Varnber's Corner are a disgrace

It was a good decision. Wasn't like he was taking damage and he got to show some heart rather than having it end abruptly. His stock probably went up from this and it may have saved his contract.

Obviously the ref did not see, or thought that Varner's stumbling was the result of getting tagged.

Anyway, I agree. I just think there's a reason here. Fuuuuck.

Naw.

Minor ankle break / bad ankle sprain. What's the worst that's gonna happen?

JDS' corner was a disgrace for not stopping the third Cain fight. That fight literally took years off his life and will contribute to his inevitable slurred speech as he gets older.

Varner's ankle injury may or may take a couple extra weeks to heal. He was trying to finish; why not let him fight?

It was a good decision. Wasn't like he was taking damage and he got to show some heart rather than having it end abruptly. His stock probably went up from this and it may have saved his contract.

horrible decison. having a shattered bone poking around at everything inside your skin for the sake of a .01% chance at a KO wasn't worth it. hopefully he didn't cause any extra damage...

It's been shown many times throughout the years that MMA corners do not give a shit about their fighters. He was falling around all over the place and they just left him out there. Who knows how much more damage he did staying out there that long.

I got no problem with it. Let your fighter make it to the end of the round to see if he can pull off a miracle, then he moved to stop it between rounds.

Varner just made a lot of fans.

I get the desire to win, but man I would have serious issues with punching on a guy I knew was badly hurt.

Varnber's cornber should have protected their fightber.

So the ref and Dr will stop a fight if you've got a decent cut on your forehead but they won't even stop and take a look if your ankle is playing Flappy Bird?

So the ref and Dr will stop a fight if you've got a decent cut on your forehead but they won't even stop and take a look if your ankle is playing Flappy Bird?

It's a long way from the heart...as my dad would say.

But then again, my dad's 78 years old... soooooo.

I'm sure Varner thought someone was going to step in. They didn't..... Varner persevered and deserves a NC at worst.

I'm sure Varner thought someone was going to step in. They didn't..... Varner persevered and deserves a NC at worst.

How does he deserve an NC at worst? The injury was caused by a strike. Whether the strike caused the intended result or not doesn't matter. That counts as an injury TKO. If the ref stops it it's a TKO. If your corner throws in the towel it's a TKO. If the doctor stops it it's a TKO.

horrible decison. having a shattered bone poking around at everything inside your skin for the sake of a .01% chance at a KO wasn't worth it. hopefully he didn't cause any extra damage...

The decision to keep him in turned a "meh" fight into a exclamation point. So he may have lost the fight, but he won a ton a fans. Getting a W isn't necessarily the only route to winning.

So yeah, unless the decision to keep him in means they have to chop his leg off it was totally worth it. Imho.

Back