Venum payment to fighters already less than Reebok.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So it went from 20k to 21k. A 5% increase.

But thanks to the pandemic, central banks are printing money like crazy, including the Fed. Inflation in the USA is already above 5%, so 21k is already less than 20k 2 years before.

Who cares which is better or worse

the single brand sponsorship of fighters is absolutely horrible for the fighters. Anything less than letting fighters wear their own independent sponsors like they used to (let UFC get a 10% cut or something) is fucking them over

I dont get why UFC doesnt allow at least one patch for a fighter. Doesnt even have to be big, just a small sponsor one on opposite side where the crypto patch is.

Think the way ufc sees it is that fighters these days make good money with social media sponsors. But I think at least one patch would be fair

I dont get why UFC doesnt allow at least one patch for a fighter. Doesnt even have to be big, just a small sponsor one on opposite side where the crypto patch is.

Think the way ufc sees it is that fighters these days make good money with social media sponsors. But I think at least one patch would be fair

They do permit this, but it's very limited. The only ones I recall seeing were Monster and maybe Budweiser.

They do permit this, but it's very limited. The only ones I recall seeing were Monster and maybe Budweiser.

Those are both UFC agreed deals. Fighters should be able to agree one small patch with a sponsor imo. I wouldn't mind it the UFC wanted to vet the sponsors so there was no condom depot or whatever on there, but one small patch isn't going to make the product look amateurish.

The one patch would considerably diminish the 'value' of the deal from Venum's perspective and lower the mount they pay as a sponsor. It's a marketing strategy and like most marketing strategies, it functions of drawing your attention to the product with as little interference as possible.

Hopefully you realize they are unrelated variables and this is a joke because that's the logic that causes misleading statistics

I got some Venum boxing gloves the other day. CHeaper than everlast but quite comfortable. And they have a snake on them. Ssssssss Im a slippery snakeeeee
snake.gif

sponsorship in the ufc is fucked.
i can see how the ufc got tired of golden palace and condom depot's huge, obnoxious ads on the fighters shorts and painted on their back but i don't understand why they didn't at least try to get a list of approved sponsors together? there would have been a tactful way of incorporating logos on shorts and draw income from many companies. instead the fighters have one clothing sponsor and get paid shit to wear bland looking "uniforms".

Hopefully UFC wont take away or try to hinder fighters making money through social media.

So it went from 20k to 21k. A 5% increase.

But thanks to the pandemic, central banks are printing money like crazy, including the Fed. Inflation in the USA is already above 5%, so 21k is already less than 20k 2 years before.
First, you are correct, in "real dollars" (adjusted for inflation) they are making less now.

But...
That's not how inflation works. Central banks aren't printing money like crazy, and even if they were that money wouldn't do much to cause inflation. It has more to do with the federal funds rate in the US with the federal reserve bank, and similar mechanics in other countries. Though the federal funds rate doesn't CAUSE inflation, it tries to set inflation at a certain rate. Inflation is more naturally occuring in an economy and it's cause is not any 1 thing. In fact there are goods and services that are deflating all the time. Inflation is just the overall trend of the cost of a bundle of goods and services over a period of time.
Ironically, a little inflation is a good thing for the economy because of the way the global markets work and currency exchanges, etc. Normally the target is about 2% for a "healthy" economy. 5% after a pandemic is actually probably a good thing. It increases short term spending.

That all said, you were making a point about the UFC fighters getting screwed by the Venom deal worse than the Reebok, and you are correct for the reasons you stated. I'm sure it's a better deal for the UFC though, which is turn could mean fighters are earning more in their base pay and other bonuses--assuming there is a positive trend in revenue sharing.

But I digress.
You are mostly correct in what you are saying and I agree with your overall point.
Venom deal is shit.

No sponsorship freedom, no health coverage after retiring, and no profit sharing, and now bringing in 5k/5k jobbers to water down the roster average salary.

UFC not even using KY jelly before pounding their roster.

Back