Vasyl Lomachenko

CoolPotato

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The greatest amateur of the last ten years is about to become pro and he's already being hyped.

I haven't seen much of him but is he truly legit?

Kid is a monster! Fights on the JMM vs Bradley undercard. He will be a champion in less then 10 pro fights, I promise u!

Kid is a monster! Fights on the JMM vs Bradley undercard. He will be a champion in less then 10 pro fights, I promise u!

Yeah very good fighter!!! I think he should make some exciting fights, He only lost 1 fight in amateurs out of like 400+

He was a great amateur won 2 golds but never know about the transition to paid ranks, also he's being matched fairly tough for a debut and seems to want to test the top of the division asap

Yes, he is most certainly legit. he could have a bit more power and I will be interested in seeing how he translates to a pro style with more sitting on the punches.

Given who he picked as a debut fight, i'd say he's angling for the Rigondeaux fast-track-to-championship road

He could fight for a title in just his 4th or 5th fight from what I've read.

And that 400-1 amateur record is most certainly bullshit. I'd bet anything he had losses when he was an unknown.

I'm not as high on him as others are. While he should be a top fighter and likely a champion, I'm still reserving judgement until we see him against a great backfoot boxer, or a bona fide puncher.

I've seen a bit of him on youtube and thought he looked like his style would be exciting for the pros. He even brought it and engaged aggressively in the amateurs. Hopefully his fights will be available in the states.

Way to start your career, 10 rounds and against someone with a good record (on paper at least, haven't seen this Jose Ramirez).

Back