VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE (Massive $90 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

If you have seen VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Venom franchise has gone full Guardians of the Galaxy. Expect a symbiote dance off.

tenor.gif

I hope this trailer's slapstick is the very limited amount that's in the whole movie. No idea why they threw it all in to one trailer. Venom needs to be the big bad.

I loved the part where the lady behind the counter casually sayz hello & then sayz "hi venom." I get Venom has to get along... & even him making breakfast is a bit of fun, but lets not keep that vibe. Venom needs to be dark as fook & a major big bad... as his very nature is. He's got to get along, but we're not looking for a slapstick comedy here, he's doing this just so that he can wait till he can unleash.

They didn't seem to be rocking their Woody Harrelson the way a Woody Harrelson can be rocked either... so this isn't very promising. I'll still watch at home, but this isn't dragging me to the theater.

Why is the venom voice different :(

Looks pretty standard to me. I’m kind of ready for other movies to come back, ya know? Might surprise me, but by the trailer I doubt.

First movie was shite, so don't know what people expect from the sequel. At least this one has a great main cast (Woody, Hardy, Snatch guy), even if Hardy seems to be phoning it in. Story seems somewhat more interesting than the first, even if it it a general rehash of the first (good symbiote+host vs bad symbiote+host).
Think I heard some stock sound effects in that trailer, btw.

The comedy looks pretty silly. Silly even beyond typical comic book movie silly humor. That said, looks as though Woody will steal the show. He’s a great actor, capable of whatever genre.

Yeah, the humor was really off-putting in that trailer. I'm getting PTSD thinking about the forced humor in TLJ. (no pun intended)

Right now it's looking like a hard pass for me. But maybe trailer number two will change that.

Yeah, the humor was really off-putting in that trailer. I'm getting PTSD thinking about the forced humor in TLJ. (no pun intended)

Right now it's looking like a hard pass for me. But maybe trailer number two will change that.

Oh man. TLJ- some of that comedy was so intrusive and fell so flat. I really liked ROS much better if I’m being honest. It was ridiculous and dumb, but I thought it righted a lot of the wrongs of the predecessor, and it seemed to me to have far fewer drawbacks overall. It entertained me. And I was at the point where that was all I really needed post-TLJ.

Not trying to make this about Star Wars movies, but I enjoyed Solo too. Only I think that’s superior to any of the Disney trilogy movies. Just entertaining and the humor seemed more organic.
Woody was great in that, too. So it all comes back around.

I don't think Hollywood knows what to do with these characters. Or just refuses to go there. Will probably be entertaining but not live up to expectations, like the first.

After Eric Foreman Venom, they probably felt like anything would be perceived as superior. And they were kind of right.

it’s just weird though- you get these great actors in the first one like Hardy, Williams, Ahmed, etc., and...you might as well have not- cause you didn’t really give them much to do. Hardy seemed like such a positive move in the first place but you squander that good will when you don’t get him to ramp up the intensity as we know he can.

I thought Ahmed as the villains was actually pretty good- but only in generic, pos villain mode. He perfectly encapsulated that vibe, but it’s nothing we haven’t seen a hundred times before.

Venom from ‘18 felt like an entertaining enough movie to me but it was not anything I was clamoring to watch again.

I didn't see the first one in theatre, probably won't see this one there either.

That being said, I didn't hate the trailer.

Did they address in the first one how Eddie got away with beating the shit out of 30 cops instead of being locked up for decades?

he also bit a robber’s head off in a store, no? But aw shucks, he and Eddie sure do make breakfast together and bicker like an old, married couple so society loves them...?

The first Venom was alright. There should have been better fighting scenes IMO. It seemed like it lacked a true villian and fights from what I remember.. The villian was barely in the movie and I don't even remember his name..

And the whole world knows Venom's weakness.. He gets whipped all over the movie because of it.. The stoner neighbor with the loud guitar almost takes Venom out by accident... They made it too obvious..

I feel like the only one that liked the trailer. I enjoyed the first movie and I will be watching this one on the big screen as well.

Back