Vector's log

Vector_X

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello All,

I thought it would be interesting to post my training log up for everyone to see. I

Nutrition:

Breakfast
2 cups of Plain Organic Yogurt with 1 tspn or honey and 1 cup of Blueberries
16 oz. or Coffee black

Lunch
2 cups of Quiona, 1/4 red pepper, carrorts, celery, walnuts, and chickpeas with an apple vinegar/orange dressing
3 cups organic lettuce mix, 1 tspn or homemade mango vinegrette dressing
1 Golden Delicious Apple
By lunch I have consumed 1 Liter of Water

Snack
2 Scoops of EAS Chocolate Whey Protein Powder with 8 oz of wter

Dinner
Big peanut butter & jelly

Snack
1 Scoop EAS Whey Protein Powder with Milk. 3 Tbspn Plain Vanilla Yogurt. 2 Handfuls of Blueberries.

Last edited:
Well tonight was a little irregular since our typical instructor wasn't teaching it. We did our typical class warmups for around 15 minutes and then moved into drills. Class was doing mostly transitions when your opponent manages to pass your closed guard and centered mainly around securing the underhook and either doing a sweep from a halfguard or taking the back depending on which leg your opponent uses to pass the leg. It was of course useful because getting a reactionary flow is important if you play an active guard.

After this we did rolling and I went 5 rounds. I focused primarily on working an open guard if on bottom and then working on breaking and passing guard when on top.

I didn't get to make it to the gym this morning but I think I'll get there tonight so I'm not too worried about it. I'm dragging a little, which is typical for a tuesday, but ohh well.

Nutrition:

Breakfast
16 oz. or Coffee black

Lunch
2 cups of Quiona, 1/4 red pepper, carrorts, celery, walnuts, and chickpeas with an apple vinegar/orange dressing
3 cups organic lettuce mix, 1 tspn or homemade mango vinegrette dressing
Venti Iced Coffee from Starbucks black
I've drank a little over 1 liter of water now.

Snack
1 Tbspn of Peanut Butter (I forgot my protein shake at home)

Dinner
1 large bowl of cabbage, ham, yellow pepper, tomatoe soup with 2 handfuls of crackers
I'm at right around 1.5 liters or water now.

Post Workout
2 Scoops EAS protein shake

Last edited:
Well I started a fresh cycle and it was a little rough. I didn't sleep last night and worked about a 9 hour day so this was more of a forced workout because I need to stay consistent. I tend lift in the mornings because it helps ramp me up through the day instead of dragging into it after a long ass day of meetings. So here we go:

Weight: 170lbs @ 8:00 PM (this will change when I start going in the morning so as far as a baseline I don't know how useful it really is)

Max lift - I worked up to this a little bit and this is when I could tell it was going to be rough
Incline barbell bench 135x5x2

Normal lift
Flat dumbbell bench 100(50x2)x8x4
Seated cable row 42.5x15x4
Rope pulls to throat 50x12x3
Weighted abdominal crunch 70x15x4

Supplements: I'm not on anything. I might go on a multivitamin but at the moment I'm on nothing.

Note: I'm coming of a horrendous injury that occured last October. I had a major blood vessel rupture in my abdomen that was surgically repaired and then became infected with a necrotic bacteria. Because of this the surgeons had to cut out a large portion of my inner fascia so my abdominals now just float instead of being connected. I have a scar down the center of my stomach that is probably about 8 inches long by about 1-1.5 inches thick and it looks rather gnarly. This has caused some major changes in not only my jiujitsu game but obviously my core strength in general.

Last edited:
I decided to start taking fish oil and a multivitamin just because. I'm using the Costco brand ones since im a cheap bastard. As I'm sure some of you can tell my diet doesn't vary much but I'm almost out of yogurt for the week so cereal will be next!

Nutrition:

Breakfast
16 oz. or Coffee black

Lunch
1 Guacamole Steakburger, Cheese Fries, and a double fudge chocolate milkshake - I think it's safe to say that we can just take this day as a wash...

Dinner
2 cups of Quiona, 1/4 red pepper, carrorts, celery, walnuts, and chickpeas with an apple vinegar/orange dressing - I finished up the quiona dish so now i will move onto the cabbage soup from dinner that I had yesterday. I'm feeling it for eating steaknshake but there are a crap ton of people in town for a big conference tomorrow.

Last edited:
alright so a summary of what we did in class tonight. We did our typical warmups for about 15-20 minutes. Then we went over a choke from side control where you put your arm under the head other arm across the throat and sprawl out and up. Then we did a man in the middle where you are in the middle and get a fresh opponent every minute. That is always a good workout because when your the guy in the middle you have to learn to pace yourself and when you are on the outside it teaches you to not be too idle and to really explode into what you need to get done. One of the big guys at our gym, about 280-290, dropped a neck crank into my already not great neck and now im hurting a bit. I figure I'll ice it and take some pain killers and see where that takes me.

I'm at an all day conference today so I'm not going to get to workout. It starts at 8AM and I should get back at around 11PM so it's going to be a long day. I'll post up my intake this evening when I get back. I'm still sore as shit from getting hit with a neck crank, but i'll live.

I'm still really hurting so I decided to take 1 week off that started last thursday so I'll pick this up after class on Friday, but right now I need to get this injury healed because it is rather unpleasant at the moment

So about the whole take a week off thing...yea I went ahead did 25 miles on a bike in an hour.

Alright, so the week off helped pretty well. I'm still far from 100% id say about 60% especially in terms of BJJ since so much has to do with explosiveness and good posture and a hurt neck makes that a real bitch. I'll start lifting again tonight then hopefully just fall back into my routine like normal.

Well after coming back off this injury I can tell the shoulder is nowhere near 100%, but atleast it and the neck aren't making it impossible. Here are the results.

Incline bench 115x6x3
Seated barbell bicep curl 80x8x3
Standing tricep cable pulldown 50x10x4
lat pulldown 50x10x4
leg raises 15x3
flat dumbbell fly(arms straight) 20x15x3

Feel: it felt alright but i can tell the my shoulder and neck on my leftside still are causing problems.

Back