Verbal taps

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Hey, remember when GSP beat Hughes in their third and final match? And GSP had Hughes arms and he had to verbal tap? He was screaming TAP TAP TAP!!!

That was a delicious moment for me. I loved it. I think hughes is kind of pompous sometimes and it made me smike to see that happen to him.

Anyway, the real meaning of this topic is when else did this happen? I can't seem to recall another verbal tap moment and I'm sure you guys will remember some :)

iirc, bendo verbally tapped to pettis' armbar

Right, right, right, but of course! Any others?

Joe Warren screamed in pain when he was caught in a kneebar in Bellator. BJM stopped the fight on the grounds of verbal submission.

UFC172-JosephBenavidezXTimElliott-07-SloMo-rtrear-400-sg.gif

I swear Brock was saying - I can't fight back. I can't fight back. Stop stop stop. Against Cain. But it went down as a TKO.

Joe Warren screamed in pain when he was caught in a kneebar in Bellator. BJM stopped the fight on the grounds of verbal submission.

That was a great stoppage. BJM gets a lot of shit on this forum, but he's top notch. Was cool to see him ref kickboxing the other day.

would you guys consider shogun vs randleman a verbal submission?

Leben quit on the stool vs Hall but that goes in the books as a tko.

yuji shimada saw royler tapping with his eyebrows against saku.

however, after the fight, royler claimed that he wasn't tapping with his eyebrows and was actually about to apply the famous gracie eyebrow choke to saku but you know about those corrupt japanese refs.

How has no one said Sonnen vs Filho.... yall plebs too young?

Back