătinaș (ex-top heavies) to ONE I would rather sign them rusty.

Overall if Glory are associating their image with Badr, why not also Gerges? And who wouldn"t with Hari anyway? One too probably. If he wants to fight UFC tomorrow, he would do it.. Not to say Hesdy has no official conviction!

Last edited:
My plan:

- remove Wrsozek, Abdallah, maybe even Tafa because he has no legs and doesn"t win anyway
- sign Gerges and Cătinaș, let them fight against questionable Mannart and Mozny, after some easy debut fights
- sign Moroșanu back, he was robbed in his 2nd fight; he can win ratings if he gets protected some fights and win by KO; maybe you blame my idea, but boxing, UFC, all are living also from ratings
- sign also Aygun, why not, maybe also Fabio Kwasi
- send Jahfarr Wilnis to the gym, to lose weight
- qualifying bouts: Rogava vs. Kornilov (Rogava has improved, Kornilov looked slow in Glory but has talent and deserves some Glory fights if he passes Tsotne, he can improve otherwise he is very technical)

I don"t think Ndiri, Ristea, etc are ready yet at the moment. I lack names unfortunately. Waiting for 20th August, if Lătescu can win such a tournament then he can become easily fast a name in the future. So far only 1 fight on pros, might not be as good as they tip him (even though his junior results are unbelievable).

So Glory just needs to fill some spots. Not to have only HW bouts between the elite. It is easy to make title fights now with 4 elites. Plus we are waiting for surprises (rising fighters) or at least some upsets.

PS. I would have also signed SAMEDOV. :) Give Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi chances to the belt because they earned them, give Badr Hari first Samedov! :D Such a fight would also sell well. Nobody wants to see a 3rd fight so fast after such a "fiasco". 2 fiascos...

Sure there is a risk Zabit winning it, but yet again at least Ben Saddik if not also Adegbuyi will be remaining as title opponents. So the spot is filled for the next 2 years. Badr will also retire until 2023, sure of this.

His "successor", Mohamed Jarayah is also on this road. The point is these people are not role models, indifferently what the audience is expecting from them.

Could be, that drug used in soccer aka EPO. You can discover EPO with tits and chest. First you are just shining, eventually you get drained!

But "hoţul neprins e negustor cinstit" aka "Uncaught thief is an honest merchant" . So assumptions are just assumptions, they stay like that.

Last edited:
@Broadcast can you confirm this?

There are approximately 19 million people living in Romania. How on earth could Broadcast "confirm" my identity? I joined this forum after I started to go to kickboxing classes. I am 34 year old, living in Cluj-Napoca, Transilvania.

I agree with Broadcast`s ideas about the HW division in Glory: bums must go and other more talented or well known fighters could come. Samedow would be a great deal. These days he fights for smaller organisations I haven`t heard of him recently.

Anyway, surely a better option than Smolik for example in my opinion (who was fed with bums in Germany).

Have you seen Smolik engagement in social media? Dude is very popular in Germany. It should be something similar like Morasanu in your country or maybe more popular.

That's the main reason he should be there. Imagine if Kickboxing becomes popular in Germany like it is in the Netherlands? That would be amazing for the sport as a whole.

grandes-estrellas-724x1024.png

The only active kickboxers with more followers than him are Buakaw, Rico and Badr.
https://www.instagram.com/michael.smolik/

Have you seen Smolik engagement in social media? Dude is very popular in Germany. It should be something similar like Morasanu in your country or maybe more popular.

That's the main reason he should be there. Imagine if Kickboxing becomes popular in Germany like it is in the Netherlands? That would be amazing for the sport as a whole.

grandes-estrellas-724x1024.png

The only active kickboxers with more followers than him are Buakaw, Rico and Badr.
https://www.instagram.com/michael.smolik/

He is under Moroșanu that you didn"t count. You also didn"t count Andrei Stoica and others. If Moroșanu fights Badr Hari you can fill at least a 30k stadium in Romania if not also the national stadium (60k). There have been kickboxing events in Romania, mainly in Superkombat times, with at least 1,2 million viewers, in some years kickboxing coming 4th in the country after soccer, tennis and handball I think. Or 5th after the Olympics also. Right now in whole martial arts, only in Romania (kickboxing) and Great Britain (boxing) you can see such comparisons and numbers - although in Romania it may decrease next the sport like in the Netherlands (Netherlands besides Rico and Badr doesn"t really have so many popular fighters like in the past). He is by far the most popular, and probably the most popular European fighter currently.

