Media van Roosmalen hospitalized after car crash, his sister died

Very good news at least!

Van Roosmalen might have returned home, his trainer Hicham Elgaoui told NU.nl. The surgery went well, he is currently recovering. RvR even plans to return as a martial artist after this serious accident. It is not yet clear how long that will take.

Robin broke his back and pelvis in the collision on the A2 near Nieuwegein. A truck ran into the car he and his sister were in. His sister was killed. Friday is her funeral in a private circle. Our sincere condolences to Robin and his family!

Man that is at least some good news, this will either break Robin mentally or make him even more ferocious in the ring.
Either way RIP to his sister and I hope he will be able to cope with losing your sibling is insane even more so at this age.
If he comes back I surely will cheer for him no matter who he fights horrible stuff.

RIP.

Dutch are dangerous drivers seen it myself doesnt matter if bycicle or car they all drive like the world is ending.

RIP.

Dutch are dangerous drivers seen it myself doesnt matter if bycicle or car they all drive like the world is ending.
Dude shut the fuck up you know nothing. This topic is about someone losing their life in a tragic accident.

Besides that, your numbers are fucking off. Netherlands has very low traffic deaths compared to other countries.

Very sad news.

I am trying to understand what happened. They waited IN the car on the hard shoulder?

Dude shut the fuck up you know nothing. This topic is about someone losing their life in a tragic accident.

Besides that, your numbers are fucking off. Netherlands has very low traffic deaths compared to other countries.
Ive seen it with my own eyes been there 4 times. No one said anything about numbers. You guys drive wreckless. How mamy cars land in the water each year alone in amsterdam?

lol they blocked me from this thread cause a opinion hurts some feelings. Its weird cause when i was in the nethetlands plenty of dutch people agreed with me.

Last edited:
Ive seen it with my own eyes been there 4 times. No one said anything about numbers. You guys drive wreckless. How mamy cars land in the water each year alone in amsterdam?
Not a lot, but probably more than in cities that don't have canals. I knew you were a tourist, because you think Amsterdam is representative of the Netherlands. We drive reckless compared to what country?

Also, in what alternative universe would driving reckless not result into a high percentage of fatal car accidents? You're full of shit.

Well, many accidents do happen on the Dutch highways, and this is strange. I remember when a Dutch law breaker was running from the Romanian police, lol, returning home to the Netherlands and died in an accident on the Dutch highway. And indeed, he was white Dutch. He did not suicide, it was so strange.

But could be a generalization, without a statistic. Though:

Speeding and distraction, for example through smartphone use behind the wheel, are the main reasons for the increase, according to the report. Driving while intoxicated also played a role.
Accidents on Dutch highways doubled in 5 years: report

In Eastern and Central Europe I think a lot more people die annually, but the roads are worse and with less highways.

We are a bit off-topic though, but it is a signal the people should be more careful. Too many innocent people die because of their actions.

In the UK and Germany definitely there are less accidents, from what I know.

Accidents on motorways are really not very often, under 10%.

Last edited:
Back