Media van Roosmalen hospitalized after car crash, his sister died

Dick Niaz030

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
My friend just texted me Robin and his sister Melissa had a heavy car accident.
Unfortunately his sister died.
Robin is in the hospital.

apparently they had their car broke down and were waiting for help when they were hit by a truck

Very sad.

Translation from a Dutch site:

Woman (29) died after a major accident on A2 near Nieuwegein

the A2 near Nieuwegein has had a fatal accident. Another was injured in the incident.
One of the victims, a 29-year-old woman, has died. The second victim, a 31-year-old man, is injured in hospital. Both come from Den Bosch. The driver of the truck involved has been arrested. The A2 is closed, reports Rijkswaterstaat.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/vrouw-..._medium=social&utm_campaign=socialsharing_web

Last edited:
Shocking news, I hope he recovers well, RIP Melissa! :(

It seems that they arrested the truck driver. The sister of RvR was 29 years old.

https://www.omroepbrabant.nl/nieuws...elissa-slachtoffers-bij-ernstig-ongeluk-op-a2

Serious, very serious and fatal car accident! You can see more images in the video.

WnXP5Bl.jpg

Last edited:
That crazy that they have footage moments before. Not sure why you would pull off on a freeway like that, but it is a big ass shoulder so not sure how anyone would hit them. Wonder if the driver was drunk.

*Edit - pulled off cuz car broke down, missed that part.

Last edited:
Better view of it all. I am not understanding the lack of guardrails.

Good god, that’s awful.

Horror, and here anyway it is not about his career anymore. I wish him the best, who knows how bad it is!

Irrespective of his career resuming, which pales in comparison. I pray that his mind will come to healing eventually. Such horrors last a lifetime in memory. Then his body. It sounds quite serious. I hope he can walk again.

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers for him and his family. I don`t know what is happening man. Today I have attended my neighbour`s funeral. She was only 36. Her husband remained with two kids, a 9 year old and a 3 year old. It was shocking...cancer BTW.

saw this -- wasn't sure what was up at first. Then I heard and read details. Horrible - any news on if the truck driver was intoxicated or distracted (phone)?

Very good news at least!

Van Roosmalen might have returned home, his trainer Hicham Elgaoui told NU.nl. The surgery went well, he is currently recovering. RvR even plans to return as a martial artist after this serious accident. It is not yet clear how long that will take.

Robin broke his back and pelvis in the collision on the A2 near Nieuwegein. A truck ran into the car he and his sister were in. His sister was killed. Friday is her funeral in a private circle. Our sincere condolences to Robin and his family!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back