Smolik"s numbers are valid but they are not made by kickboxing followers not even 50%. Moroșanu was hugely popular already from kickboxing, not from acting. Stoica participated in some shows, but was already popular enough from kickboxing. Well, maybe he has almost doubled the number of fans now. Not sure.

Moroșanu you bring him to Glory not for Romania only, but also a lot because he is very attractive to the kickboxing public everywhere. Just see his comments on Youtube, coming from foreigners. You can easily feed him with bums, he will win by KO and the ratings go up. You can even create 2 division of heavyweights for example, like -110 and +120 or -125. Moroșanu doesn"t even upload his fights on social website, goes up from the 1st hour of uploading on Youtube.

Of course, Germany is 4 time bigger, but the question is. Effectively how many Germans will watch?

Not sure how Smolik has growth, is it really acting? Or some fitness coach on Insta mainly?

This type of decisions are anyway taken by a group, but for me in the ring he"s not very spectacular enough and like I said Glory has done it wrong because in the US the KO is very important (and not only, but especially in the US), and getting him would be only the professional reason or the ratings reason.

He has no power to push Abdallah (who sometimes doesn"t even defend, you just need to punch him constantly, and will stop if you don"t have the power to push him) and likes to fight on counter against fighters who put him problems. His high kicks though are pretty good and dangerous.

Unfortunately I don"t think kickboxing will become big in Germany until noise doesn"t happen on the local scene. Because you put Smolik on a Glory fight card and the public sees the level. Logically, Smolik would have signed another contract with Glory if the ratings from Germany would have produced huge impact.

You know I am not a fan of Gerasimchuk and I consider him overrated (the Glory debut confirms some truth but I want to see him 1 more time, even though he looks far from challenging the belt), but Smolik is 1-2 leagues lower. Professionally. I will the 1st happy if the German scene will get resurrection, but knowing their top fighters fighting here, the kickboxing in Germany has only decreased in the last 1-2 decades.

Last edited:
Oh, and one more thing. If I were in Glory, I would immediately hire Hesdy Gerges. He is not competing at the moment but arguably he is still a top fighter from better days. Since the Glory heavy weight division is very weak it would be a great addition. It is ironic that a guy lik Tafa is in top 10 in Glory :)) Hesdy has a grudge with Rico as well. If he trains hard, he would be a good opponent.

Hesdy Gerges: “Rico, Don’t Hide”

Former It’s Showtime Champion and GLORY Contender Hesdy “Fighterheart” Gerges continued his online assault on GLORY Heavyweight Champion Rico Verhoven, telling Verhoeven “Don’t hide behind your organization.”

Gerges has held a grudge against Verhoeven since last year after Rico criticized him at a press conference.

The two exchanged words at the post fight press conference following Rico’s TKO win against Badr Hari at GLORY Collision 2 last December.

Rico became angry when Gerges told him Hari deserved to win their rematch, and told Gerges ““shut the f**k up or otherwise put on your gloves.”

Gerges has stated on social media he accepts Rico’s challenge. Today, he implored the champion to back up his words in the ring.

“Rico, don’t hide behind your organization. You had a big mouth and now you must come motherf*ucker,” he wrote.

“Glory is back and now they have to come with real bad blood!,” he said, referring to GLORY Kickboxing’s announcement of three events after going through receivership.

