"Vegan = Jail Time" - Crazy Conservative Lady

If the kid is suffering from malnutrition, you can punish the parent, but i think parents can feed children whatever they want as long as the child is healthy.

Kids need cholesterol, animal fats and fat soluble vitamins A and D for proper develpment of nervous system, strong bones, joints and connective tissue. A vegan diet is stupid for growing children.

Give your kids animal products and lots of vegetables and limit the processed foods.
Rip, Is their even one single important topic that you don't buy into the pseudoscience in?
Kids needing dietary cholesterol and animal fats is Paleo/WAPF gobsmack. There's no benefit to the retinal form of Vitamin A over plant sources of Vitamin A. And too much preformed Vitamin A can be way more dangerous than plant sources of Vitamin A. D is important but is found in limited meat sources compared to sunshine or fortified foods.

Having said that, a lot of the vegan diets guru claims promoted can be dangerous pseudoscience as well. Anyone that buys into fad diets and causes harm to their children should be prosecuted regardless of whether it includes animal products. I've read dozens of paleo forum accounts of parents harming their children by putting them on paleo diets as well as raw food diets. The WAPF promotes a dangerous baby formula that contains way too much iron and Vitamin A too. The sad part is they actually believe they're doing the best thing possible for their kids.

One more thing for Nick Diaz to be unfairly persecuted over.

Why do you want to try it?

Temporarily it's good. Like fasting. But you do need some cholesterol, fatty acids, fat soluble vitamins. Eventually total vegan will break you down IMO. I'm no nutritional expert though.
Dafaq? Since when our bodies need to be fed "cholesterol"?
Cholesterol is produced on our body from fat, and eating saturated fat from animals will raise your total cholesterol and "bad cholesterol" above healthy levels.
Omega 3 = flax seeds and chia seeds.
And the rest of vitamins... You do realize animals you eat get those vitamins from somewhere? It's fucking stupid to think that some vitamins exist only in an animal body.
You can get everything from a plant source, including B-12. It would be just easier and safer for a vegan to get his B-12 from a supplement.

I want to try going vegan over the next few months, but am finding it difficult to find any firm answers over what, specifically, I need to eat to meet my nutritional needs. Are there any resources you guys can recommend?
Well, if you want specifics, than you can just google "what do vegans eat to get X vitamin?"
As far as personal experience, I make sure I'm taking my B-12 supplement, involve flax and chia seeds in my diet, diversify with different kinds of vegetables and fruits, stuff I've never tried before.
Beans, lentils, whole grain breads, pasta, tortillas and more...
I have been a vegan for 3 years, never had a sign or symptom of some sort of deficiency.
I get my ideas from what to eat by simply watching others and their ideas.
Like these ones:

People feed their kids all sorts of awful shit. It's true though that vegan kid's don't develop properly and become small and weak.

It's processed foods not meat that kills us.

Look at the primitive eskimo diet. Nearly all animal products. They were very hardy and strong people. They didn't have the modern diseases that we see today.
That has nothing to do with their nutrition.

As a former vegan and a long-time vegetarian, I know firsthand that there are quite a few vegans that are not knowledgable about the proper way to feed their children a well-balanced diet. Their ignorance mostly stem from being vegan due to a political stance and quite a few of them wear pins on their jackets that say "Vegan".

With that said, I disagree with this potential law because why should meat eaters be exempt? Many carnivores raise their children on a poor diet with too much salt, fat and sugar, devoid of proper nutrients.

When I was a paramedic, we used to call some of the kids in the houses we would visit, "spaghetti children."

They'd be in their pajamas at 2pm, in a room with the blinds shut, eating nothing but plain white pasta. You could be in the house to pick up anyone, and the kids would be totally disinterested. It isn't a one off thing. It is a way of life for a lot of people.

Anyway, they were probably on a vegan diet. Spaghetti only.

You report them to children's services, but CS doesn't tell you what happened.

