Vbulletin Sherdog was superior to the xenforo format

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
A few years ago, sherdog changed the forum format from vbulletin to xenforo. VB was super old school and it just had the classic forum feel. Vbookie was so much better then the new bookie thing. We had custom belts and the website loaded so much faster.

This xenforo bullshit is modeled off of modern social media with likes/following certain users. Posters were more known for post count, join date and quality posts. Now someone can say tree fiddy, a KO gif of a popular fighter, or just some other cliche bullshit and get likes. It is fucking stupid. Half the reason I have used sherdog over the years was to be in a social forum environment, not some dick waving contest.

Bring back V bulletin!

I just hope they fix the current problems.

Wtf is going with this place lately.

A few years ago, sherdog changed the forum format from vbulletin to xenforo. VB was super old school and it just had the classic forum feel. Vbookie was so much better then the new bookie thing. We had custom belts and the website loaded so much faster.

This xenforo bullshit is modeled off of modern social media with likes/following certain users. Posters were more known for post count, join date and quality posts. Now someone can say tree fiddy, a KO gif of a popular fighter, or just some other cliche bullshit and get likes. It is fucking stupid. Half the reason I have used sherdog over the years was to be in a social forum environment, not some dick waving contest.

Bring back V bulletin!
This

The old vbulletin is dope, new iterations suck

They're actually posting how many followers a fighter has in thread titles in the heavies. Makes me puke

This version of Sherdog is the best yet.

Don't be one of those fuddy duddies that can't handle change.

It’s much easier posting forms of media in threads n shit.

Followers were always there but just as friends you add.

I miss the posts per day number that was on your profile page when you went there, and when you looked at threads you created going via your profile, it showed how views it had too which was cool and both those aren’t here now.

Nostalgia always got me missing the old forums but it would be strange to switch back after using this for years.

Bring back V bulletin!
<PlusJuan>

Remember when you couldn't copy/paste a picture from anywhere, and there wasn't even a button to automatically tag its URL with the proper code to post it?

Fuck vBulletin.

I just hope they fix the current problems.

Wtf is going with this place lately.

Lol. It's hideous and suddenly many subforums don't show up. The textbars are acting demickey when I sign in. I must say Sherdog lost its appeal.

Gotta give it to 4chan for sticking to its roots all this time!

New layout looks like garbage but is much easier to use. It's like dating a 4/10 that'll let you do anal.

i dont mind it. This style is easier to read (mid 20s so dnt call me a boomer). yes, u can get 20k likes by posting pics of shooped koed fghtrs (fighter bashing, no?), but posts feel realer.

From and administrative standpoint, vB is better.

But I do like the user functions more on this software. It's nice being able to copy and paste pics and gifs right into the reply box now. I also like having notifications.

"Like" feature is a feature that can be turned on and off, and was turned off for a day not long after we implemented this software and so many people complained about it, we brought it back.

Last edited:
I wasn't here during the vBulletin days, but I do lurk/post in a forum that still uses an old software that looks straight from the mid 2000s. I think forum UI has improved markedly since their beginning, and while change can be annoying (I bitch every time the UI changes for anything; see Google Chrome) it is very aggravating to use a forum in this day and age that doesn't have a mobile version and doesn't allow copy+paste images and other features that I take for granted browsing modern forums.

There's definitely some things that I miss from the old system such as the larger av's and custom belts. As @TeTe mentioned from an Admin standpoint, the control panel on vbulletin was a lot less strict than it is here.

This software however is way more user friendly, embeds media from way more sites with just a simple copy & paste, loads better, and has a lot of great extra features, both of them have their pros and cons.

Wait I can copy and paste pics right into the reply box and not use the picture icon thing?

Back