Velasquez/Werdum 2 in works [CONFIRMED]

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
This is RIDICULOUS. This will make only 3 different opponents in his last 7 fights because he fights the same guys over and over. JDS, Bigfoot, now it's Werdum.

I'd rather see both fighters fighting other comp.

Then i guess is Cain wins a rematch, we get Cain vs. Werdum 3. Piss poor matchmaking IMO

Was so hoping for Arlovski to get the shot, but instead another terrible rematch, oh well hopefully Cain smashes him

Cain will win. An take 9 to 12 months off to recover an injury

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE idea.

What if Cain wins and gets hurt again?

What if Cain and JDS both win? No one wants Cain-Junior IV.

Andrei was the best choice by far, though Stipe and JDS are both better than Cain as well.

I really don't get why they're doing this - Cain was hardly a huge draw, and Andrei is a former champ and very exciting fighter.

So in seven fights following his capture of the title, Cain will have fought just three different guys. Lulz.

Cain will just be fighting the same 3 guys until he retires.

Code:
Res.  Record	     Opponent	      Method	     Location	Notes
Loss	14-3	Junior dos Santos	Elbow to the neck	Denver, Colorado, United States	Lost the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
Win	14-2	Fabr

So in seven fights following his capture of the title, Cain will have fought just three different guys. Lulz.

maybe he finishes career in UFC fighting exclusively JDS, Bigfoot and Werdum:icon_chee

wins the title back again - gets injured; JDS wins interim title... etc

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cain did not have a long enough reign to merit and immediate rematch in a fight that wasn't controversial. I hope it aint true...

The UFC have completely abandoned any notion of a ''sport'' and they've went the '''ah screw it whether it makes any sense we'll try and milk it'' mode to the fullest.

Barao,got destroyed,won a gimme fight,title shot
Condit,lost the title fight,then lost twice more in his next 4 fights,title shot
Gus,lost the title fight,won a gimme fight,got destroyed,title shot

And now,Cain...

Didn't fight for two years,came back,got absolutely stomped and he gets a title shot.

A complete and utter farce.

I doubt there's a less genuine and less artificial trophy than the UFC's title belt.Meaningless.

Last edited:
Gotta keep the streak alive of Cain fighting the same guy everytime

according to this logic; next one to get a title shot will be Anderson

whatever sells

according to this logic; next one to get a title shot will be Anderson

whatever sells

I can see it! Werdum beat Big Nog and AS trains with Nog.
So the bad blood is there.
Ohhhh:icon_chee

hopefully this is not true. Cain doesn't deserve a instant rematch, imo he needs at least 1-2 fights to prove he can stay healthy

Fuck this bullshit.

Cain got his ass handed to him fair and square.

This rematch would be absolute shit and nobody wants to see it.

MUCH better fights to make

Werdum vs ARLOVSKI

Seriously, what the fuck? AA comes back in beast mode, KOs 2 top 5 opponents (ok maybe Bigfoot was 6, but I think he might have been #5, whatever) and instead of getting the title shot he deserves over Werdum who he already BEAT he gets Frank fucking Mir?? WHY??!! This would have been a great fight...... in 2005. Ten motherfucking years ago. UFC matchmaking sucks ****.

or

Werdum vs FEDOR

no explanation needed.

Also better

Werdum vs Stipe

or

Werdum vs JDS

JDS KTFO Werdum already and has beaten literally every man he has ever faced in the UFC, even Cain (though he was thoroughly whooped in the trilogy fights)

still a better fight though.

Even Big Ben vs Werdum would be better than a useless rematch of a fight that just happened where the winner was clearly on a completely different level and fucking murder death killed Cain.

Joe Silva sucks at life.

Fuck this bullshit.

and if it is not true then fuck front row brian too.

I second this post. Exactly how I feel about it too. Fuck the ufc if true.

Back