Varner Vs. Guillard Cancelled - Moved To UFC 155 (merged threads)

I ha(d) high hopes for Guillard. He's touted as "the most athletic fighter" and the like. Sadly, he gets his ass handed to him by the better prospects. Basically he's 1-3 in his last four fights and Varner is 3-1 (I know, XFC). I think Guillard could use the next bit of time to really think about how he wants to handle this fight if he expects to fight for UFC. I'd like to see it, but just don't think he'll do it.

Varner's got a history of "delicate" behavior, so people are quick to throw him under the bus...as am I.

People are assuming he didn't do his job like everyone else did...in other words he fucked up some facet of the weight cut and was basically stacking the odds against himself early on.

Have you ever heard of a UFC fighter throwing up/being ill with flu etc. the day of the scheduled fight and having to drop out? I've been watching for most my life an I don't know if that's ever happened the day of or even the day before...sure fighters back out a week or so before b/c of illness or other weirdness and even Wanderlei and others have lost badly (*Hendo fight) and later said they had the flu while fighting and a fever etc. To be fair though idk if I'd back out if i was very ill. I probably would if my career or title was on the line. Too much to lose.

he probably just got some minor food poisoning or something when he stuffed himself after the weigh-ins, then got sick the next day. The card was just fine without this fight and was full of great finishes. I hope he is able to fight at 155, if not, then i don't really care that much.

Have you ever heard of a UFC fighter throwing up/being ill with flu etc. the day of the scheduled fight and having to drop out? I've been watching for most my life an I don't know if that's ever happened the day of or even the day before...

Alessio Sakara had to cancel his fight against Jorge Rivera at UFC 122 due to "illness". The reality was that Sakara cut tons of weight and his body gave him an answer the day after the weigh ins.

Wait a second did we get another finish by the Sauna in less than a month?

I know he did make weight but the cut can be directly attributed to his sickness,

So Sauna via Round 2 submission due to pukes?

My God you're right... We could potentially be seeing the GOAT in action. We should all feel so lucky for seeing this beat in action.

Guillard was probably going to lose, so Dana didn't want to give him the money for something he's never going to earn.

Doesnt change the hypocrisy at all even in the slightest.

You could apply this to every fight this has happened.

What a stupid post, no surprise coming from this site though.

Usually fighters dont ask for money they haven't earned, he should give him nothing for being an entitled little brat.

My God you're right... We could potentially be seeing the GOAT in action. We should all feel so lucky for seeing this beat in action.

We found a real contender for Jon Jones.

What a stupid post, no surprise coming from this site though.

If Guillard doesn't like it he's free to not renew his contract with the UFC when it expires and go fight somewhere else if he isn't cut by then.

At least it is rescheduled soon. And Melvin gets the show money.

I think a fighter and the doctor get to make the call, but athletes often play through the illness. Aldo was apparently sick as a dog when he fought Hominick and then there is Jordan who looked like death in that finals game (against the Jazz?).

The Sha's fight in Bellator got scrapped because he had food poisoning, threw up before the fight. Why cant Varners? It is the Doc's call.

Back