News Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jamaine Ortiz set for October 29 (ESPN+)

the catch phrases ESPN comes up with are so fucking annoying it hurts my brain.

but let's be honest here. the man's fought nothing but champions and contenders his entire career, he can have a showcase fight after fighting in a fucking war for 6 months.

especially if haney grows a pair and fights him after he dismantles kambosos again. haney lomachenko is a mouth watering fight for any fan of technical fighters.

only if Haney doesnt hold on for 2 consecutive rounds at the end like he did with Linares.

Let's look at The Ring's current Top 10 at lightweight (11 including the champ).

C) Haney - Just fought. Is locked into an immediate rematch next with Kambosos.
1) Kambosos - See above.
2) Lopez - Just fought. Wouldn't give Loma a rematch before anyway.
3) Lomachenko - He can't fight himself.
4) Tank - Just fought. Floyd also isn't putting him in there with Loma anytime soon.
5) Garcia - Just fought. Oscar also isn't putting him in there with Loma anytime soon.
6) Cruz - Already has a fight scheduled for September 4th.
7) JoJo Diaz - Just lost his last fight to Haney.
8) Commey - Loma just beat him in his last fight.
9) William Zepeda - Just fought a few months ago. Despite being highly rated here by The Ring BoxRec disagrees and has him ranked No. 20 (which is lower than Ortiz).
10) Frank Martin - Just fought last month and is ranked much lower than Ortiz by BoxRec at No. 33.
https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=281

Ortiz is rated No. 11, an undefeated fringe contender, and was probably the highest rated available opponent for Loma to fight.

Plus William Zepeda and Jojo are fighting in November.

only if Haney doesnt hold on for 2 consecutive rounds at the end like he did with Linares.
lomachenko isn't the kind of fighter you can easily hold on to, though. i don't think there's much of a chance for that happening, to be honest. it's unfortunately far more likely that haney simply doesn't fight him.

The TBRB has Ortiz rated No. 9. That's essentially what Nakatani was rated when Loma beat him. He was at the bottom of the Top 10 as well. This isn't a very good fight but it's also not the worst. Better opponents likely weren't available (as I covered the entire Top 10 earlier).
ortiz.png

https://tbrb.org/rankings

Who the crappity crap is Gustavo Lemons?

Who the crappity crap is Gustavo Lemons?
He stopped Lee Selby earlier this year. Outside of that I got nothin.
But boxrec has him at #6 in the division as well as TRBR, so apparently he's decent enough.

BoxingScene.com has also learned that two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist Robeisy Ramirez (10-1) will take up a step up in class in a fight that may potentially land as the co-featured bout of the evening - although there is a possibility that it may head to another date. Standing across the ring from him will be former super bantamweight champion Jessie Magdaleno (29-1).

Loma's legacy will be interesting. I think he's low key wasting his career. One of hte most exciting fighters of his era, but hasn't had any career defining wins yet and he's not young.

He has had career defining losses though unfortunately.. and he has probably single handedly written in stone for all to see, the rule that amature boxing doesn't count for shit in the pros.

Still love that style though

Ortiz is rated No. 11, an undefeated fringe contender, and was probably the highest rated available opponent for Loma to fight.

I won't criticise him if that's the best fight he could have made. For once in your life you might have made a reasonable point.

As a warm up fight, this is fine. It will show us what inactivity has done to him (if anything). I don't know a whole lot about Ortiz, but i don't think there's a person alive who wouldn't train the hardest they'd ever trained if they were getting the opportunity to face Loma. So I'm expecting a good fight, that will show us where Loma is currently residing at.

Why would a 34-year-old guy with over 400 fights need a tune up ? He's not gonna forget how to box after 8 months. It's ridiculous and a waste of time.

...dude was literally fighting a war past year lmfao

BoxingScene.com has also learned that two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist Robeisy Ramirez (10-1) will take up a step up in class in a fight that may potentially land as the co-featured bout of the evening - although there is a possibility that it may head to another date. Standing across the ring from him will be former super bantamweight champion Jessie Magdaleno (29-1).
I like that robiesy was one of my favs in WSB
Jessie is far from great
but he is a gritty pro vet with respectable power and experience with some tough hombres

this could easily go sideways for Ramirez

OK fight. Don't mind it as long as Loma/Haney or Loma/Shakur happen.

Oh shit,
More build up vids doing math problems between spars!
Well he be pulling his opponent into the matrix?
After downloading data in the first few rounds ofc.
Am I missing something?
Oh right..PAPACHENKO!
I know ridiculous right? You'd think the guy has just spent the last few months fighting on the frontlines of the biggest war on European soil in over half a century or something!

I know ridiculous right? You'd think the guy has just spent the last few months fighting on the frontlines of the biggest war on European soil in over half a century or something!

Exactly. You'd think people would cut the guy some slack but no, and even if he'd just come back from holiday this is still one of the best opponents they could get as everyone else is fighting someone already.

Last edited:
Huh?
I’m just making a joke about his gimmick/weird routines.

Exactly. You'd think people would cut the guy some slack but no, and even if he'd just come back from holiday this is still one of the best opponents they could get as everyone else is fighting someone already.
jeez, party pooping white knights all over. Never said he was a bad fella.

Considering you and Roids were the two being douche canoes that should tell you everything.
I am not and have never been a benavedez fan. Neither of them.

Huh?? Play dumb. Great defence ;)
playing dumb about what? Defence?
Say it with ur chest… no idea what ur on about.
I shouldn’t make a joke cause he was in the military? Military service is mandatory in my country after high school, its casual topic here, 19 year olds take the train to base with rifles and uniform on.

I did not belittle the Ukraine war either.

you guys triggered over nothing. There is nothing too bad about what i said, drama queens.

Back