Varnber's Corner are a disgrace

I got no problem with it. Let your fighter make it to the end of the round to see if he can pull off a miracle, then he moved to stop it between rounds.

unbelievable........you would let your fighter continue to further damage his injury by trying to stand, and put weight on it?????? he wasn't winning that fight.......??? to argue otherwise is moronic

The refs and corners in MMA are jokes. Something really needs to be done. So much unnecessary damage.

If you're not prepared to do that, you shouldn't fight.

Yeah, thats why I never will fight. Hell, I even sometimes let people submit me in BJJ to gain confidence. Although, I think people do that for me too.

unbelievable........you would let your fighter continue to further damage his injury by trying to stand, and put weight on it?????? he wasn't winning that fight.......??? to argue otherwise is moronic

The second he got hurt, he hit a blast double. He had some fight left in him. I would give him a chance to use it. Later in the fight he defended a guillotine to take side control. If he had gotten a sub from there, everyone would be thinking a different tune.

The refs and corners in MMA are jokes. Something really needs to be done. So much unnecessary damage.

Varner could've fallen and quit like many other fighters have when enduring mid-fight injuries. Get the fuck over it.

Hell, I even sometimes let people submit me in BJJ to gain confidence.

That's an awful thing to do to your training partners, makes them develop bad habits. I teach my students to never do that, unless they know that's what you're doing and there's a reason.

The second he got hurt, he hit a blast double. He had some fight left in him. I would give him a chance to use it. Later in the fight he defended a guillotine to take side control. If he had gotten a sub from there, everyone would be thinking a different tune.

I agree, people on here, are over reacting like they usually do.

I couldn't hear what his corner was saying after that but if Varner wanted out he could have just said so.

I was actually thinking Herzog should have stopped it. He clearly was not going to rebound from a dangling foot. The more I see Herzog the more I'm not sure he's a good ref.

no shit. The ref's and corners are there to protect the fighter for a reason.

Varner wasn't unconscious and he was still willing to fight. They thought he was still able to mount offense (which he was) so they let him continue. It was stopped after the 1st so I don't know what the big deal is.

That's an awful thing to do to your training partners, makes them develop bad habits. I teach my students to never do that, unless they know that's what you're doing and there's a reason.

That's what I mean. If a newer guy is in there, especially a girl or someone I am stronger than does it right, I don't power out or go all out to stop it. It's like a reward for being technically correct, even though I know how to counter.

Varner wasn't unconscious and he was still willing to fight. They thought he was still able to mount offense (which he was) so they let him continue. It was stopped after the 1st so I don't know what the big deal is.

yea lots of offense, landing a take down and then swinging wildly while falling all over the place because he couldn't even support his own weight.

The fight was eventually stopped by Varner giving up way to late. Thats the point. The ref and his corner did not do what they are paid to do. They just stood there and watched a broken man injure himself further.

That's what I mean. If a newer guy is in there, especially a girl or someone I am stronger than does it right, I don't power out or go all out to stop it. It's like a reward for being technically correct, even though I know how to counter.

Ahh, okay, I hear you on that. I do a similar thing. If they do something roughly correct, I let them get it (sweep, sub, TD). And if they do the wrong thing I shut em down.

As long as it doesn't get to the point there they go bragging "hey I tapped out the instructor on my first day!"

Ahh, okay, I hear you on that. I do a similar thing. If they do something roughly correct, I let them get it (sweep, sub, TD). And if they do the wrong thing I shut em down.

As long as it doesn't get to the point there they go bragging "hey I tapped out the instructor on my first day!"

My instructors do that from times to time. Though, without saying anything they just goes 100% sometimes just to let everyone know what it feels like. It's heatbreaking really, like a kid fighting his big brother. But it builds character.

Ref and corner can share the same blame. I did not need to see that shit go on for the rest of the round.

you're a genius

Fixed.

And you have probably never trained a day in any combat sport. Maybe fighting isn't for you. Spelling contests are still televised on the national level.

Last edited:
Back