"Vegan = Jail Time" - Crazy Conservative Lady

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crazy Conservatives in Italy

Parents Who Feed Kids a Vegan Diet May Risk Jail in Italy Under New Law

Savino, from the conservative Forza Italia party, has put forward a law that would hold parents legally responsible for feeding their children on "a diet devoid of elements essential for healthy and balanced growth," according to its text.

"I just find it absurd that some parents are allowed to impose their will on children in an almost fanatical, religious way, often without proper scientific knowledge or medical consultation," she said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...d-kids-vegan-diet-may-risk-jail-italy-n627986

You can tell shes a fucking bitchy lunatic judging by the way she looks.

l43-liste-elvira-savino-130123142445_big.jpg

elvira_savino_pdl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, she's right about ignorance among vegans, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to charge the parents after their kids show signs of malnutrition? You know...the way we do it with omnivores of all stripes who hold some fad notion of healthy nutrition that they impose on their children?

Otherwise you're grouping the intelligent vegans in with the ignorant vegans. The intelligent vegetarians (not specifically vegans) are most likely the future of our food industry.

It sounds crazy, as I don't think the government should put people in jail for what they feed their kids, but veganism can lead to nutritional deficiencies if people aren't careful. It is very important that people practicing veganism get all of the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals their body needs.

Unlike meat inclusive diets, vegans have to pair certain foods to ensure they're getting proper nutrients. Now I'm sure there are vegan parents who may know what they're doing, but many probably don't, and a nutritional deficiency may be on the horizon for their kid.

I personally do not think infants or small children should be on vegan or even vegetarian diets. Infants need fat to ensure proper neural development, so restricting it in infants or even young children would do more harm than good. Animals and milk are great sources of fat, so you are taking a risk in restricting these foods.

Kids need cholesterol, animal fats and fat soluble vitamins A and D for proper develpment of nervous system, strong bones, joints and connective tissue. A vegan diet is stupid for growing children.

Give your kids animal products and lots of vegetables and limit the processed foods.

Kids need cholesterol, animal fats and fat soluble vitamins A and D for proper develpment of nervous system, strong bones, joints and connective tissue. A vegan diet is stupid for growing children.

Damn...that's....exactly correct.

Last month in the northern city of Milan, doctors determined that a one-year-old boy who was taken to a hospital had the weight of a three-month-old because of a vegan diet.http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...7680948d213944f26fc6.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

In 2015, an Italian court ordered a divorced mother to stop raising her 12-year-old son on a vegan diet after the boy's father filed a complaint that it was stunting his growth.

It is child abuse.
Children's dietary needs are crucial.

Well, she's right about ignorance among vegans, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to charge the parents after their kids show signs of malnutrition? You know...the way we do it with omnivores of all stripes who hold some fad notion of healthy nutrition that they impose on their children?

Otherwise you're grouping the intelligent vegans in with the ignorant vegans. The intelligent vegetarians (not specifically vegans) are most likely the future of our food industry.
As a vegetarian I support this post

Give your kids animal products and lots of vegetables and limit the processed foods.

Vitamin A is very easy to get from vegetables. D usually requires buying fortified foods. Its not hard to make an perfectly fine vegan diet, but a lot of people are morons and screw it up. Just like with non vegan nutrition.

I have no issue with people who cannot feed their kids, vegan or otherwise, being charged.

Vitamin A is very easy to get from vegetables. D usually requires buying fortified foods. Its not hard to make an perfectly fine vegan diet, but a lot of people are morons and screw it up. Just like with non vegan nutrition.

I have no issue with people who cannot feed their kids, vegan or otherwise, being charged.
I think the Vitamin A in vegetables is not as readily used as it is in animal products. Same with Omega 3 fatty acids. Your body has to go through more conversions if I remember correctly from what I read.

And people say vegans force their lifestyle on others.

I think the Vitamin A in vegetables is not as readily used as it is in animal products. Same with Omega 3 fatty acids. Your body has to go through more conversions if I remember correctly from what I read.

I hadnt seen anything saying bioavalibility of A is affected by source. maybe someone has done a study i didnt see. Many vegetables have massive amounts of vitamin A in them though, especially sweet potatoes.

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/

omega 3s are much harder to come by. there is some in flaxseeds, but not much. almost always has to come from some sort of supplement for vegans.

I'd feed her the meat.
lol so cheap but you got me.

I don't know enough about veganism to say, but our bodies are really adaptive to different diets, and it seems hard to precog this one. If the kids start crumbling like Mac Danzig, then yeah, we've got a problem. Why no emphasis on parents who let their kids get fat?

Crazy Conservatives in Italy

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...d-kids-vegan-diet-may-risk-jail-italy-n627986

You can tell shes a fucking bitchy lunatic judging by the way she looks.

l43-liste-elvira-savino-130123142445_big.jpg

elvira_savino_pdl.jpg

Wow. When you look like this it takes effort to look unphotogenic.

I've been looking for signs of conservative / corporate pushback against the anti- animal husbandry pollution movement. I one day expect to see conservatives attacking that movement as strongly as they now attack climate change, but this doesn't fit what I was imagining. Though maybe it'll start in Europe because of the UN.

lol so cheap but you got me.

I don't know enough about veganism to say, but our bodies are really adaptive to different diets, and it seems hard to precog this one. If the kids start crumbling like Mac Danzig, then yeah, we've got a problem. Why no emphasis on parents who let their kids get fat?

What happened to Mac Danzig?

What happened to Mac Danzig?
Went vegan and couldn't win a fight imo. Okay I just looked it up and he was vegan 2 years before Ultimate Fighter. I should have gone with Fitch.

Back