Valentina Shevchenko Vs Germaine de Randamie

Shevchenko by KO. Randamie has no gas tank.

Holm was coming off a loss and so was Val so it made sense, GDR hasn't even beat a ranked fighter yet whereas Val just beat a former champion.
i like this system when it comes to match making. sucks for Holly though.

Agree. Really I was struggling to find a woman with really good top control. I mean, Rousey, but she would get her clock cleaned on the way in.

Yeah, the game plan was great. So she is probably working very hard on that. Or at least I hope so.

OMzKZ9R.gif

Legit chuckle imo ...

Legit chuckle imo ...

Do you disagree? Val has pinpoint accuracy with her counters, and Rousey has nothing resembling footwork or striking defense.

Which is why I was never of the "Ronda would beat Cyborg" school.

This is a very interesting fight: they both match-up stylistically. I never thought of this match-up before, but they're both phenomenal strikers and Valentina needs to fight again before she gets a titleshot, in my opinion.

I like that fight. They need to book that next and have Nunes fight Ronda.

Do you disagree? Val has pinpoint accuracy with her counters, and Rousey has nothing resembling footwork or striking defense.

Which is why I was never of the "Ronda would beat Cyborg" school.

No, I don't disagree at all, especially with Edmond at the helm ...

{<jordan}

No, I don't disagree at all, especially with Edmond at the helm ...

I actually saw someone in another thread trying to defend him as a coach. I was so stunned I could not possibly reply.

GDR is already scheduled to fight AES on Sept 3rd Arlovski vs Barnett card.

I like gdr's length. But Val has the speed edge. Very intriguing fight

Yeah, I really think Val has the ability to control the distance. A lot of people were not happy with the Holm/Shevchenko fight, but for me it was beautiful in its execution. Holly did not get a beat down, but other than the first round, the entire fight was Val deciding what was going to happen. Her check hook was the story of the fight. Beautifully timed, dropped her head off the midline leaving Holly with no chance to counter, etc.

Good game planning and good cornering, as she made adjustments between the first and second round and then was essentially hitting Holm with sniper fire.

Back