"Vegan = Jail Time" - Crazy Conservative Lady

Went vegan and couldn't win a fight imo. Okay I just looked it up and he was vegan 2 years before Ultimate Fighter. I should have gone with Fitch.

I had no idea Fitch was vegan. The Diaz bros are vegan, no?

I had no idea Fitch was vegan. The Diaz bros are vegan, no?
Don't know but they seem like it. There are definitely some space cases out there who are hurting themselves or their kids with weird diets, but I bet there a lot more messing their kids up with sugar and fat.

Don't know but they seem like it. There are definitely some space cases out there who are hurting themselves or their kids with weird diets, but I bet there a lot more messing their kids up with sugar and fat.

I just looked up an interview where Fitch talks about his diet and he marvels that Jake Shields, who apparently has never eaten meat in his life, is the strongest welterweight he's ever tangled with. And Fitch has tangled with some strong guys.

omega 3s are much harder to come by. there is some in flaxseeds, but not much. almost always has to come from some sort of supplement for vegans.
Yep. This is where I found myself standing apart from most vegans when I was still an ovolacto. Some of them were just so militant about it, and it was just so irritating because they weren't interested in the fact that their opinion was scientifically incorrect; it was motivated purely by animal rights politics. While that was also my primary motivation I wasn't going to sacrifice optimal nutrition just to conform to such a militant outlook, especially when there was utterly no sound moral argument against means of procuring these nutritional sources from animals.

A chicken doesn't suffer abuse to lay an egg. That isn't abuse. It's how you manage that farming where you determine your moral character.

home-in-line-image-3.png

I hadnt seen anything saying bioavalibility of A is affected by source. maybe someone has done a study i didnt see. Many vegetables have massive amounts of vitamin A in them though, especially sweet potatoes.

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/

omega 3s are much harder to come by. there is some in flaxseeds, but not much. almost always has to come from some sort of supplement for vegans.

Yep. This is where I found myself standing apart from most vegans when I was still an ovolacto. Some of them were just so militant about it, and it was just so irritating because they weren't interested in the fact that their opinion was scientifically incorrect; it was motivated purely by animal rights politics. While that was also my primary motivation I wasn't going to sacrifice optimal nutrition just to conform to such a militant outlook, especially when there was utterly no sound moral argument against means of procuring these nutritional sources from animals.

A chicken doesn't suffer abuse to lay an egg. That isn't abuse. It's how you manage that farming where you determine your moral character.

I want to try going vegan over the next few months, but am finding it difficult to find any firm answers over what, specifically, I need to eat to meet my nutritional needs. Are there any resources you guys can recommend?

I want to try going vegan over the next few months, but am finding it difficult to find any firm answers over what, specifically, I need to eat to meet my nutritional needs. Are there any resources you guys can recommend?
Why do you want to try it?

Temporarily it's good. Like fasting. But you do need some cholesterol, fatty acids, fat soluble vitamins. Eventually total vegan will break you down IMO. I'm no nutritional expert though.

It sounds crazy, as I don't think the government should put people in jail for what they feed their kids, but veganism can lead to nutritional deficiencies if people aren't careful. It is very important that people practicing veganism get all of the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals their body needs.

Unlike meat inclusive diets, vegans have to pair certain foods to ensure they're getting proper nutrients. Now I'm sure there are vegan parents who may know what they're doing, but many probably don't, and a nutritional deficiency may be on the horizon for their kid.

I personally do not think infants or small children should be on vegan or even vegetarian diets. Infants need fat to ensure proper neural development, so restricting it in infants or even young children would do more harm than good. Animals and milk are great sources of fat, so you are taking a risk in restricting these foods.

all well and good, but don't you find it a little silly to even be entertaining the idea of the dangers of veganism when the #1 killer in america is heart disease from our high meat / fat / grease diets. we have an actual obesity EPIDEMIC, we are so groslsy fat and unhealthy. specifically with our fat fuck kids, it's been the primary issue for the first lady of the united states to tackle, so it's not a joke.

i just find it funny people are now worried a kid might be a vegan when he's far more likely to be a fat fuck scarfing down burgers but getting a pat on the ass for "being a man" because he eats meat.

Why do you want to try it?

My gf is a bodybuilder / fitness competitor and the changes she's experienced have been shocking. I would probably say she's on steroids if I didn't know any better.

That + cruelty to animals + it's cheaper than eating meat.

all well and good, but don't you find it a little silly to even be entertaining the idea of the dangers of veganism when the #1 killer in america is heart disease from our high meat / fat / grease diets. we have an actual obesity EPIDEMIC, we are so groslsy fat and unhealthy. specifically with our fat fuck kids, it's been the primary issue for the first lady of the united states to tackle, so it's not a joke.

i just find it funny people are now worried a kid might be a vegan when he's far more likely to be a fat fuck scarfing down burgers but getting a pat on the ass for "being a man" because he eats meat.
It's processed foods not meat that kills us.

Look at the primitive eskimo diet. Nearly all animal products. They were very hardy and strong people. They didn't have the modern diseases that we see today.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gf is a bodybuilder / fitness competitor and the changes she's experienced have been shocking. I would probably say she's on steroids if I didn't know any better.

That + cruelty to animals + it's cheaper than eating meat.
Ok.

True, but there are many countries where people consume meat, cheese, fish, and eggs on a daily basis that aren't fat fucks. It's not like the Italians, French, Spanish and Greeks avoid eating these things. So I'm not sure veganism is the answer for our obesity epidemic.

I do get what you're saying though; the worry seems misplaced in the context of our current epidemic of unhealthy and obese people in our country.

True, but there are many countries where people consume meat, cheese, fish, and eggs on a daily basis that aren't fat fucks. It's not like the Italians, French, Spanish and Greeks avoid eating these things. So I'm not sure veganism is the answer for our obesity epidemic.

I do get what you're saying though; the worry seems misplaced in the context of our current epidemic of unhealthy and obese people in our country.

I don't disagree with the premise that veganism lacks a balanced diet, nor do I think it's an answer either. And I have read Europe is getting fatter too.

As a whole though, they just eat less than we do. That's probably our biggest flaw as Americans. And we definitely consume too much sugar. When I eradicated sugar from my diet I lost like 20 pounds in a month.

I'd encourage people to try a vegan meal once a week just to try it. Veganism does have the label of being a pussy, but there's a lot of benefits both health wise And environmentally to try to include it a little.

I don't disagree with the premise that veganism lacks a balanced diet, nor do I think it's an answer either. And I have read Europe is getting fatter too.

As a whole though, they just eat less than we do. That's probably our biggest flaw as Americans. And we definitely consume too much sugar. When I eradicated sugar from my diet I lost like 20 pounds in a month.

I'd encourage people to try a vegan meal once a week just to try it. Veganism does have the label of being a pussy, but there's a lot of benefits both health wise And environmentally to try to include it a little.
Vegan once a week might not be a bad thing. It's probably good.

Its possible to have good nutrition, it just requires supplementation. I dont do it because I enjoy eating tasty animals. If people arent feeding their kids, then their kids should be taken away.

Do you already have a nutritional profile that you keep track of? if so just look at what you are getting from meats and find an alternative that is vegan. B12 and omega 3s are the ones I know can be tough to get. There could be more, im not vegan so i can say if there are more.

if you can get a b12 shot, they are really great. I recommend them to anyone.

Indoctrinating your kids to be strict vegans is wrong the conservative woman has a point.

Teach the kids about the bennefits of a healthy diet but making it a point not feed them any meat products is ridiculous.

Like she said its like a religion to others and yeah I hate religious mentallity.

Back