“They cannot solve a problem with the mindset it caused. The have to come with something tough…”

“Fans and Haters want to see this. So @ricoverhoeven tell your boss not to protect you anymore! Be a man of word and not only a bitch with a big mouth… Osu! #FIGHTERHEART”

Gerges is currently not linked to any kickboxing promotions. Perhaps, we will see him again in GLORY or another major organisation in the future.

Kickboxingplanet

Gerges a top fighter? He lost 7 of his last 8 fights.

He was also caught doping and sentenced for cocaine trafficking.

A really good ambassador for kickboxing!
He was a top tier fighter but clearly hit the proverbial brick wall in 2016.

He was a top tier fighter but clearly hit the proverbial brick wall in 2016.

I agree that he is not the fighter that he was once. But at the current Glory HW scene where guys like Tafa and Abdallah are fighting, it would be an improvement. Have you seen the last fight of Abdallah? If I remember well, the referee stopped the match due to excessive clinching. That was unwatchable, laughable even.

He is under Moroșanu that you didn"t count. You also didn"t count Andrei Stoica and others. If Moroșanu fights Badr Hari you can fill at least a 30k stadium in Romania if not also the national stadium (60k). There have been kickboxing events in Romania, mainly in Superkombat times, with at least 1,2 million viewers, in some years kickboxing coming 4th in the country after soccer, tennis and handball I think. Or 5th after the Olympics also. Right now in whole martial arts, only in Romania (kickboxing) and Great Britain (boxing) you can see such comparisons and numbers - although in Romania it may decrease next the sport like in the Netherlands (Netherlands besides Rico and Badr doesn"t really have so many popular fighters like in the past). He is by far the most popular, and probably the most popular European fighter currently.

Smolik"s numbers are valid but they are not made by kickboxing followers not even 50%. Moroșanu was hugely popular already from kickboxing, not from acting. Stoica participated in some shows, but was already popular enough from kickboxing. Well, maybe he has almost doubled the number of fans now. Not sure.

Moroșanu you bring him to Glory not for Romania only, but also a lot because he is very attractive to the kickboxing public everywhere. Just see his comments on Youtube, coming from foreigners. You can easily feed him with bums, he will win by KO and the ratings go up. You can even create 2 division of heavyweights for example, like -110 and +120 or -125. Moroșanu doesn"t even upload his fights on social website, goes up from the 1st hour of uploading on Youtube.

Of course, Germany is 4 time bigger, but the question is. Effectively how many Germans will watch?

Not sure how Smolik has growth, is it really acting? Or some fitness coach on Insta mainly?

This type of decisions are anyway taken by a group, but for me in the ring he"s not very spectacular enough and like I said Glory has done it wrong because in the US the KO is very important (and not only, but especially in the US), and getting him would be only the professional reason or the ratings reason.

He has no power to push Abdallah (who sometimes doesn"t even defend, you just need to punch him constantly, and will stop if you don"t have the power to push him) and likes to fight on counter against fighters who put him problems. His high kicks though are pretty good and dangerous.

Unfortunately I don"t think kickboxing will become big in Germany until noise doesn"t happen on the local scene. Because you put Smolik on a Glory fight card and the public sees the level. Logically, Smolik would have signed another contract with Glory if the ratings from Germany would have produced huge impact.

You know I am not a fan of Gerasimchuk and I consider him overrated (the Glory debut confirms some truth but I want to see him 1 more time, even though he looks far from challenging the belt), but Smolik is 1-2 leagues lower. Professionally. I will the 1st happy if the German scene will get resurrection, but knowing their top fighters fighting here, the kickboxing in Germany has only decreased in the last 1-2 decades.

I don`t think Moroșanu would return to Glory or any other organisation as a kickboxer. He is the promoter of Dynamite Fighting Show. Maybe some one time events. I personally never liked his style. Too much emphasis on big punches and zero technique. He was certainly efficient due to the power in his hands but kickboxing should be more than that.

Nope.
Morasanu: 123.000 followers https://www.instagram.com/catalin_morosanu_official/
Smolik: 318.000 followers: https://www.instagram.com/michael.smolik/

He became famous because he is/was a police officer in Germany and also appeared in some TV shows.

