vegetarian diet

bobthebuilder

Special Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What do you think about this? Anything I'm missing? I have had this diet for a few months now and feel fine.

Breakfast: two McDonalds Egg McMuffins with cheese
Lunch*: two greens, fair amount of carrot, two whole eggs, bean sprouts, rice, chillie sauce
Dinner: black beans (lots...bowl full...I cook them for 3 hours on a timer), broccoli (large amount here too), 1 green pepper, two other greens, ginger (not sure about weight, but about the 2/3 size of my fist), 1 tomato, 3 table spoons of olive oil (would reduce but otherwise the pan sticks), other vegetable goodness e.g. corriander and celery, 1 whole egg, vinegar, tabasco, ground black pepper corns, tomatoe ketchup.

I also eat...2000mg glucolamine sulphate, about 1g of dha+epa (from an algae source), 1 multivit. Sometimes I eat a load of Edam cheese before bed. I eat some sort of nut/cashew every day but irregularly. Every 1-2 days I eat a large bar of 65% coco chocolate (trying to cut this down..). I average 1-2 bananas a day as snacks.

*On my strength training day my lunch is: 9 inch pizza, baked spinage (large amount), potatos.

What do you think about this?

It sucks.

Mcdonalds and pizza? What do you expect to hear about it?

Anything I'm missing?

Meat, and intelligent breakfast choices.

One of these perhaps?
brain.jpg

It sucks. Plus why are you not eating meat or fish when your fine with eggs? I never get that.

Missing from a vegetarian diet? ... Really? ...

Simple solution:

Find a normal diet that suits your nutritional/caloric requirements that contains meat. Then substitute the meat for tofu/textured vegetable protein/Veggie patties/mock meat/facon or whatever other protein rich food source you can eat.

Since you said strength training day (singular) you can eat your pizza anyway. Make it your "cheat" day and the pizza won't hurt you. Hell, you could probably grab some McCancer on that day too, but ditch the McDonalds for breakfast everyday, that's just silly.

It sucks.

Mcdonalds and pizza? What do you expect to hear about it?

Meat, and intelligent breakfast choices.

One of these perhaps?
brain.jpg

Hi immovablestone, nice of you to drop by, always a pleasure. The little bit of white bread in the McMuffin is a killer? About the pizza have a little read of this: European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2004;advance online publication 12 May:1

It sucks. Plus why are you not eating meat or fish when your fine with eggs? I never get that.

You seriously think that the eggs I eat could turn into little chickens if I didn't eat them? I would eat fish eggs but I don't like them

Missing from a vegetarian diet? ... Really? ...

Simple solution:

Find a normal diet that suits your nutritional/caloric requirements that contains meat. Then substitute the meat for tofu/textured vegetable protein/Veggie patties/mock meat/facon or whatever other protein rich food source you can eat.

Since you said strength training day (singular) you can eat your pizza anyway. Make it your "cheat" day and the pizza won't hurt you. Hell, you could probably grab some McCancer on that day too, but ditch the McDonalds for breakfast everyday, that's just silly.

why "McCancer"?

Hi immovablestone, nice of you to drop by, always a pleasure. The little bit of white bread in the McMuffin is a killer? About the pizza have a little read of this: European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2004;advance online publication 12 May:1–4).

There is a whole lot of crap (preservatives etc) in those things and it would be really easy to get an alternative that would serve you better IMO

why "McCancer"?

Well that was probably a bit dramatic but look at all the crap in there... I don;t even know what half of it is...

There is a whole lot of crap (preservatives etc) in those things and it would be really easy to get an alternative that would serve you better IMO

Well that was probably a bit dramatic but look at all the crap in there... I don;t even know what half of it is...

That little bit of white bread is a nice little muffin of chemicals with nothing of any positive nutritive value whatsoever. Same with your fucking pizza crust.

Stop eating chemicals.

What about beef jerky, protein powders and sausages ? They all contain chemicals aka additives.

You seriously think that the eggs I eat could turn into little chickens if I didn't eat them? I would eat fish eggs but I don't like them

You seriously think the meat and fish you dont eat are gonna be let free instead of slaughtered and sold as food?

EDIT: For the record I have nothing against vegetarians (just personnally do not agree with it), I just don't see the point in doing it for "moral beliefs" or whatever if you don't go the whole shebang.

I've found that I don't mind subway's new line of breakfast foods. I get it on whole wheat bread.

It's under 350 calories considering I drink low cal gatorade or water with it instead of coffee.

I don't know if there's the same level of crap like mcdonalds, calories wise and taste wise (and price wise) I'm happier with subway if I can't make my own breakfast (running late etc).

So, I take it that ethically speaking you're a" pro-lifer" as you can't see the difference between murder and abortion?

Of course there's a difference, but (taking your comparison) if your ok eating babies while there still in the womb why be so against eating them once they're born.
It's stupid to compare eating an egg to abortion and eating meat to murder. As i'v said before not eating meat is not going to save the animal from being raised for food.
Anyways im just venting because iv never understood vegetarians taking up the moral ground and yet still eating eggs and stuff. Obviously you guys will have your own views and your entitled to them.

Last edited:
Of course there's a difference, but (taking your comparison) if your ok eating babies while there still in the womb why be so against eating them once they're born.
It's stupid to compare eating an egg to abortion and eating meat to murder. As i'v said before not eating meat is not going to save the animal from being raised for food.
Anyways im just venting because iv never understood vegetarians taking up the moral ground and yet still eating eggs and stuff. Obviously you guys will have your own views and your entitled to them.

The more vegetarians the less animals will be eaten and killed. One vegetarian will cause in his lifetime hundreds if not thousands of animals to be killed and eaten less then if he was not an vegetarian.

You can actually hatch quite few store bought eggs into chicks. Google it. YouTube it.

The more vegetarians the less animals will be eaten and killed. One vegetarian will cause in his lifetime hundreds if not thousands of animals to be killed and eaten less then if he was not an vegetarian.

No, if anything he'll stop that animal being born at all. People eat meat from animals which are bred solely to be killed and eaten. If it's for humane reasons whats so bad about eating a pastuered cow whos had a happy life grazing in the sun munching on grass up to the time it was killed?

Back