Valentinas walk around weight is 135lbs

Legacy-wise, the discrepancy in weight in the second Nunes fight, combined with how close it was, does more for Valentina than it does Amanda.

With that being said, if we're talking about skill, then maybe. Amanda clearly has the resume edge though.

I wonder if the same people bitching about weight bullies have a problem with Val dominating her natural weight class.

Shev will hafta fight Amanda again at some point. Nobody has a chance at beating either of them, accept each other. They both just own their divisions. Harrison making 145 is the only other fight for Nunes at this point, and there is nobody at 125 that stands any sort of chance against Shev.

Most dominant champ in the most dangerous division
125 lbs the most dangerous division? The second that the division was created, everyone with a brain in their head knew that Shev would dominate it. 115 is easily the most competitive womens division.

Most dominant champ in the most dangerous division

Um.... no.

Valentina is the #1 P4P best WMMA fighter in the history if the sport but she's a giant shark in a division that is as shallow as a kiddie pool.

Think about this - Her opponent last night, who Valentina dominated in every round, was on a 4-fight winning streak at 125.

Literally the only challenge Valentina has left in her career is to fight Nunes at 135 one last time, and I bet she'd win.

Valentina is basically doing what BJ Penn did back in the days. She could have been a champ at 135 but she got very unlucky with the judges, so she had to stop down to 125.

Nunes is her GSP whether she ends up beating Amanda or not is irrelevant to her greatness.

Ive been saying this for about 2 years now, there is no doubt who the best women's fighter ever is. Its Shevchenko. She beat Nunes in their rematch and got a bad decision. It was such a boring fight that nobody wants to rewatch it and see. The difference between her run at 125 and Nunes run at 145 is Shev makes those ladies look terrible when at 145 they just are. Spencer and Anderson are not even close to as good as the likes of Andrade, Maia, Chookagian.

Its a shame there isnt much of a threat at 125 for Valentina. I would like to see the Bellator Champ come over. She is boring, but at least she has an awkward style that poses a different look.

Back