On Facebook Morosanu has 500.000, Instagram still growing in Romania (Facebook, hardly anyone doesn"t hold an account). But he has changed a lot of accounts and also owns more, otherwise he would have got around 1.5 million in my opinion. Smolik on Facebook has 110k. Instagram is also focused a bit differently, pays money, because I am sure Facebook is the most popular in Germany too or almost in any country. But Instagram will grow now because of these funds.

Anyway honestly it"s not a lot, but it"s also because it"s kickboxing. I think most of the country knows Morosanu, but only the followers or his TV fans are adding him. He"s not like Simona Halep, but highy popular, very highly popular. He would be recognize on the streets by many. I doubt Smolik can be recognized in Germany even by 5% of the Germans. Certainly also Rico Verhoeven is way more popular in the Netherlands NOW as percent than actor or fitness trainer Smolik in Germany. And Morosanu is also popular in Europe because of Eurosport, could go even outside to be recognized. First I didn"t like him, now I can say he will retire as a top heavyweight. A top 20. But at 182 cm, there are not many heavyweights who could KO super-heavyweights like Morosanu, so this is why he is fun. Saki is even more special than him, just that the power of Morosanu is bigger. Saki with his power would have been the champion, but yet again he is faster and better on boxing. Saki, Morosanu, Catinas, are probably the smallest heavyweighs with results.

I don`t think Moroșanu would return to Glory or any other organisation as a kickboxer. He is the promoter of Dynamite Fighting Show. Maybe some one time events. I personally never liked his style. Too much emphasis on big punches and zero technique. He was certainly efficient due to the power in his hands but kickboxing should be more than that.

I had much smaller respect for Morosanu, but he improved as a fighter, remember Silva and Zhuravlev fights. Plus especially the Edwards fight in Australia, that was a robbery for the Aussie! In these 3 fights he fought technically. Now in some of his last fights, sticked to Douwes mood also.

I think Morosanu would have achieved pretty big, training consistantly. But he was half of a politician.

Even now at 36 years old is not so old. If he has no problems with hernia, can do it easily. Being well trained and not being such involved with the local politics of Iasi. Being well trained and fighting poorer opponents in Glory (his power is really insane for 182 cm), then giving a chance to a belt of Badr Hari for example in Romania. You would sell 30-50k easily. There is a reason for why Morosanu is more popular in Romania than Ghita. Professionally.

Last edited:
I agree that he is not the fighter that he was once. But at the current Glory HW scene where guys like Tafa and Abdallah are fighting, it would be an improvement. Have you seen the last fight of Abdallah? If I remember well, the referee stopped the match due to excessive clinching. That was unwatchable, laughable even.

Smolik has very poor power, he can"t push his opponents, plus technically he is also very limited. This way you deal with massive opponents with no talent like Abdallah. You push them and hold the ring, and you use your superior technicity. Otherwise Smolik owns great leg kicks, I mean the spinning kick, etc. But that"s all. Very disappointed. If you fight guys like non-prime guys like Enver, of course you look like that. Plus like I said, his spinning kicks are great. If Smolik would have been younger, he could have added decent boxing because he has potential. Although in terms of power, if you don"t hold power or toughness in kickboxing you are "cooked". If not, maybe he can fight then in 90 kg than with the super-heavyweights.

Abdallah looks the same like Mahieddine, but he is not in his league. Not even on his bad debut in Superkombat (against Oezdemir), Mahieddine didn"t look as bad as Abdallah. He can only beat Toktasynov. I think Nikolaj Falin was better than both Tok and Abdallah. But most of them jobbers or close to jobbers at the highest level.

For example there are many heavyweights in Romania now, but compared to some years ago not many are Glory worth like Morosanu, Catinas, Adegbuyi, Ghita, etc were. I could easily recommend Ristea or Munteanu, but they are not Glory worth. Like they weren"t top in Superkombat. Munteanu will probably never be, Ristea can still do it but still lacks many things (and his weak toughness is the worst).

Last edited:
Back