Rip, Is their even one single important topic that you don't buy into the pseudoscience in?
Kids needing dietary cholesterol and animal fats is Paleo/WAPF gobsmack. There's no benefit to the retinal form of Vitamin A over plant sources of Vitamin A. And too much preformed Vitamin A can be way more dangerous than plant sources of Vitamin A. D is important but is found in limited meat sources compared to sunshine or fortified foods.

Having said that, a lot of the vegan diets guru claims promoted can be dangerous pseudoscience as well. Anyone that buys into fad diets and causes harm to their children should be prosecuted regardless of whether it includes animal products. I've read dozens of paleo forum accounts of parents harming their children by putting them on paleo diets as well as raw food diets. The WAPF promotes a dangerous baby formula that contains way too much iron and Vitamin A too. The sad part is they actually believe they're doing the best thing possible for their kids.
Kid's do need cholesterol and animal fats, vit A and D. Yes they need it in moderation. But they need it. That's why vegan diets for children are stupid.

Dafaq? Since when our bodies need to be fed "cholesterol"?
Cholesterol is produced on our body from fat, and eating saturated fat from animals will raise your total cholesterol and "bad cholesterol" above healthy levels.
Omega 3 = flax seeds and chia seeds.
And the rest of vitamins... You do realize animals you eat get those vitamins from somewhere? It's fucking stupid to think that some vitamins exist only in an animal body.
You can get everything from a plant source, including B-12. It would be just easier and safer for a vegan to get his B-12 from a supplement.
Vegans typically take supplements, because they can't get what their body needs through their diet. Vegan diet is not ideal at all long term.

My gf is a bodybuilder / fitness competitor and the changes she's experienced have been shocking. I would probably say she's on steroids if I didn't know any better.

That + cruelty to animals + it's cheaper than eating meat.

If she had worse gains while having a mixed diet and improved after going vegan she just did something wrong before. Apart from what the scientific evidence says there's also the more simple fact that there's a reason almost all professional athletes are on mixed diets.

I'm going to get non emotional in this or act pedantic. I wont be getting into debates either because i do this topic weekly and i'm tired of it. I'm just going to add experience with a similar issue from the OP.

I had a vegan friend once, she has a child with autism non verbal and non responsive.
She began putting him on a different diet than her ABT put him on which was actually benefiting him because it contained animal products. She put him on a raw fruititarian diet for a few months and all his symptoms came back with a vengeance, he became malnourished, throwing feces which he had never done, developed anemia, and she currently does not have either of her kids as a result.

This is more common than you think unfortunately. Most vegans i have met literally do not understand that B12 is a mandatory requirement for health, among numerous other micronutrients out there. This includes vegans who have been in my physiology and nutrition courses. Their cognitive dissonance is mind blowing at times.

I'm going to get non emotional in this or act pedantic. I wont be getting into debates either because i do this topic weekly and i'm tired of it. I'm just going to add experience with a similar issue from the OP.

I had a vegan friend once, she has a child with autism non verbal and non responsive.
She began putting him on a different diet than her ABT put him on which was actually benefiting him because it contained animal products. She put him on a raw fruititarian diet for a few months and all his symptoms came back with a vengeance, he became malnourished, throwing feces which he had never done, developed anemia, and she currently does not have either of her kids as a result.

This is more common than you think unfortunately. Most vegans i have met literally do not understand that B12 is a mandatory requirement for health, among numerous other micronutrients out there. This includes vegans who have been in my physiology and nutrition courses. Their cognitive dissonance is mind blowing at times.

Raw fruititarian diet, as in purely fruit and little to nothing else? So in other words pure carbs, very low fat, low protein, low sodium, vitamins & minerals as well I'm guessing?
Sounds retarded, the low fat over an extended period of time is already going to screw with the hormones.

I remember hearing about some vegans that spread their crap to their cats. Given that cats are carnivores and don't process carbs well, that nonsense borders animal abuse.

Yeah he ate largely bananas and strawberries. Oranges when he got "fussy".

Back