Veggies

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Rebel_LioN, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Rebel_LioN

Rebel_LioN Red Belt

I'm a person who doesn't get enough servings of veggies or is really inconsistent with it in my diet. Naturally I don't enjoy eating it but I really want to incorporate it into my diet for strength training.

I would eat vegetables every other day but some days I completely skip it.
    My question is, are there any supplements or beverages (im tolerable with blended liquids) that I can substitute to get my full days serving?

2. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

i use this: True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

it is about as "flavorless" as you can get with a greens product. you could also go with some sort of greens in a capsule, but those will probably be more expensive. i mix these into my shakes that i take throughout the day as those are liquid meals are don't have veggies in them

3. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell Brown Belt

no no a million times no

while concentrated green supps in powder form can be highly beneficial
    and effective, there is still no substitute...

4. Envy

Envy Silver Belt

I have this stuff, and it tastes like horse flops. If the guy can't handle eating veggies, this is going to make him wretch. Biotest superfood and Greens + berry flavor are pretty decent in a shake, but if you're going that route, might as well just dump some spinach leaves in there, as they have little taste.

TS, the easiest way to get veggies is to make them a part of a dish. Diced veggies or spinach in your eggs is easy and tasty. Stir fry, fajitas, etc. again, easy and flavorful. Have fresh cruciferous veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers in the fridge for snacking. Use a dip mix with some low/free sour cream for negligible calories if you don't like them plain.

5. Rebel_LioN

Rebel_LioN Red Belt

hmmm okay i guess ima have to start gettin creative