VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE (Massive $90 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

If you have seen VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Not movie-related, but still:

Marvel Legends Series Venom

I thought venom really sucked. I hated it. Tom hardy is one of my favs, but he seemed like he had developmental disabilities and the venom was so cheesy.

^ First trailer is up, guys.

E1B1v9YWEAQc-F5

I was on until I saw its the same Kelly Marcel lady writing the screenplay.

She's not a good writer. She writes likes the suck up in ENG 200 who wants to be a writer so bad but just cant write at all but still gets an A and acts like shes the mayor of the class.

The writer of 50 shades movie yeah thats who we want writing this.

Hopefully Serkis can find gold in the shit script hes no doubt been given

Just to repeat.

Great directing wont fix bad writing.

Last edited:

<{cruzshake}>

The tone is already all over the place just in that trailer.
What a shame because I can see Woody Harrelson as an excellent Carnage.
Not a fan of this shit though, it's like when FOX butchered Apocalypse in that last Xmen movie. All this movie does is lower the character's value and prolongs a good and true Maximum Carnage story to be able to be told.

I envision Venom and Carnage symbiotes trading 'witty' puns as they battle in darkness and hard to see shitty CGI for 2 hours.

What is this, a comedy?
I agree, this shit is all over the place

Nah, not for me, the first one felt flat as hell for me and almost like a comedy. Will possibly download it if I'm bored one weekend but it's not gonna be high on my list.

Feels very much like the first film which is a disappointment. I was hoping for something a little more serious and possibly MCU related. Hopefully they are saving the good stuff for the movie. If harrelson is only carnage for the last 1/3 of the movie whats the point?

Damn it. Trailer looks like they are keeping a bunch of the odd shit from the first one. I get that they symbiote needs to talk but the attempts at witty banner felt even more forced in the trailer than in the last movie.

They also better keep Carnage around for more than 1 movie.

He is legit one of the big bads in the Spider-Verse, if they one and done him it will be a travesty.

Also how are they gonna have him be an offspring in this, since in the comics the piece is left when the symbiote breaks Eddie our of prison.

Trailer leaves me with so many questions.

Damn it. Trailer looks like they are keeping a bunch of the odd shit from the first one. I get that they symbiote needs to talk but the attempts at witty banner felt even more forced in the trailer than in the last movie.

They also better keep Carnage around for more than 1 movie.

He is legit one of the big bads in the Spider-Verse, if they one and done him it will be a travesty.

Also how are they gonna have him be an offspring in this, since in the comics the piece is left when the symbiote breaks Eddie our of prison.

Trailer leaves me with so many questions.

Exactly. Trailer shows Cletus the Slack-Jawed Serial Killer strapped down and about to be executed before turning into Carnage. But there's no hint of how he got his own Symbiote in the first place. It's not like Venom would give him one as a gift. In the comics they were cell mates and Venom left a tiny piece of itself behind when it broke into the cell to free Brock. In the movie they've met in person exactly once before and there was zero physical contact.

Also not a fan of the goofy Venom jokes. Yeah, Venom/Brock in the comics have a code of honour and at least try to only kill people they believe deserve it. They even crack the occasional joke. But I don't recall reading any stories where Venom sings while making Eddie breakfast. Venom, even as the Good Guys, is supposed to be flat out terrifying.

Back