Vegas Heart Attack Grill Founder: "My Food Will Kill You"

Mein Gott, it's a rl version of Grandad's ITIS restaurant.

Bringing the cremated remains of a life your food has taken is boss as fuck.

I've actually eaten there when it was in Tempe, before they moved to Vegas a few years back. They have a real blood pressure machine in there, they would wheel you out in a wheelchair if you can eat a triple and fries in one sitting. The burgers are so greasy it soaks through to the bun. They don't sell anything diet in the store. It's a great idea, you just can't eat there very often. Much better fit in a tourist town like Vegas.

Assuming they've lived long enough to procreate, then not really. They're still passing their fatty genes on.

Anyway, I like this guy. Some people want to eat shitty food and don't care; I say good for them. I can't stand the bullshit the news/pols are always trying to feed us (no pun intended), that we need to educate people more on food choices. People are fat because they don't know better. Bullshit! People are fat because a lot of tasty food is fattening. 99% of people know that. As this guy illustrates, educating your customers that this stuff is unhealthy doesn't keep them away.

I couldn't agree more. I still can't believe there's a law in NYC that prevents Adults from getting a large Soda. That literally blows my mind.

i like how they moved to vegas. i now have a food challenge to step up to.

Yes. I saw it on the travel channel. Now that they opened here, I have never went there. It actually got shut down by the health department.
So if you don't get a "heart attack", food poisoning might kill you.
It was on the local news, and the owner Dr. John, didn't want any part of the media.

I couldn't agree more. I still can't believe there's a law in NYC that prevents Adults from getting a large Soda. That literally blows my mind.

I've always maintained that junk food and soda should be taxed like booze and tobacco. None of that shit is essential to anyone's diet.

Thankfully it's not in effect at the moment, but Bloomie and his ilk will try to get it working again I'm sure. That type of thinking is so fucking stupid it's hard to fathom the type of mind that could support it.

I've always maintained that junk food and soda should be taxed like booze and tobacco. None of that shit is essential to anyone's diet.

Why the hell would you maintain that? Just because something is non-essential--whatever that means--it should be taxed now? Who decided it wasn't essential?

Guess we should institute a tax on visiting Sherdog. It's not essential to anything.

it's pretty messed up.
The gal interviewing looked stupid. She could have driven the ethical point home if she was a bit more critical with her questioning.

Either way, I can respect the owner's opinion. People have freedom, you know? They can choose whether or not to eat something terrible for you; this isn't the tobacco industry in the 80s or something. The information is out there, people that are 350lbs and eating that shit are just in denial.

Why the hell would you maintain that? Just because something is non-essential--whatever that means--it should be taxed now? Who decided it wasn't essential?

Guess we should institute a tax on visiting Sherdog. It's not essential to anything.

Is visiting Sherdog costing America billions of dollars each year?

Have to agree with Rex here, Breakage. Why would something determined 'non-essential' have to be taxed?

Have to agree with Rex here, Breakage. Why would something determined 'non-essential' have to be taxed?

He's referring to the negative externalities of the others' health decisions that affect everyone's insurance rates. In economics, this is equivalent to an increased tax rate

How Obamacare addresses this, I do not know..

It's bullshit really. These kind of people is the reason healthcare is so expensive.

He's referring to the negative externalities of the others' health decisions that affect everyone's insurance rates. In economics, this is equivalent to an increased tax rate

How Obamacare addresses this, I do not know..

I understand that, but I still agree with Rex. That's a huge slippery slope... Be careful of your freedoms. Thinking like this is trying to outlaw Tablesalt and large Soda's in NY. That's absurd. Even taxing it is absurd to me...

Is visiting Sherdog costing America billions of dollars each year?

Yes. Not Sherdog per se, but the internet, yes. There was a study released in the recent past that said that people browsing the internet for fun at work costs somethign like billions in lost productivity each year. That means our economy could be doing a lot better without all this waste. Guess our altruistic big brother should gently guide us with his unerring hand in the right direction.

You have to realize it's a slippery slope to allow the government to penalize you financially for choosing what to do with your body. Let the health risks be your punishment for eating poorly, or smoking, or skydiving. It's not government's job to protect you from yourself; that's your job.

In terms of people becoming sedentary because of Internet usage? Sure...

Lol, it's not even close to that. TV, videogames, plenty of activities that encourage you to sit on your ass for hours at a time have all been around for a while now. Obesity is becoming an epidemic because of shitty food. There's really no getting around it.

Yes. Not Sherdog per se, but the internet, yes. There was a study released in the recent past that said that people browsing the internet for fun at work costs somethign like billions in lost productivity each year. That means our economy could be doing a lot better without all this waste. Guess our altruistic big brother should gently guide us with his unerring hand in the right direction.

You have to realize it's a slippery slope to allow the government to penalize you financially for choosing what to do with your body. Let the health risks be your punishment for eating poorly, or smoking, or skydiving. It's not government's job to protect you from yourself; that's your job.

All of this...

Lol, it's not even close to that. TV, videogames, plenty of activities that encourage you to sit on your ass for hours at a time have all been around for a while now. Obesity is becoming an epidemic because of shitty food. There's really no getting around it.

Alcohol and Tobacco have not?

Yes. Not Sherdog per se, but the internet, yes. There was a study released in the recent past that said that people browsing the internet for fun at work costs somethign like billions in lost productivity each year. That means our economy could be doing a lot better without all this waste.

I don't pay higher costs for my health insurance beacause some dude is browsing reddit. It doesn't have as direct an effect on my life like people being treated for heart disease, surgeries, medication, ER visits, etc, etc.

When it starts to directly impact my life, then I absolutely think that something needs to be done to change it, or at least help to offset it. They already do it with alcohol and tobacco, I haven't seen that slippery slope you're talking about.

Back