Value systems Illustrated: Holy time violence - Islam vs Christianity

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 19:27
Deuteronomy 18 18:19 references that god wants all non Christians killed too.

Acts 3:23

3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Basically saying god will send his son to spread the word of christianity, and god saying he will kill all non believers.

Do you need me to spell it out any further?

It's bizarre that Christians rarely if ever do anything like this.

Almost as if it's interpreted differently than the Quran and Islam hasn't had a reformation or something

And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to the prophet shall be destroyed among the people ?

I know two things about Christian theology: Jack and Shit. But that doesn't sound like an instruction to kill. It reads like a threat, sure: listen to the prophet or your soul will be destroyed(damned). It's a threat of spiritual suffering, not physical.
To many people on the left, they believe Christianity is the bigger enemy over Islam. So you get these twisted explanations from the left on how Christianity is just as violent as Islam. Which is ironic because the left loves Islam, a religion that will cut their head off if they get the chance.

And Christians don't seem to take these verses to mean the same as what they claim here.

It's bizarre that Christians rarely if ever do anything like this.

Almost as if it's interpreted differently than the Quran and Islam hasn't had a reformation or something
True, but the same principles apply. The ol "follow this religion or die" message.

The WR posters who keep making these retarded "look how bad this religion is" threads, I'm convinced, have read even less of the bible than they did of the koran that triggered them enough to make threads like this.

We get it. Religion is scary and gods are unmerciful.

3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Basically saying god will send his son to spread the word of christianity, and god saying he will kill all non believers.

Do you need me to spell it out any further?
Yeah, that verse is not telling Christians to murder unbelievers.

True, but the same principles apply. The ol "follow this religion or die" message.

The WR posters who keep making these retarded "look how bad this religion is" threads, I'm convinced, have read even less of the bible than they did of the koran that triggered them enough to make threads like this.

Well for starters, you're quoting some things from the Old Testament

Even if it were true that "follow this religion or die" was written in what you're quoting, Christians do not go through with it. Followers of Islam do. So yes, people are entirely correct to label Christianity as superior to Islam in that sense

Christians don't follow the OT, they follow the NT after Jesus.

If anything, you could make the case for Jews, but they don't actively go around killing people, do they?

Well for starters, you're quoting some things from the Old Testament

Even if it were true that "follow this religion or die" was written in what you're quoting, Christians do not go through with it. Followers of Islam do. So yes, people are entirely correct to label Christianity as superior to Islam in that sense
I disagree with there being a superior religion. Religion beliefs are passed down through generations throughout regions, which is why everyone thinks their religion is the "right" religion.

It's also why there have been holy wars in the middle east for thousands of years, and why they will never end.

I want to make it clear to the people arguing that the bible has violence too:

Of course it does. But do entire nations operate under a Christian system that highly values violence and subjugation?

How many murders and terrorist attacks did Christians carry out as a holy statement during lent?

I disagree with there being a superior religion. Religion beliefs are passed down through generations throughout regions, which is why everyone thinks their religion is the "right" religion.

It's also why there have been holy wars in the middle east for thousands of years, and why they will never end.

I'm not religious, so when I say superior I mean it's followers don't kill people. People can believe whatever the fuck they want in privacy and it makes no difference to me how stupid it might be, but Islam and many of it's followers are oppressive and have literal death squads.

Is your debate strategy to just keep telling me that things aren't the way I didn't say they were?
I'm going off of this. Which I assume your point is that God tells Christians to murder the unbelievers.If so, that is untrue.

A verse in the book of acts involves peter saying that verse was god saying to kill all the non Christians.

Lemme find it. Im on my phone.

I'm going off of this. Which I assume your point is that God tells Christians to murder the unbelievers.If so, that is untrue.
Yeah, why would God tell Christians to kill the non-believers? He already did that x1000 during the Great Flood.

<6>

Back