Vegas odds: -1600 favorite for Rhonda..and people claim she faces tough competition

D-RAIL

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If you really want to not be influenced by the zuffa garbage hype train just look at the odds. Has there ever been a larger favorite/underdog gap before a fight than last night?

Rogan basically said without saying that Bethe had no chance. They did not present Bethe as a serious threat to Ronda.

I can't remember the exact odds but GSP/Serra 1 was pretty high, unless I'm remembering wrong.

It was pretty well established by most (and the odds) that Bethe was not a tough test for her. With that said, you can't fault a fighter for having extremely high odds. It just speaks how far Ronda is ahead of the competition. That's not her fault - she's fighting the best in her weight class. A lot of these people that thinks her competition sucks are the same people that thought Zingano and McMann were going to give her tough fights.

What is the UFC supposed to do then? Throw out ads that say "Here is a challenger that has ZERO CHANCE!! Pay for this fight!!" C'mon...I don't understand the complaining about the "hype"...no one is forcing you to believe it. Who fvckin cares, honestly?

Rogan basically said without saying that Bethe had no chance. They did not present Bethe as a serious threat to Ronda.
Yes, but if there's one thing we've learned...even with a giant skill gap, if you fight your opponent with no respect and let them wing shots at your head, sooner or later you will end up getting Serra'd (or Weidman'd, or Henderson'd, or Buster Douglas'd) etc. It's happened to every dominant fighter.

Ronda's last opponents were 34-5. She faces tough competition. She just DOMINATES them that badly.

What is the UFC supposed to do then? Throw out ads that say "Here is a challenger that has ZERO CHANCE!! Pay for this fight!!" C'mon...I don't understand the complaining about the "hype"...no one is forcing you to believe it. Who fvckin cares, honestly?

Can't blame zuffa for selling bullshit. I blame the people dumb enough to buy into it.

Bethe was the weakest competition she has faced. They can't all be top of the line. There was no other fight to make. Every dominant champ has a few "well we'll try this" fights when there is no one else to fight.

Everybody knew the real odds were on whether Bethe could last over or under 30 seconds.

Can't blame zuffa for selling bullshit. I blame the people dumb enough to buy into it.

im suprised they don't go the Tyson way and just promote it for the real reason everyone watches it for in how long till rousey wins.

Back