"Vegan = Jail Time" - Crazy Conservative Lady

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Queen B, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Queen B

Queen B Yellow Card Yellow Card

Crazy Conservatives in Italy

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...d-kids-vegan-diet-may-risk-jail-italy-n627986

You can tell shes a fucking bitchy lunatic judging by the way she looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

Doesn't look like she has kids lol.

3. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah

4. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Well, she's right about ignorance among vegans, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to charge the parents after their kids show signs of malnutrition? You know...the way we do it with omnivores of all stripes who hold some fad notion of healthy nutrition that they impose on their children?

Otherwise you're grouping the intelligent vegans in with the ignorant vegans. The intelligent vegetarians (not specifically vegans) are most likely the future of our food industry.

5. Dayman1984

Dayman1984 Purple Belt Platinum Member

It sounds crazy, as I don't think the government should put people in jail for what they feed their kids, but veganism can lead to nutritional deficiencies if people aren't careful. It is very important that people practicing veganism get all of the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals their body needs.

Unlike meat inclusive diets, vegans have to pair certain foods to ensure they're getting proper nutrients. Now I'm sure there are vegan parents who may know what they're doing, but many probably don't, and a nutritional deficiency may be on the horizon for their kid.

I personally do not think infants or small children should be on vegan or even vegetarian diets. Infants need fat to ensure proper neural development, so restricting it in infants or even young children would do more harm than good. Animals and milk are great sources of fat, so you are taking a risk in restricting these foods.

6. milliniar

milliniar Who needs a belt?

I'd feed her the meat.

7. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Kids need cholesterol, animal fats and fat soluble vitamins A and D for proper develpment of nervous system, strong bones, joints and connective tissue. A vegan diet is stupid for growing children.

Give your kids animal products and lots of vegetables and limit the processed foods.

8. Dayman1984

Dayman1984 Purple Belt Platinum Member

Damn...that's....exactly correct.

9. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Gold Belt

It is child abuse.
    Children's dietary needs are crucial.

ripskater likes this.
  10. ripskater

ripskater Guest

thanks

11. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Sheriff of Sherfront

As a vegetarian I support this post

12. ripskater

ripskater Guest

That's an idiot parent. Babies are supposed to be drinking breast milk and not become vegans at birth. Idiots.

Badger67 likes this.
  13. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

Vitamin A is very easy to get from vegetables. D usually requires buying fortified foods. Its not hard to make an perfectly fine vegan diet, but a lot of people are morons and screw it up. Just like with non vegan nutrition.

I have no issue with people who cannot feed their kids, vegan or otherwise, being charged.

SongXIII likes this.
  14. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I think the Vitamin A in vegetables is not as readily used as it is in animal products. Same with Omega 3 fatty acids. Your body has to go through more conversions if I remember correctly from what I read.

15. Girdeux

Girdeux White Belt

And people say vegans force their lifestyle on others.

Slippery Kantus likes this.
  16. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

I hadnt seen anything saying bioavalibility of A is affected by source. maybe someone has done a study i didnt see. Many vegetables have massive amounts of vitamin A in them though, especially sweet potatoes.

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/

omega 3s are much harder to come by. there is some in flaxseeds, but not much. almost always has to come from some sort of supplement for vegans.

17. Fawlty

Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

lol so cheap but you got me.

I don't know enough about veganism to say, but our bodies are really adaptive to different diets, and it seems hard to precog this one. If the kids start crumbling like Mac Danzig, then yeah, we've got a problem. Why no emphasis on parents who let their kids get fat?

18. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Wow. When you look like this it takes effort to look unphotogenic.

I've been looking for signs of conservative / corporate pushback against the anti- animal husbandry pollution movement. I one day expect to see conservatives attacking that movement as strongly as they now attack climate change, but this doesn't fit what I was imagining. Though maybe it'll start in Europe because of the UN.

19. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

What happened to Mac Danzig?

20. Fawlty

Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

Went vegan and couldn't win a fight imo. Okay I just looked it up and he was vegan 2 years before Ultimate Fighter. I should have gone with Fitch.